April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by frinhewitt

wow! I bought this mascara along with maybelline the falsies flared in a 2 for $15 deal at chemist warehouse here in Australia. I first tried out the falsies flared and was pretty disappointed, I think because i like length and this didnt provide me with that. So then I moved onto this mascara and i am seriously impressed. Amazing length as soon as its applied and the volume compliments the length so well! It really does give you a cat eye like affect because the wand comes to a curve creating a swept effect on the outer lashes.

Can definitely say from what I personally look for in a mascara, this is definitely a HG

Pro:
-Amazing length
-Good volume
-great formula
-Created cat eye effect

Cons:
nothing so far!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HUGE RAVE!!!!! I love the small curved brush as it dispensed the perfect amount of product onto my lashes. Made my puny lashes super long and defined. Didn't do too much for volume even with 3 coats but I am loving the length and definition. Will be trying the Falsies next to compare, but Cat Eyes is definitely awesome.

Formula is semi wet and dries easily. Will update if there is any flaking or smudging. Pricewise - $5 CDN (total steal!) I can't stop looking at my lashes LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the waterproof version of this product. I actually have relatively straight(asian) lashes that are pretty long. I have tried this a couple times, and surprisingly, the mascara actually curled my lashes. I used this without an eyelash curler, and I saw that the tips curled up, which was nice.

I didn't actually get a dramatic curl, but the tips curled enough that the lashes did not touch the skin under my eyes when I blinked.
I think I may get a better effect if I used it with a curler.

The formula is relatively dry, and the wand is pretty easy to use. It sometimes clumps, so I think it would be good to go easy on the application.

3/5 not an awful product, but not the best I've used.
May or may not buy again. Not sure. It is worth the price but I think I will want to keep looking for other mascaras. I am sure there are better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by icanhazcheezburger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros to this mascara

-Wings out your lashes, I was hesitant to get the curved wand version versus the regular one because I have never used a curved wand mascara before this one so I didn't know how exactly it would grip the lashes, but I went for it and I love how it widens my eye shape.

-Doesn't smudge or flake, doesn't fade either.

-Easy removal, doesn't leave under eye stains.

-Separates lashes well, no clumping

Cons to this mascara

-I'm not sure if it's because of the curved wand or the way I'm applying it even though I have never had this happen to me before but with this wand, since it grips along the curve of the lash line...It makes my hand push back too much and my lashes end up touching my eyelid, leaving a mark along my eyelid. I may just need to help myself from not pushing the wand into the lashes so much, and more upward and/or tilting my head in a different way.

-Doesn't give much volume as it claims it does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was a little nervous to try this because of all the bad reviews but I had a coupon for Maybelline and I have to admit, I was a bit of sucker for the leopard print packaging! Let's start with the brush, it's a curved brush and fits the shape of your eyes perfectly. Gets all the little lashes in the corners of your eyes as well. Super easy to use. Not that applying mascara is rocket science or anything but I really like the brush. The brush also doesnt overload with product, it almost looks like there's nothing on the brush but there is. It gets a little product at a time so you dont get nasty clumps. The formula did really well with giving me length and some good volume. It did NOT make my lashes look thicker or fuller though which was a bummer. It can make your lashes look a bit spidery if you apply too much. I do 2 coats and the no more! Anything more than 2 starts to look a little bit scary. It does last all day with me and I even took a nap one day forgetting I had it on and when I woke up 3 hours later it didn't smudge or move at all. But yet it comes off well with my makeup removing wipes, no struggle! It does look very nice once applied, not too over the top, but still looks glamorous. Also as I said, the packaging is super cute. Love anything animal print! All in all, it's a bit tricky to use when it comes to the formula but I love the brush and the staying power. It's not a mascara for everybody, I can definitely say I've had better but for the price it's really not that bad!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I didn't expect to like this mascara due to the poor reviews. It was on sale and I had a coupon, so I decided to try it (I am a sucker for mascaras lol).

I was pleasantly surprised when I used it. It separates nicely, and didn't clump. It added good definition with just 2 coats. I think it's one of the better curling mascaras out there. I don't know if it was the curved brush or the formula, but it did curl my lashes.

I didn't have any problem with flaking or smudging, which a lot of mascaras give me trouble with. I would buy this mascara again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by emma2312

I really like this product.

First off, the packaging it really nice, and the wand it very good quality.
The curve in the brush allows for a nice shape of the lashes, particularly when used with an eyelash curler.

It gives nice length, and curl, and separates the lashes very well.
However, for a "volum express" mascara, I was a bit disappointed with the lack of volumising effect of the product.

I find the mascara stays well, and doesn't move from the lashes or smudge below the eyes. It does, however, loose some of the curl during the day that it gives in the morning.

Overall, a nice mascara that gives girly and flirty lashes and truly waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Ikvira

I like how it makes my lashes look, but it's not very long lasting. I have the water proof version but it always manages to make it' s way under my eyes. I don't wear eyeliner either! It does it's job but i don't think i'll be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought the waterproof version of this, and it does give very dramatic lashes, but does not volumize as well as some other mascaras I've tried (mostly fiber mascaras... I'm addicted to them), though it does give fantastic length and really makes my lashes stand out, as well as giving them a little lift and "flaring" them out some. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with it, but my main beef with it isn't so much the volumizing as it is the RACCOON EYES. To be fair, the only mascaras I've used that HAVEN'T given me raccoon eyes have been fiber based or the kind that flake instead of smearing (the smearing is what creates the raccoon eyed effect, which I absolutely HATE more than anything else a mascara can do)... and I should also note this DOES do a very minimal amount of it and I have seen far worse before from a mascara... but that factor alone really annoys me quite a bit, because if it weren't for that, this would make a really good second string kind of mascara for me, and it's available just about in every drug store that sells makeup. They really need to go for a formula that flakes instead of smudges like many other waterproof mascaras do... the whole reason I purchased this in waterproof was because I expected that... usually only the non-waterproof mascaras smudge. That being said, I do like that it isn't as prone to breakage as other waterproof mascaras I've tried, I've even accidentally slept with it on and my lashes didn't suffer any damage. The formula seems to be quite nourishing as well and doesn't make my lashes as stiff as other waterproof formulas tend to.

The packaging is quite horrible in that if the bottle gets wet while on your bathroom counter, you can fully expect the red print to bleed all over the place.

The brush is fantastic... but I really love scoop/spoon style brushes altogether because when flipped upside down (curved side up) it prevents me from getting mascara on my lids, grabs every single lash, and gives extra lift to my already naturally curled lashes. What I especially like about this brush in particular is that it separates my lashes very well, which is very important considering on one eye there's a certain group of lashes that like to clump together. every. single. time. But with this particular brush, I always get them perfectly defined and separated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

I came to write a glowing review about this mascara and am so surprised by all the negative reviews here! I am blessed with naturally long and curly lashes and over the years, have literally tried hundreds of mascaras in the search for 'the one'. Well - I am pretty sure I have found it in this one! I HATE clumpy mascaras...I like well defined, thick and full lashes! This delivers just the perfect amount of product onto my lashes. It holds my curl all day and I never experience any flaking or smudging. It makes my lashes look even longer than they are naturally and very voluminous. I have no complaints and have actually just purchased my second tube of it today as I've just finished my first one, (and I have honestly never liked a mascara enough to buy it twice).