December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - oil control oil blotting pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by HuyenChau7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've been using it for about a week, and I love what it does for me! It definately makes my face smooth and matte, but I prefer using a brush instead of the pad it comes with. But after about 2-3 hours, my face is a bit oily, and I have to reapply. But other than that, it's great! Highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2005 4:09:00 AM More reviews by AcidCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first used this, I thought it was great. It's similar to MAC Blot powder and also cheaper (but is it discontinued now?) and is good for hiding my oily T-zone. However, the results would last for maybe an hour or so, and I didn't like how this powder would really exaggerate my flaky patches. I think I've learnt my lesson about translucent powders as well, this did look too chalky and ghostly on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beaheretic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I came across this powder on a discount cosmetics ebsite in the UK in my search for a powder that would primarily mattify my skin yet not leave my skin with accentuated lines or without looking too dark.
I have this in translucent which matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make me look like a ghost in photographs either (which can be very annoying when you have a friend who has a camera glued to her!)
This powder also refined my poor skin texture and left a smooth, smooth finish as well as mattifying, although i do usually hav to blot my t-zones throughout the day. In addition to this, it has to horrible 'chalky' white powdery effects

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2005 6:41:00 PM More reviews by SKSS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thats right pumpkin boo hoo b/c this was a great oil control powderthat has been d/ced! The people at almay aka revlon don't know wat they are doing! This was an effective product! I have found it in those cheap bargain basement stores like LOT LEss but hesitate to buy it b/c of how long its been sitting around! Very annnoying!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2005 5:43:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinspice

100% discontinued per Almay. Always happens to the best products :( BOO!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2004 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my HG pressed powder. It took me years to find one that kept the oilies at bay and didn't break me out or give me the "Marie Antoinette" caked on too pale look. I haven't been able to find this product for some time. This wasn't too expensive but I think this has been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Star5181

I absolutely love this powder - "Translucent" is the perfect color for my fair skin. It is not expensive, doesn't cake or turn orange, controls oilies incredibly well, and has no scent. Unforunately, I can't seem to find this powder anywhere so I think it has been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

I used this for 10 years prior to my acne problem, and loved it. My derm told me to switch to a loose powder and just blot oil during the day. Still, if I ever get my skin back under control, this will always be in my purse. Really controls oil! Not too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2003 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Gigglez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in translucent. It does seem to control my oily t-zone to an extent, but after sometime Im still oily. I apply this with a big soft brush, rather than the applicator it comes with. This does although sometimes accentuate my dry areas, I guess it depends on the "mood" of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2003 6:07:00 PM More reviews by fab4gal

I love this stuff...sometimes I use the puff that came with it and sometimes I use my Revlon powder brush...I bought a few of these a couple of years ago and I tend to use my powder sparingly as I have really cut down from a full face of makeup to a more barely there look...however, I cannot seem to find this powder anymore. YIKES!! I still have alittle more than 3/4 of my Almay Oil Control Oil Blotting pressed powder in use and one full one in my cabinet.