December 20, 2014 | 831 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by stls

I find Doll Lashes to be a great daytime mascara.
Makes my thin blonde lashes look dark, longer the curve holds pretty well throughout the day. My favourite aspect is that lashes are kept soft and feathery as well, never crunchy or brittle. It doesn't clump. No major volumising here but I find it gives the perfect amount of drama for regular days.
The negative aspect is that it will start running down with a single drop of water.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I love super long fake looking lashes. A coworker of mine used to use this and one of my friends used the regular hypnosis, so she eventually talked me into buying this. I don't normally put mascara on my bottom lashes unless it's waterproof because I find smudges under my eyes, so I never had any problems with that with any other mascara. However with this, after a few hours I find flakes under my eyes even though I haven't applied any mascara there, I find smudges and my eyes are irritated. It provides length but not much volume, I was not impressed. I'm using my favourite mascara again which is the maybelline falsies in the regular formula on the top, and waterproof on the bottom with no problems. that mascara is way cheaper and gives me better results. So disappointed considering how expensive this mascara is :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Vanille9

I love the packaging and brush of this mascara. The effect is amazing and my lashes look just perfect. It lasts whole day and the lashes arent clumpy. But I feel like it causes irritation on my eyes. My eyes are itching and full of tears after I use it. This is the reason why I wont buy it again. I dont have it for long time, so I should keep using it for more times and if I find out that the irritation is not caused by this mascara, I will edit this review and give it more points, because the effect is really lovely. Lashes look long and curled. Really like doll lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite mascara. The best one

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I truly loved this mascara at first. it looks very natural on the lashes while they are still pop-up quite a bit. But after just a few hours it started to flake. Major disappointment. For the price and brand name I do expect way longer staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

Im never sure with mascaras if perhaps I got a bad tube but overall this was a disappointment, I've used regular Hypnose before and liked it fairly well but this didn't seem to do what is claims and I have long lashes that hold curl well. This did nothing to separate and fan out the lashes, nor did it curl. Plus it flaked a little bit, I like the brush shape because it is easy to get to all the lashes though. Overall this is a very average mascara with a big price tag. In my opinion, Dior mascaras or Hypnose are the best if you are willing to lay top dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by robbin11293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted this to do what it claimed, but there were no "doll lash" like effects. After two hours the product began to flake black pieces on to the apples of my cheeks. For $20 some odd dollars, you'd think the mascara would at least be able to hold up well. The packaging is awkward and bulky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

My top faves are inimitable by chanel and DiorShow by dior, but this comes in close at second because of how great it is. Perfectly light and "doll like" just like it's ed. Creates. Princess like, fanned out look that is light enough to define and smooth and dark enough to add curl and volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like it, nice brush , dispenses just enough product, thickens, lengthens, not to the point where my lashes look fantastic, but it does a good job..it isn't dry, doesn't clump either...very nice!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

Sigh. Lancome mascaras are so popular and revered, but I've yet to find one that is HG material for me. I was intrigued by Doll Lashes after seeing it featured in one of Monika Blunder's YT videos, as well as in some makeup looks that Lancome artist Shehla Sheikh had done.

About my lashes: I have typical Asian lashes, so they are short,thin, sparse, and straight. I don't typically go for an over-the-top look, but what I do look for in a mascara is something that will give a good amount of length and volume while holding a curl. Should be simple, right???

COLOR: The color of Doll Lashes is a deep, dark black, which is great.
BRUSH: The cone-shaped brush was ok at getting into the inner corners, but the wide part didn't really "lift" the outer lashes as much as I'd like, and seemed almost to make it more difficult to apply because I kept getting mascara on my eyelids.
VOLUME: Gave a decent amount of volume after 2 coats.
LENGTH: No length whatsoever.
CURL/LIFT: Did not hold the curl on my lashes.
OTHER: It did leave my lashes soft and not crunchy, which I appreciated. Also, decent to remove with makeup remover at night.

Overall, for the price, I would much rather invest in a Dior, YSL or Chanel mascara. continued >>