July 31, 2014 | 2020 users online

Polishes - Essence - Colour & Go Nail Polish in Lime Up

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The color is amazing and vibrant
The price was DIRT CHEAP
The packaging is perfect, you get a small bottle for a small price and you are not stuck with the polish forever.

will buy again and again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essence's Lime Up! Nail Polish is a chartreuse green quick dry nail polish with a cream finish. I paid .99 for .16 fl oz at Ulta.
The polish is cute. It's in a tiny bottle about 1/2 the size of a regular nail polish. The bottle is clear glass with a cap that matches the color of the polish. The cap tends to detach from the top of the brush, which is annoying, especially considering this a new bottle. The brush is surprisingly long for such a tiny bottle, but is on the thinner side. It takes 3 strokes to cover my nails.
As for application, the first coat is sheer and really streaky. The second coat is much better, evening out the texture and adding more color. With the third and final coat, you reach near complete opacity, with a faint visible nail line. The finish after the third coat is smooth, shiny, and streak-free. The addition of a top coat makes it super shiny. Dry time is about a minute, so the formula stays true to the "fast dry" claim. The formula is a nice consistency, not watery, not thick.
Where I find inconsistency in this polish is wear time. The first time I wore this polish, I got 4 days of wear with a small amount of tip wear. The polish lasted through 2 baths and 2 dish washing. The second time I wore it was a different story. It lasted less than a day, all but two nails peeling off in a bath. The most recent time I wore Lime Up!, I did a bit of nail art, and added a little extra top coat to seal the design in, and got 3 days of wear with moderate chipping.
Due to how inconsistent this polish is I don't feel like I can give a really accurate review. But for just .99, this isn't bad at all. The bright chartreuse color is fun and unique. It reminds me of a Wet n' Wild polish I had when i was like 12. Next time I'm at Ulta I plan to pick up a couple more Colour&Go polishes, to see if the formula is inconsistent in the entire range, or just this polish. And because of all the fun bright colors. I recommend trying a shade or two, just for fun.