December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kate Somerville - CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by salr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Would never use any of Kate's Cytocell products again. Love certain products in Kate's other lines. I have never tended to break out or have reactions on my face and have tried many diff products,mostly highend without issues. THIS however turned the circles under my eyes almost purple, and caused major swelling. It looked like I had black eyes or poison ivy! I really couldn't leave my house for 24 hours with the swelling, discoloration took about a week. I don't know what ingredient in this product caused the issue, but I will never use this particular line of Kates' again. When I asked the clinician if "anyone else had similar response's" she responded with a "Well, a few...maybe you just need to get used to it."

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a month now & although I don't see much of a difference in the dark circles it certainly has hydrated the eye area well. I have hereditary dark circles so I'm not sure much can be done. It is quite pricey and as someone has mentioned below you can find the moisturizing effects in a cheaper alternative. I'm not sure if I would repurchase yet but if it doesn't make a difference to the dark circles I'll probably go back to Cliniques All about eyes rich.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am in my early 40's, pale skin, combo skin, allergic "shiners" under my eyes. At first, I thought this was a godsend, as it did lighten up my circles. However, towards the end of the bottle, the results plateaued. It lightened some, earning it a 3, but I need more.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by aspenskimommy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I k
Love Kate. I do. This is a huge miss. It only hydrates... I can get hydration so much cheaper else wear . Not worth the Kate price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by melissap1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was disappointing. It is not really moisturizing at all, doesn't seem to affect fine lines and doesn't seem to do anything for dark circles at all. It just kind of sits on your skin, and easily balls up and falls off if you touch it. There are such better eye creams out there. I don't think it's worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by kimmiehearts

This review is for the eye cream, which I can't seem to find on MA separately. I've had facial moisturizers that would work better as an eye cream. No difference in dark circles what so ever. Actually, I think it made them worse. Not comfortable to wear, it migrates into the eye. Gave me a small pimple RIGHT under my eye, and we all know that is a very unusual place to get one. I don't get acne, so I know it was this cream. It is actually hard to describe just how awful this is, imagine the cheapest, worst moisturizer you ever encountered and using it as an eye cream. A pauper in a prince's clothing. Avoid, you can find so much better.