August 27, 2014 | 963 users online

Toners - Alba Botanica - Acnedote Deep Cleaning Astringent

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirlLover1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I feel the same way about this product as I do with their Deep Pore Face Wash. It's helped with my acne & scars. It's makes my skin feel clean & fresh. It smells like mint & it has lasted me a LONG time.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by voodooochild

I was looking to buy a cheaper brand of skincare and I suffer from acne, so I bought this, the deep pore face wash, and the moisturizer. I had the facewash about a month before I got this and I wasn't having any problems so I decided to buy the rest of the set. This astringent had a really tingly feeling, kind of burned but nothing too painful. My skin felt really oily whenever I used it and I noticed I was getting more small bumps but I decided to give it more time to let my skin get used to it. I used it for about 3 months and my skin just got worse and worse. I finally stopped using it about a week ago because I had started to get a bunch of painful cystic acne all over my face, which has never happened to me before. Since I started using my old skincare products again, my skin has cleared up right away so I know it must have been this. I had used the moisturizer previously and while it wasn't very moisturizing, it never made me break out like this. So while it might work for some people, it definitely didn't for me and has left me with a lot of dark marks on my face that are going to take a while to heal. However, the face wash is great and I'll still be using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by m_a_a_n

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first heard about this through Annie Jaffrey, who has amazing skin, (http://www.anniejaffrey.com/2013/03/favorite-skin-care-products.html) then I saw this line at our Healthy Options. Since it's affordable, I decided to try it out.

My oily skin works well with Salicylic acid, and since this has 2% of SA as an active ingredient, it really is effective with the micro-exfoliation. It stings a bit, but I like it that way, makes me feel that it's doing its thing. I use this with a cotton ball, and the skin on my fingers tend to peel when I use it frequently. I don't use it every day though because I feel it's too strong, and the peeling on my face is more obvious...but mixing it with witch hazel sounds like a good idea, I might try that soon.

Packaging sucks since there's no stopper or "funnel" on the device. Overall, I really really like this and will continue on purchasing this. I'm already at my third bottle as of this date.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by marijo87

Im 25 and Ive had a bad breakout for the past 5 months until I started using this product along with burt bees's exfoliator at nights and alba botanica's cleanser every morning. I kinda like the feeling you get when you put it on your face.. the only think that I didnt like is that it dried my cheeks really bad BUT I started to use mosturizing in that area and it works well.. however it doesnt do much for oily T zone.. still, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by DietmountainDew

This toner is heaven sent!! I bought the whole set and now it is gradually clearing my acne. Ive been using it almost a week now, what i notice is that it gives me micro peeling and my small pimples are starting to flatten.It stings when i apply it but im used to it cause ive done chemical peels (glycolic peel) before. What i dont like about it is the bottle, it doesnt have a stopper to control the flow of the toner everytime im using it. Hope this set will really clear my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by AngelJayy

My skin is acne prone, and since I just had a baby m hormones have been seriously running high. So when I got a small breakout I thought it was no big deal. Then it randomly got worse... Much worse. So I dug into my box of treatment products I had from high school (all 2-3 years old.) I ran across this, which had never been used. So I thought, why not. It stings, no doubt about it. I bought it because it's got the highest amount of the acid it contains that it can have (2%) plus it has a high level of alcohol. I want the acne gone and I am not wanting to take baby steps. If you have sensitive skin or your breakout is just a couple of pustles... I reccomend something less strong. This stuff is just on it as soon as you put it on your skin. It stings, it's a little strong smelling (which is to be expected though not desirable,) and my skin feels tight and not sticky... Sticky is everyone else's word but I would say it's just less slick... You have more friction than you did when your face was simply washed after you've applied it. That's okay with me though because I don't want my face slick, slick equals oil. I can see why a lot of people are using the word sticky though. So yes it burns a bit and it's a bit "sticky" if that's what you want to call it... but it seems to be preventing new pustles and bringing those I have to their end stages so they'll go away. (This may be why some people are saying they are havning breakouts, it's bringing those small ones to the surface so they can be eliminated that already existed but were less noticable.) I would probably buy again. If I have another bad break out...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this astringent. The ingredients in it are great & more natural than other toners. Yes, it does feel a bit strong, but my skin isn't too sensitive. Really helps with my super oily skin & blackheads! helps quite a bit with my acne as well. Howdever, the packaging sucks. Please don't be stupid & use this if you have dry skin....duh lol

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

This product isn't for everyone, as it can be a bit harsh by stinging or drying out.

My skin is combination. I'm prone to acne, but it also gets flaky.

First off - I find this product to be too strong alone, I add about 1 part witch hazel to 3 parts toner. It really takes the edge off the sting (the nose/chin area is most sensitive for me), but it still deeply cleans oil, residue, and makeup.

I don't use it daily though, only 2-4 times a week, if even that.

It feels a little sticky, so I recommend using it only at night. I let it dry for 5min, then dab on Burt's Bees Blemish Stick anywhere I have pimples (this stuff is pretty strong too, so if my skin is still stinging from the toner, I skip it). Once that's completely dried/absorbed, then I add my vitamin A retinal cream or I massage a few drops of jojoba oil into my skin. My face has an even glowing tone by morning.

I still have yet to find a product that will completely disintegrate my black needle points on my nose/chin (I've tried EVERYTHING! Lemon/honey, baking soda, DIY pore strips, spot-treatments, I'm still searching for something to make my nose be free of those little black buggers!), but this combination helps to tighten pores without over drying, and it at least decreases the look of the needlepoints by about 40-50%

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by dejena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This toner is fantastic at getting every last trace of makeup off my face. If someone has oily skin, I would recommend this to them in a heartbeat. In fact, my skin up until a year ago was that way. And it worked great on my skin last year!

Now, on my newly changed dry skin, it has a very strong chemical burning sensation. Either my skin has turned sensitive, or it's an allergic reaction. Immediately I had to rinse my face with cold water, and slather on my most hydrating and calming face mask for an hour. The first thirty minutes my face was still burning, and the last thirty minutes spent trying to repair the damage.

Three lippies, because it did work when my skin was an oil slick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may not be for everyone, sure it has alcohol in it, but my skin has changed since hitting 30 and this stuff has worked really well for me. It stings a little around my nose when I use this, but works very well by getting extra dirt and oil my cleanser has left behind. I use the same brand of face wash and works wonders for me! If you have super sensitive skin, this may not be for you.