April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Spin Air Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

This product has cut my styling time in half -- where normally it takes over an hour to set my (very flat and fine) hair into curlers, this does the same job in roughly 10 minutes, plus it adds extra volume at the roots. You should definitely use it conjunction with a serum/heat protectant -- I've alternated between the Enjoy serum, the Potion No. 9 styling spray, and the Alterna bamboo strand plumping -- the spin brush works well with all of them. Your hair does need to be around 80% dry before you use it -- it's not really a pure hair dryer, more just a styling tool. If you have very short hair (less than chin length) it might not be that effective. Watch some tutorials on YouTube; it might seem a bit awkward at first but it will eventually become second nature.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by ToSirWithLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not terrible at styling my hair. Well... Maybe I am. I have no patience and rely on appliances rather than personal technique. For instance, if I want volume at the crown I'm more likely to reach for Velcro rollers than a round brush and blow dryer. If I want curls I'd rather slap in Caruso steam rollers than fidget with a curling iron.

Thus, the Conair rotating brush fits right into my lifestyle. I can let my hair mostly air dry, then instead of fighting with my dryer and round brushes, I can get blowout results with this gadget--one handed!

I wish it got a little hotter to deal quickly with cowlicks or stubborn waves, but the corollary is that you can keep spinning the brush over stubborn areas until they're beaten into submission, without heat-damaging your hair.

What I really, really, really wish is that they made this with a smaller barrel. This monster is great for long hair, but I recently cut mine to shoulder-length with tons of shorter layers, and this doesn't work so well on the shortest top layers. I'd sell my grandma for a one or 1.5 inch rotating barrel hot air brush.

I initially balked at paying $50 for this, so found it cheaper on eBay and took the plunge. Now that I've had it for a year or so, I'd gladly pay full price if I ever had to replace it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love this product because it gives me a perfect blowout every. single. time. I avoid using a round brush and dryer simply because it's so awkward and I'm klutzy, and it takes me a ridiculously long time to do my hair with round brushes and a blowdryer. This has got to be one of my favorite styling tools. Ever. This tool creates volume and shine, and I can fully style my hair from wet to dry in 15 minutes or less. This styler works best if your hair is about 80% dry before using the styler. The styler's bristles are surprisingly soft, so always use the plastic protector when storing the tool, or the bristles will get bent and won't work so well anymore. I've found that this tool adds a lot of volume and fullness, but you have to work at it a bit (and use more product) to actually get curl. I'd also recommend styling only small sections of hair at a time, as smaller works better for drying and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by megmad

I've used this rotating brush for about three weeks. At first it was wonderful. Once I got past the learning curve my hair looked just how I wanted it to, no frizz, straight with body and a little bit of curl.

After a few weeks of using the brush my hair started to get really frizzy and it didn't seem to straighten as well. I noticed the bristles on the brush were splayed out instead of standing straight. I figured this was my fault because I didn't store the brush with the plastic, purple cover on it. I'm not sure if that's the case or if the bristles are too soft and degrade easily.

I really loved my hair when this brush worked for me. I'm thinking about buying another one and making sure I use the cover and see if that makes a difference. The other option is to look for an alternative. I'm considering a similar product at Sally's buts about 10 dollars more than the Conair. Has anyone else had this problem with the conair?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by MissElaPasion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At the start of this year, I decided to get my hair cut short! For the first time, since I was a child, I had chin-length hair. It was a great change but I had no idea what to do with it! I asked the hair styler who cut my hair what I should do, and he said to use a metallic brush and blow dryer to dry and seal the hair. I just nodded along but there's no way I can hold a hair dryer AND spin a round-brush at the same time!! Any of you ladies have this problem too?

So I did my research... and thank god I stumbled upon this product. After watching what seems every youtube video demo and review I absolutely HAD to have it. When I first used it, I was ecstatic. If you ask my boyfriend, he'll tell you that I was squealing with every section that I dried and styled, because I was LOVING how it turned out. I looked like I had a beautiful salon BLOW-OUT in only 20 Mins. After having used this tool for a month, this is what I've learned about it.

+ PROS:

- It's not too loud. Now, I'm aware that "loud" is a relative term, but I know it's not that loud, because my boyfriend just needs to raise the volume on the tv by a few notches to hear over it. Unlike my hair dryer, he just has to suffer for a few minutes and get an apology after.

- There is a COOL AIR option to seal the hair! Note: The head does not swivel on this option, but I don't think it needs to in order to be effective.

- The swiveling brush really is TANGLE-FREE. At least, I know it is for me (AND MANY of the women who have demo'd the dryer on youtube.) However, your hair can get tangled if you don't use it properly, and I will elaborate more on this in the CONS section below.

- The item includes a nifty cover for the brush-head. It's made out of durable plastic and really protects the bristles from bending or scratching.

- Ease of use! In the past month, I have learned to use this thing with my eyes closed.

- It has a Ceramic plate! I am a firm believer in the power of negative ions to protect hair follicles and seal in moisture. If you haven't learned about the science, I urge you to look it up. You'll appreciate this tool even more.

+ CONS:

- Although, the bristle head brush IS tangle-free, if used improperly your hair can get tangled! If you try grab too much hair on the swiveling brush, then the 'overflow' of hair can get twisted around and get stuck. It took me a little while to figure out why this kept happening, but once I learned about that issue, the rest was GRAVY. :)

- The tool itself is pretty big. DO NOT be alarmed at how large this tool is. I don't believe the technology exists yet that would allow this tool to be smaller and perform as well as it does. At least, not for the current price of this tool. Besides, the bigger tool does allow for more hair to be wrapped around the brush at a time. So in this case, the ergonomics of the design works for you, not against you. Even though, it's a long and big, it's surprisingly NOT HEAVY at all and will be really easy to use.

[[ FINAL THOUGHTS ]]

I love, love, love this tool! It may sound corny and over-the-top, but it really has changed my lifestyle for the better. I mean... In LESS THAN HALF the time it would take for me to TRY and use a dryer and brush, I can have a salon-style, blow-out with lifted roots and bouncy volume and shine. The price may seem pretty hefty, but my new look is PRICELESS. .... And the time you'll save will be priceless too.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe I waited this long to try this styler but I'm so glad that I finally did. I have a LOT of hair and it's thick and pin straight and extremely resistant to heat styling. Before trying this, I always loved how my hair looked after the salon but was too lazy to use a round brush and dryer to achieve the same look.

This product was very easy to use- all I did was clip up the top half of my hair and dry small sections of my hair at a time. It does take a bit of trial and error to learn how to use the buttons... I didn't experience any tangling but if you have curly hair, be careful. (Just look at the way the brush spins before you start spinning it through your hair to make sure it's going in the right direction.) The trick is to pull the spinning brush through your hair and just the right speed so that the spinning doesn't tangle your hair. Once you get it, it's really simple.

Drying my hair was so quick and easy and the finished result looks so smooth, like I had it blown out. I even got the ends of my hair to curl a bit- which NEVER happens with my pin straight hair. Love love LOVE THIS STYLER!!!! I'll be using this every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd been eyeing this brush for some time and finally bought it yesterday at Target as a Christmas present to myself. I used it for the first time this morning after showering and the result was awesome right away, even though my hair was more than 50% wet when I started because I never read the directions. My hair is chin length, very thick, highlighted and I can't believe how healthy and glossy it looks. As if I'd had it done at the salon. Another positive is that it took me less than 10 minutes to dry my whole head, an all-time record.

Yes, the brush is bigger than I would have preferred, 2" is big for chin length layered hair, but this is a keeper! Especially for someone who was never able to do the hand-held blow-dryer and round brush thing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by thepersuasion

My hair does not take very long to dry so I was able to use it when my hair was 50% dried.The tool is not very heavy and I manage to use it with one hand. The best thing about this product is I can basically get a blowout from my home everyday! The cons: I think this product works BEST if you have long, fine, layered hair. I have blended layers throughout my long hair with shorter layers on top (to provide volume). My thicker haired friends indicate they have to dry their hair and they receive better results using a curling iron or straightener afterwards. My tip: if you have have long fine hair with layers and you're looking for some lift and shine, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by underoos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I just bought this and have used it once... these are my initial thoughts after the one use.

1) I don't know how many times I needed to read that my hair should be at least 80% dry before using, but I guess it's more than 500. I read a ton of reviews here and on Amazon making it VERY VERY CLEAR my hair should be seriously almost dry before using this, but I went ahead and used it on my 50% dry hair anyway. No negative result, it just took probably double the time to get my hair done than if I'd, you know, followed repeated instructions.

2) I didn't find this tool particularly heavy, and I was able to easily manipulate it with one hand. I did find, though, that in order to get enough tension on the hair strand to get it nice and smooth, I sometimes had to hold the tool with both hands. I had it on the "high" setting, and often I wasn't strong enough with one hand to keep the brush from twirling all the way into my scalp. I have a ton of hair, though, and it's halfway down my back, so that might have been why. FYI: If you hold the spin button down too long or it "gets away from you" and spins down to your scalp, ther isn't an automatic shutoff feature. You need to let go of the spin button. This may seem like a no-brainer, but several times I "overspun" into my roots and went "AGHHHHHH!" for a split-second before I remembered to let go.

3) It's almost impossible to tangle your hair with this. If anyone should've ended up with a giant rat's nest it's me, and I didn't at all. Not even a little bit. Having said that, you want to keep the sections of hair you're working on no wider than 2", for real. I got sloppy and tried to use wider sections, and my hair ended up getting caught in the endcap of the brush, and that snags like hell. It's not like a regular round brush where any extra hair just harmlessly falls over the edge of the brush, no; your extra hair strands will wind up in the end grove of the brush and get pulled out. I made this mistake maybe 2 or 3 times and lost 2 or 3 hairs so it's not a catastrophe, but it's easily avoided. Just use smaller sections.

4) I also wasted a lot of time using this on the bottom layers of my hair. It's all one length under there and I can just as easily get it smooth with a paddle brush and a hair dryer, so next time I'll just use this brush on the top layers of my hair (long layers) and save myself a lot of time.

5) Ordinarily I use a round brush and a blow dryer to blow my hair smooth (badly, it never works out), and then I hot roll it to add volume and a little bounce. Using this brush (and no additional round brushing or hot rollers) took about the same amount of time, but looks twice as good. It REALLY DOES look like I just left my stylist, it's that smooth and shiny. I've never been able to achieve this level of smoothness before with ANYthing-- not multiple round brushes, not rollers, not flat irons, not the In-Styler, nothing. I need to work on getting more volume by holding it at the roots, but that's just me needing to practice.

All in all, I'm really happy with this brush. There is a little bit of a learning curve to get used to it, but I found it easy enough and not intimidating at all right out of the box, and I'm excited to play around with it to see what else I can do!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Kaspasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are definitely a few flaws with this product. I think the bristles are a bit too soft and I have to lightly hold my hand over the brush when Iím working on the top to get the brush to grab my hair but I think the reason the leave the bristle soft is so they donít tangle in the hair, itís the only explanation I can think of. I also wish they would come out with a 1 Ĺ inch barrel which I think would also help with the hair on the top. Over all I like it. I paid about $30 for it on Amazon and it is not worth more than $40! One other comment, I have I read so many reviews about this product on several different sites where people are complaining that this brush doesnít dry your hair. THIS IS A STYLING PRODUCT IT ISNíT MEANT TO BE USED ON SOAKING WET HAIR! Even if you are drying your hair with a blow dryer and a brush you should remove about 80% of the moisture before you start styling with the brush. This is the way professional hair stylist finish hair and itís one of the reasons your hair always looks better when you have it dried professionally. If you start styling soaking wet hair with a blow dryer and brush, a spin brush the hair will not get completely dry and that will make it frizz and lose its shape. Please remember, THIS IS A STYLING PRODUCT SO YOU MUST DRY HAIR 80% BEFORE YOU START STYLING FOR A GOOD RESULT! I guarantee if you dry your hair 80% or wait until it air dries to a damp state you will get great result. Good Luck!