October 24, 2014 | 1681 users online

Eyes - Illamasqua - Cream Pigment in Hollow

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by huntybooboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is my fave contouring shade for pale skin. i'm not sure it'd be very useful for anyone much deeper, at least not for contouring. this has more of a greyish undertone than say, nyx taupe blush, which i also like, to made it look a bit more shadowy, which is the goal. there's not much warmth to it at all, but it's not so grey that it looks weird or unnatural. it's thick but pretty emollient, so it blends well, but does need to be set w/ powder to last on most people.

it also makes a nice neutral eyeshadow base if you use an eye primer & set it well w/ a powder or eyeshadow, or a sort of dead-nude lip, which i like a lot. you could even use it for brows in a pinch. personally i love the versatility of products like this & illamasqua does them very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the packaging really works against this product.

The product itself is fine. I think it works okay as a contour. I wish it was a bit cooler toned. On my pale skin, it is still a smidge too warm to be a complete win for me. However, the texture is my biggest issue. I love cream product and I will always use a cream product over a powder if it is available. However, because this product is packaged in such a shallow container with such a large amount of the product exposed to the air (unlike MAC paint pots, or Maybelline Color Tattoos), it dries out quickly and get a sort of film over the top that has to be scrubbed through to get to fresh product. If they could package this product so it didn't dry out quickly, it would rank much higher with me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After watching Pixowoo use this for a contour colour. I went and bought this. The SA tried it on me and it look so natural and it DOES NOT LOOK muddy/orange other products I tried. It works great on light-fair skin ladies. I am NW20 and I use this for contouring under my cheekbones and my nose and it looks so natural. Sometimes, for longer wear, I would use a bronzer on top of this cream pigment. The packaging is nice ! Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Alicepalace88

My HG contour product.

I am incredibly pale (02 in Illamasqua, NW10 or even lower if they did that in MAC) but I basically want to look like a pale skinned Kardashian. I basically only watch the show for their contouring and to sigh with envy.

Colour - I have tried every contour product under the sun and this is by far and away the best for my skin. Hollow has no orange undertones like 90% of other contour products and so looks so incredibly real on fair skin, particularly skin with pink undertones. I would recommend however ensuring that either your lips or cheeks have a flush of colour in them or you can verge on looking a little tired (but in a sexy, look at my cheekbones way).

Application - What I did find tricky was application, I used a number of brushes and sponges until I landed on my Real Techniques contour brush which is perfect for picking up the colour (the product is quite thick so needs a densely packed brush). Once you have found the right tool however, it is perfect.

Price - Illamasqua is a bit more pricey than most brands but I have used this product every day for 3 months and have barely made a dent so the price per way is incredibly low.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by arclightlux

An excellent contour color if you're fair to light skinned. If you know where to place it then it's basically fool proof because it builds slowly and subtly. It's very difficult to end up with a harsh line using this product. You can also use it as an eyeshadow base. The one thing that disliked, is the consistency. The product I received was quite hard and I was expecting something more emollient. However, I suppose if it was too creamy then it would have less staying power. Overall I like this product and I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Naikoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

skin: asian, lighter than nc15
This is my holy grail face contour! I hope they NEVER discontinue it! I am very fair so contour powders always end up looking too warm or orangey on my skin. This cream product is a perfect neutral taupe, and I would recommend it to anyone who has fair skin, and is looking for a contour product. It blends really easily and stays all day. It is quite a thick cream and practically dries to a powder finish. I think OCC has a cream product that is like a neutral taupe shade as well, but I'm not sure how that one works. I also like it a lot better than mac's pro powder in sculpt.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice eye colour base, it looks really nice with the purplse version as well. I like that you can also use it to contour with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by PandoraSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this pigment. It's a bit too light for contouring on my olive skin, but I use it as an eyeshadow base and it works fantastically well.
It lasts all day on my lids (with or without a powder shadow over it) and it's waterproof. It needs to be applied with a light hand, if it's too thick it will crease a little.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I have to say I was really impressed with this. Saw it used on Illas website in tuitorial video for the generation q look and ended up being able to swap for it. Im on the pale side and on me this is more of a my lids but better color rather than an obvious concealor color like uds eden primer potion which i have tried in the past. This stuff is great. it may look muddy and blah in the container but it is a wonderful product. I find that the amount used can make a difference- too much and it looks heavy and shadows crease over it after a very short time. So I use two swipes on my stila #2 brush and that is just the right amount of product to totally cover the reddish discolorations, look totally natural and keep my shadows on most of the day. Would definitely recommend and purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Honestly, the only reason I'm giving it a low rating is because it was way to light for my NC37 skin and didn't do much! I think it would be PERFECT for lighter skinned girls to use as a contour, eyebrow color, and an eyeshadow base! ^_^ It's nice and creamy and very long lasting and it's also very matte and natural looking!