November 27, 2014 | 1416 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Matte Eye

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite palette. I found the colors flat, chalky and uninspired. The top row was o.k. for a day look but on me this faded during the day even using primer. The middle row does not look good on me, and the bottom purple shade is the only one that I have hit pan on. (and the pan is so shallow!!) Wasted space! I avoided the white chalky shade and the dark shades: no pigment even when wet. I hated the case. Too heavy and bulky. Do away with the cards and put a mirror or a tray for a brush!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by JreneW

Disappointed. Most of Too Faced Matte eyeshadows do not blend as well as others, such as Urban Decay. The colors also go on patchy and uneven. Even using primer. I love too faced but this is a miss.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lryreviewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This palette was a huge disappointment for me because of the quality of the eyeshadows. I can only describe them as thin and dry in texture. I use Stila, MAC, Urban Decay, and some drugstore eyeshadows (ie Wet and Wild) and they are all ten times more creamy and pigmented. These shadows in this all matte palette blend into nothing when you put them on the eye. I do use the Urban Decay Primer Potion which I know that is not the problem. I cannot get any good looks from this palette. I cannot see this working well for most people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll make this review short, since others have already reviewed the colors in details. I bought this for my wedding makeup, and it suited for that purpose just fine. Here are highlights of my love/hates --

Love
+Great for daytime looks
+Love the variety of colors and that they are all matte

Hate
+I've found the darker shades are not pigmented enough to use as a liner or for a nighttime look The highlighter shades are too chalky to show up at all on my really pale skin
+Hate the bulky packaging. They could have made something a lot slimmer. For something this bulky, they could have included a mirror and a brush.
+While matte, some of the colors fall a little flat

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I THOUGHT I loved this palette. I found them to be pigmented if you're packing on the colours, WITHOUT blending. In fact, they created a very sexy look if you gently pack on colours on your lid.

The 3 big pans of colours (leftmost, lightest colour of its row) are quite ugly. Starting at top: the blonde coffee brown, its pigment is disappointing. Second: matte white?? It's rare to find an easy-to-blend matte white, and this one didn't make the good list. Matte pink -omgosh, it's like a ballerina pink that's too immature for me.

However I LOVED the other colours! As I said, they are amazing if you're packing on the eyeshadow. Once you start blending, HOLY F**** they do NOT blend well! They become patchy, chalky, light, and adding more colours to your blending brush doesn't help as much as you'd like.

So you can imagine how much I hated my look when I chose to use this palette on a last-minute date.

This was actually one of my first palettes when I started buying makeup two years ago. (I am Sephora VIB for a year now mwahaha) And although it's been two years, I haven't been able to love this palette: hard to blend (even harder with primer), the 3 biggest pans are disappointing (I hardly use them! But they're the biggest!!), the other shadows are "just OK" but chalky, NO MIRROR, love the colours but limited looks, and it's $50CAD (tax) for this!

I have returned it. ALSO: I did have instances where my eyes looked very sexy with this palette. As days gone by, I no longer wanted to wear double eyelid tape to bed (and wake up with beautiful, double eyelids) and accepted the beauty of my natural eyes (no matter how they look). I couldn't work this palette on my monolids/small eyelids!

I prefer the Stila - In the Know (all matte), Urban Decay Naked's (very little mattes but amazing quality), the Lorac Pro, and of course NARS single/duos.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Trilliana01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is 44 dollars in the EU and not 36, like in the US, just FYI on why I set the lipstick price rating at 3 lipsticks. This is a great palette - love the matte shades and there's a multitude of looks I haven't even tried yet. The colors are easy to work with and I get great satisfaction from working with this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by carrie79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette works for both day and night and I use all of the shades. I especially like the light brown shade that doubles as brow color - I don't think I'll ever buy another palette without that since it's so convenient.

Somehow, all of these colors match my clothes, too. The brown row is very nice and natural, the middle row looks more dramatic, and the pinky row at the bottom is quite feminine.

I do have to be careful with the middle colors, because if I apply it wrong it can go on heavy in the wrong spot and be hard to blend/remove, so I'm still experimenting to find the right brushes. But it goes on great, nice and velvety, and the liners look awesome when applied with a nice thin liner brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the colors in this palette. It's great for day time smokey looks. Most of the shadows are reasonably pigmented and have good staying power except the purple shade. Which is really disappointing because it's a great color. It just fades way too fast. The brown shades are my most used.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Soft, kinda romantic colors.
It comes with instructions/tips.

Low pigmentation, especially the lighter shades. They vanish rather quickly, even with an eye primer.
The packaging looks a little cheap unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by iheartowls55

This palette is perfect for people who love matte eye looks. I love every single color in this palette. You can create a super natural look or go more dramatic. "Pebbles" is a beautiful blue-gray shade that's pretty unique in my collection. The packaging on this is super cute (although I wish it had a mirror), and comes with helpful tips about how to create different looks, which is great for beginners. If you're lukewarm on shimmers and a lover of mattes, definitely invest in this. It's a great addition to my makeup kit, and it's way worth the money.