September 2, 2014 | 1977 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Hello Kitty Volum' Express Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by drcotton

Ok for all of you are curious about this mascara.... Yes this mascara does exist! It is exclusively sold in Japan. All I can say is I've tried many many different mascaras in my lifetime and this tops my top 5. I came across this mascara while internet surfing for a comparable mascara to my all time favorite mascara: Lancome Fatale which has been discontinued. I have long, thin, straight Asian eye lashes and it's hard to find mascara that holds up a curl or stays on all day without flaking or smudging. I love the unique wand, it's almost like a mini comb. I like how dark this mascara goes on and it separates each lash with every sweep. It doesn't go on clumpy and you only need 2 coats! I gave this mascara 4 lippies... only because it is hard to find.. I've been purchasing this through ebay. I must... add if you are a Hello Kitty fanatic, you will love the packaging!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I have been wanting to try this mascara for the cute pacaking as well as comb applicator wand. And got it when it was on half price, such a steal!

First, the comb applicator wand is different from the normal types you usually see. It has a curved doubled sided comb instead of the normal mini comb. I actually prefer the usual norm comb as I think it works better in holding a curl.

Second, I find the formula quite dry which surprised me as from experience, most mascara tend to have wetter formulas (with the exception of ZA mascaras which are pretty dry even when opened new)

I won't say it builds volume as the name suggests it should do, but rather, I think this is more of a lenghening mascara. Even then, I won't say the lengthening is exceptional. All in all, I don't think I would re-purchase. Its an average mascara, don't expect miracles from it. And oh yes, this is a limited edition, which I think is only available in Asia if I'm not wrong.