November 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Mascara - ASTOR Volume Diva Mascara

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

I bought this mascara on holiday in Europe, and I don't know how much it cost but it sure was a reasonable drug store price. I was mainly drawn towards the Volume Diva-mascaras because of their beautiful packaging. As I'm used to the clumpy and colourful mascaras from Maybelline and Max Factor, this curved golden tube with ornaments sure stood out!

This mascara claims to give you "volume and luxurious curves", the formula contains Lycra for smoothness and and volume. The mascara has a wire brush, but it is quite special - in stead of being symmetrical the wand is different all the way 'round. I find that this unique brush really helps to coat and separate all the lashes without clumping. The mascara liquid is quite black, and even though I've had this mascara for over a month now it is as liquid-y as when it was new (I find that many mascaras tend to dry a bit out after a while).

This mascara almost does what it claims! It gives me voluminous and long lashes with a slight curve. I subtracted one lippie because I would have liked it to curl my lashes a bit more. I use this mascara every day, as it does not flake or smudge and is easy to remove ay the end of the day. If you want a more dramatic effect you can put on several coats without it clumping, but on a day-to-day basis I stick to one coat.

If you live some place that sell the ASTOR cosmetic brand, I would totally recomend you to try this mascara. I will be sad when this tube is empty and I have to go back to the ugly Max Factor mascaras.