October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by 223minx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The curved wand included with this mascara makes this a quick go to for everyday occasions. The formula is pretty unimpressive, as is the finish and the pay off, but for an every day mascara this does pretty good. The tube is obviously the seller with this one, who doesn't like the fun cheetah print packaging? It does flake, it can be dry, and really kind of lacks the WOW! factor. So why buy it? It's an average mascara. I like the brush, personally, I and I don't mind wasting it for everyday occasions. It's easy and cost friendly to replace. It's worth trying, I've purchased it several times and have yet to regret it, it just doesn't WOW me. It's not "date night" mascara. Application is everything, though, and this is a reasonable staple. It's "as good" as other drugstore mascaras with a fun package and nice wand. If your expectations don't exceed that, then this is worth picking up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by mangojuice54

I picked this up on a whim because I wanted to explore the world of drugstore mascara beyond my all-time favorite, Covergirl's lash blast volume in waterproof. I picked up Colossal Cat Eyes because I was drawn by the promise of the winged lash that would give a cat eye effect. The wand is curved, which is something I've never tried, and for this reason, I had (and sometimes still do have) a hard time applying this. Plus, it takes me a while to get the result I want, but I have to work fast so it doesn't get too nasty and clumpy-looking. This, plus the wetness of the formula makes it too easy to accidentally leave mascara smudges on my eyelids. I live in Florida and have oily/combo skin to begin with and have stick-straight asian lashes, so my main make-or-break point for any mascara is smudging and its ability to hold a curl, which this mascara does about the same as my LashBlast. I tested this on one eye and Lash Blast on the other, and while the Lash Blast seemed to define my lashes more, the Cat Eyes had a bit more volume. Some days this mascara works really well for me, other days it doesn't :/ I probably won't repurchase this, but I will try other maybelline mascaras that have more user-friendly wands.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this was pretty average although i have short lashes so never really found a good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ksoccer8

I like this mascara for layering. I use it as my first coat to curl and define. It works well for that, but I could see how people wouldn't like it as much as a single mascara on its own. I would say try it if you like a curved brush and if you typically like Maybelline products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by falkenna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really have no true qualms with this product other than a longer-than-usual drying time. It doesn't clump and it lengthens my lashes pretty well (to the point where I can't look up while it's drying without getting it all over my brow bone) with a nice, not too dramatic black. I do wish it was a bit more volumizing, but overall it's a pretty solid mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by shesUNIQUE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I do however think the original colossal is better for every day use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I am a die-hard fan of maybelline mascara because I feel like maybelline always, ALWAYS does it right as far as mascaras go.
While this mascara has only one tiny flaw, I still really enjoy it.
This mascara is amazinggggggg at seperating and lengthening lashes. it's not the best at volume, as it doesn't give a whole lot of volume, but it still makes your lashes look HUGE without being spidery or clumpy. it's very buildable and lasts all day - i usually put on around 2 coats - and it doesn't weigh my curl down!! and I have pretty average lashes.
the only bad thing I have to say about this mascara is sometimes it has the tendency to flake. it doesn't flake extremely horribly, so i'm willing to make that compromise.
I will definitely repurchase in the future & recommend this mascara to anyone who likes long, slightly dramatic, and separated lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by grace11103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the brush of this mascara, with the way it's curled and angled, it's easy to reach every lash. HOWEVER, the formula of this product is awful.. clumps lashes together and rolls into little balls at the tips of lashes leaving flakes along the bottom of eyelids at the end of day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Since I can't seem to find Voluminous anymore, I try a new mascara every time. All of these (Falsies, The Rocket, Cat Eyes, etc etc) are kind of the same, but they're decent. This is one I'd rather higher than both Falsies and The Rocket.

As for this one, I like the curvy brush -- its like having an eye lash curler and mascara in 1. It does give a "cat eye" effect, lifting and extending the outer lashes. Pretty. I like the color, and the consistency is fine. It will clump if you're a dumbass and put on too much. So don't. Do one coat, let it dry, then put on another -- focusing on the base of the lashes and zig-zagging to the tips -- this creates a full, voluminous look without getting clumpy.

I give it a 8/10!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Taterbugdancer

I have semi-long lashes and this stuff makes them look all the more long and lovely. There isn't a lot of volume unless you add more coats, which then gives you the risk of clumps and tangles but this stuff is a great every day mascara.