April 19, 2014 | 1976 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Matte Eye

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by carrie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette works for both day and night and I use all of the shades. I especially like the light brown shade that doubles as brow color - I don't think I'll ever buy another palette without that since it's so convenient.

Somehow, all of these colors match my clothes, too. The brown row is very nice and natural, the middle row looks more dramatic, and the pinky row at the bottom is quite feminine.

I do have to be careful with the middle colors, because if I apply it wrong it can go on heavy in the wrong spot and be hard to blend/remove, so I'm still experimenting to find the right brushes. But it goes on great, nice and velvety, and the liners look awesome when applied with a nice thin liner brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the colors in this palette. It's great for day time smokey looks. Most of the shadows are reasonably pigmented and have good staying power except the purple shade. Which is really disappointing because it's a great color. It just fades way too fast. The brown shades are my most used.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soft, kinda romantic colors.
It comes with instructions/tips.

Low pigmentation, especially the lighter shades. They vanish rather quickly, even with an eye primer.
The packaging looks a little cheap unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by iheartowls55

This palette is perfect for people who love matte eye looks. I love every single color in this palette. You can create a super natural look or go more dramatic. "Pebbles" is a beautiful blue-gray shade that's pretty unique in my collection. The packaging on this is super cute (although I wish it had a mirror), and comes with helpful tips about how to create different looks, which is great for beginners. If you're lukewarm on shimmers and a lover of mattes, definitely invest in this. It's a great addition to my makeup kit, and it's way worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG I LOVE this palette! This is my first Too Faced palette ever. I fell in love immediately with the 2nd row: Pebbles (gray) and London Fog (deep blue). They are such beautiful colors that I saved up and bought the palette. I've used it a lot since -the shadows are smooth, soft colors, easy to blend, and feel like butter. Honestly they're such great quality shadows!

I have received so many compliments when wearing these. They stay on perfectly with primer and they're just SO easy to apply. They're amazing and they are beautiful matte colors! I love this palette A LOT!! The only thing I wish it'd have is a mirror. Oh and getting the instructions out of the lid is such a pain.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for the matt texture and lovely combinations.
However, at my age, anything but cream eyeshadows just really accentuate the ageing skin texture. :(

So this lovely palette was relegated to the back of a makeup drawer.
Until one day I took it out and thought the Tufted Suede would make a fantastic colour for filling in my eyebrows.
Eureka.
It's perfect.
Then I realised both Velveteen Bunny and Fresh Linen are excellent and long-lasting under the brow highlighters.
So at the end of the day, I turn to this palette every day.
I'm thinking of depotting those colours and making a present of the palette for a friend who loves powder eyeshadow and will appreciate the colours.

Bottom line

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

Love the colours, the combinations and the fact they are matt. I am not overly impressed by the quality of the product. Somebody else mentioned below that they look like dirt when on and I have to somewhat agree. It feels like you are putting a layer of chalk on your lids which quickly falls off. Sticks slightly better with a primer, but even then not great, I always feels it sits on the skin and not merge with it. Such a shame. With hindsight I would try before buying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedGal86

Without a doubt, one of the best makeup investments I have ever made. I was on the hunt for quality matte shadows for ever and I asked a Sephora employee to recommend some matte shadows. She pointed me to some MUF singles (I think. I don't remember) and this little gem.

The shades are mostly neutral with a pretty purple and a dark blue/gray. The three base colors come on larger sizes (though I will never be able to wear Tufted Suede all over my lid.....way too dark).

You can do alot with this palette. I wear it casual and light to work and I've done some pretty awesome (if I do say so myself...and I do) smokey eyes for going out.

Everyone should have a set of matte shadows in their collection. These shades here would be flattering on most skintones. I think I paid about $34 for this. Well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I really like this palette. It is fairly basic in terms of shades but the quality of those shadows are very good and the shades are perfect for my brown eyes. I have not always been a fan of Too Faced shadows as I have found them a bit too glittery - too much fall out, etc. I use these shades alone and to blend with other, more bright colors. Good buy for the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Sannakn11

I use this everyday, I love all of the shades! They are super blendable and all very flattering, and I imagine they would be on most skin tones. Too Faced is also cruelty free which is a huge plus!

The shades all work well together, in a row as too faced suggests or mixed as you like.
My favourites are vintage violet ( a cool dusky lavender colour) pebbles (a muted, grey tones olive green) velveteen bunny (a cream white) and chinchilla (a suede light brown).

This really is a great base-matte e/s kit. it has all the shades you need, bar a matte black. A good investment if you're keen to try something new.

For the amount of great product you get, it's totally worth the money! All the eyeshadows are lovely and high quality unlike most palettes which have one or more duds.

Only con is that the packaging is a bit flimsy and if you take it with you alot it doesn't hold out too well.

I definitely recommend this!