Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour

4.7

on 7/23/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Laura Merciers Caviar Stick eyeshadow/liners are wonderfully versatile. I had heard a lot of good things about them on the boards and never tried them until now. They are buttery soft, well pigments, and apply easily. The smooth long wearing formula is great for both dry and oily skin types. The texture is very smooth similar to that of a cream liner, but in pen form making them a great choice for the waterline. I have the shade Seashell which is an off white with gold shimmer, perfect for a brow bone highlighter or brightening up the inner corner of the eye. Lasted all day on me without smearing, fading, migrating, or flaking. I would repurchase and have my eye on several shades.

on 7/11/2015 7:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Best eyeliner for the lower waterline that I've tried...hands down! And I've tried them all, gels, waterproof pencils, etc. You'd think the LM Caviar Stick will be too thick for the lower waterline, but try and you'll see that it works perfectly. You also can apply it a liner brush, but I do it right out of the tube. You'll have a moment to blend and then it sets and doesn't budge. I'd be broken-hearted if Laura discontinued because it's my HG lower liner.

on 7/11/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This stuff is the truth . I have the color plum which is your typical deep purple/ plum. I am in owe of how far cream type eye shadows have come, BACK IN MY DAY cream shadows were the worst, you would put it on and ten minutes later it was gone. I don't even know, is this stuff a cream? Whatever it is, you need to get it. I sampled it on my hand and when I tried to wash it off it wouldn't come off that's when I know LM wasn't playing around. I can't wait to get more colors.

on 5/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

I use this as an eyeliner pencil for a soft smudgy line. It dries really quickly and once it sets, it won't budge! So the darker colours are tricky to use as an all over eyeshadow. You need to work REALLY quickly with the product otherwise it's glued to the lid (in a good way) and you won't be able to blend it any further. Lighter colours are more forgiving as an eyeshadow but dark colours are GORGEOUS when used as a soft, smudged eyeliner.

on 4/10/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in smoke and I am planning a trip back to the laura mercier counter to pick up other colors. It's goof proof to use, it blends easily, the color pay off is amazing. I've long resisted LMs products (not sure why) but recently I've been hitting a gold mine with certain items.

Smoke is a great day time smokey look, you can go dark or light and it's just beautiful.

on 2/14/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a cream eyeshadow addict and this one is absolutely lovely. I have the shade "Rose Gold", which is a subtly shimmery pale gold with warm tones to it (although on the eye it really just translates as a pale gold). It goes onto the eye sheer, but can be built up to a semi-opaque coverage. The finish isn't that of a typical cream eyeshadow, but sets kind of like a powder. The formula goes onto the eye like butter, it is so smooth, and because of this it is one of the most blendable eyeshadows in any formula I have come across. The staying power is really nice too. It lasts all day on me (although most products do), but I can see some people maybe needing to use a primer with it. I love this eyeshadow because you can wear it in a multitude of ways, which I do. The finish allows for me to blend a powder into the crease without anything looking awkward. I also like to use it underneath powder eyeshadows I'm not quite happy with. Also, I just like to use it by itself. I just wish the line came in more finishes (shimmery, matte, glittery) because that would really complete things. It's a great product and I recommend it to everyone. I think everyone will be happy with it.

on 1/26/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product on those days that I don't really have time to do my eyemakeup. I swipe this thick pencil over my lids and I'm out the door. It stays on really well with a primer underneath. Gives you that instant "smoky" eye effect. It is very pricey but I havent been able to find another product quite like it.

on 1/8/2015 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Splurged and bought 2 of these based on MUA reviews. (Rose Gold and Grey Pearl) I have hooded eyes and dry skin. I've been smokey eye challenged until I tried these. So easy to use. I put the product directly on my finger first and use my finger to lightly apply to my lid and crease. Then I use the product on it's edge to line my lower lash line. After the lid sets, I add a second coat in the outer corner and lightly line my lash line with a grey pencil. Very simple and lasts all day. I don't use a primer, but I don't have oily lids either. Want to buy amethyst next. These are amazing!

on 1/4/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cream eyeshadow product I have ever tried. The colors are beautiful, they blend well amongst powders and other creams. No complaints. Amazing product!

on 1/3/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If any of you can still spot the limited edition set for these sticks (whether it's the 6 pieces or quartet set),grab it and head to the cashier NOW. This is the one set that has made me send my urban decay naked palettes into semi-retirement,it's that crazy. I picked it up based on Temptalia's recommendation and have not looked back since.

Pros:
+Super creamy
+Very easy to apply; just 'scribble' on eyelid and blend (I use Sigma E40 from my Bunny travel kit)
+Highly blendable, especially for darker colors.
+After it sets, refuses to budge
+Very portable,I can grab a bunch and throw it onto a cosmetic case for travelling
+Lovely colors
+Long-lasting

Cons:
-Regular priced ones are hella ex in my country!
-Takes a bit of time to set : this can be a pro or a con (gives u time to blend,but u must resist blinking too much to prevent fallout. Nothing crazy that a little loose powder under the eyes can't fix though!)

About the colors- this is what makes me think the set is a must-buy- here they are:

1) Rosegold: light pinky beige. Perfect for inner-corner highlight
2) Moonlight: light taupe. Good for day look allover lid color
3) Amethyst: based on so many reviews here on this color I had really high hopes for this one. Abit disappointed it doesn't show a touch of mauve/ violet on me, more like a darker taupe color. Still nice though.
4) Copper: this is the surprise favorite for me! Its a lovely gold on my warm (NC25-30) skin. I've been using it as overall lid color or in the middle eyelids for a warm smokey look
5) Khaki: surprisingly wearable khaki green
6) Cocoa: another favorite,perfect for warm smokey eye look. Dark brown.

All the colors stated have shimmer - slight shimmer that doesn't show up much for khaki and cocoa, more obvious shimmer for the rest.

In summary: this product is great. So great that I'm afraid for my wallet when I run out,I know I'll be grabbing at least a couple of colors in full size.