February 1, 2015 | 2301 users online

Brows - Essence - Brow Designer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:46:00 AM More reviews by holly5652

My thoughts are mixed on this product. It was my very first eye brow product, and since I had no idea where to start when I first realised out I needed to fill in my eyebrows at 15 (whyyy did it take me so long to work this out???) I saw it at my local Priceline and given how it was only $2.75 I think, I figured why the hell not. First of all, the product itself is not too bad, but my eyebrows are very course, thick and sparse, and come off as almost black, whereas my hair is warm toned dark blonde, which is why I thought i could not put any product in them to avoid Sharpie brows with my pale skin and fairly light hair. However i had patches at the start of my eyebrow where the hair is long and sparse sticking straight up, so to make it look neater and fuller I began filling them in with this product, and then brushing it out with the brush which comes on the lid and setting it in place with the Essence Clear Brow Gel (which is also not bad).

I think the thing that puts me off this product is the fact that I have it in the shade 'Blonde', which is okay when only softly filling them in, however if i properly use the brow pencil, you can obviously tell its fake and unnatural since it is way too light for my dark eyebrow hairs. My younger sister also uses this product, with light brown hair, and this looks MUCH better on her. I have also upped my eyebrow game lately to Anastasia products, therefore I will no longer repurchase or use the Essence pencil.

Overall, if you are looking for a cheap product you can buy for less than $3, definitely worth getting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

recommend to EVERYONE,

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by juliaayse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a very affordable eyebrow pencil. I have medium brown hair but i get 04 which is the blonde shade. it is almost the same as mac lingering.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by nostalgia496

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute HG product! The product isn't too waxy but still has heaps of staying power and the brush on the end is really nice to just blend out any harsh lines. It's also at a very affordable price and also is better than some of the higher end products I own. Overall, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't have any high expectation of this product but wowee! It is one of the best brow liners in my collection so far and I find that it's easy to blend out if it appears too harsh in my brows. Only thing I dislike is the blonde shade but using brown lightly does the job for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by msunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The best ever!!! I was so shocked with the great results because its such a cheap price!! It's easy to apply, look very natural and I love the bonus brush at the end! It's the only brow product I use and I hope I never need a replacement!! Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ahoysailor42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this!!! It is so cheap but literally one of my favorite things in my makeup bag. You can vary the pigmentation, going from very light to very dark, depending on how much you build. The pencil is soft but not too soft, and not waxy, which I thought would be a terrible thing as my brows tend to be unruly but ended up being just fine. The color is not too red, I have the very lightest one for blondes and it works wonderfully. It is a cool tone. The bit at the end allows you to brush through your brows to blend them, the pencil lasts forever even with frequent sharpening, and the price is just amazing. I love this!!! Will never stop buying it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I've just found a replacement to my WnW Color Icon pencil in Taupe for my brows! Don't get me wrong, WnW Taupe is good, cheap, & a former HG (til I met this pencil!!), but the Essence 04 Blonde looks better on me. WnW Taupe is getting harder to find in stores too. This has no red to it which I like & I like the cap thingie. This makes my brows look perfect. I got mine at Ulta. It's a wooden pencil that you sharpen. The lead is suitable for swift small strokes that are necessary to fill in my sparse eyebrows. This is a gr8 product & so far Essence cosmetics have yet to fail or disappoint me. This pencil won't sweat off & doesn't break me out. The price is right! I wish Essence was sold at DS's (USA). Essence may not have a lot of color selections in their makeup but what they do sell they concentrate on making a good quality, affordable line of cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BeccaBxo

love this pencil! this is the one and only pencil ive ever used. cant beat that price, and it is pretty good at staying on!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by suzannahvo

Amazing pencil. Definitely recommend to anybody that's looking for a product to fill your brows in! My brows are very sparse and my brow hairs are very thin- with no makeup on, my brows are nonexistent and you can't even see them.

The pencil texture is very nice. It's not too waxy, it's more of a dryer product- but there's enough wax to make this pencil withstand sweat, oil and water. When I use it on my brows it's not fake looking like other brow pencils. I use the little brush on the cap to blend in the product and use it on the head of my brows to make a gradient. Works very well. I have very oily skin and the pencil will last on my brows for my 12 hours work day (that is, if you don't touch or rub them). I've endured 12 hour work days with my oily skin, sweat in 30 degree weather and some droplets of rainfall and the pencil still survived on my face.

I used to think pencils always looked fake so I would spend so much more money buying brow powders from department stores, but now I can save all my money by using this pencil. It's less of a hassle to use than brow powders, it's cheaper and it looks even nicer. I have dark asian hair (looks black on top) but the tail of my hair naturally turns brown/light brown/blonde so it's difficult for me to find a brow product with a good colour that will match my hair colour. I use the colour 02 Brown and it's a great match for my naturally multicoloured hair.