October 30, 2014 | 990 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis LE-- Graphite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Color: Oxidized silver/ gunmetal dark pewter with silver sparkles and GOLD SHIMMER. tons of gold shimmer

Applies: very easy/forgiving formula, 1 coat to make opaque

I just don't understand how a dark grey toned nail polish could be so AMAZING. I'm not the type of person who likes dark grey nailpolishes. However this is seriously a stunning shade. How could a shade like this work? It not only works but is gorgeous.

this is a unique and hard to duplicate shade. I would suggest everyone buy this even though it costs $20. It's special and worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by absolia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really pretty. Presents as a silver, but in the right natural light, you can see the subtle golden/champagne tone of it as well. Sadly, it's too subtle and chips SO easily, so I can't give it a perfect 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Definitely one of my favorite Chanel polishes. It's silvery, but more rich and complex of course, as all Chanel polishes are. I generally loathe glittery polishes, but this just works. It's also long-lasting, as the glitter actually lasts longer. According to my manicurist it's also harder to remove, which makes sense. It's sexy and fun. Perfect for the office or a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by missymisst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love My Private Jet as a neutral for everything, but that is not a summer color for me; I have been wearing Designer Da Better for a lighter summer neutral. However, DDB shows up with a strong lilac tint against my skin so I was looking for something that was more of a pewter-toned metallic that would be versatile for my everyday pedi wear.

In searching the boards I came across Graphite and thought it looked and sounded beautiful but thought "TWENTY-SIX dollars? Are you #?*! kidding me????" But I couldn't find anything more like what I wanted in swatches. Long story short I took the dive.

The pictures online give a great idea of the depth of the color and the sheen in indoor light, but do not do this beauty justice in the sunlight. In outdoor, direct light, the finish of the polish has a luxe, special fire which I can picture on Coco Chanel's original customers sunning along the Riviera or on the deck of a cruise ship to the Mediterranean. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it. I wish I HAD seen something exactly like it that cost twenty dollars less. So far, no luck.

If you think you are interested, you can swatch a nail at any Chanel counter-do a couple of coats and take yourself outside to judge whether you think it is worth the extra $$$. As it turns out, I do :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by metalmynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know what I can say about Graphite that hasn't already been said, but I love it so much I purchased a backup - which, at $25usd a bottle, means I really love it! I only need two coats to be opaque, and best of all, if it does chip, you can just slop some more polish on top of the chip to cover without worrying if you can see the line. This would be gorgeous for a wedding or party, but is also neutral enough to be totally work appropriate. Wish Chanel would make this a permanent addition to their nail polish line!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Looks gorgeous in the bottle and just as lovely applied. This is my foolproof go to nail polish. It's the easiest to apply and the formulation masks any ridges or bumps my nails may have. The color is a charcoal silver with multifaceted micro glitter that flashes silver, gold, and even a touch of green to my eye. It's a showy and beautiful polish, but not over the top at all. This is now the front runner for my wedding day manicure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A nice metallic silver, with flecks of gold rather than being straight silver. It is quite glittery, and depending on how you apply polish, you may need several coats.

I picked this up on a whim after hearing about it on the boards, in duty free, and I didn't have a base or top coat (gasp) for once in my life. Usually polishes last for a week or two without chipping when I'm at home, but surprisingly, without any base or topcoat, this hasn't chipped on me at all for the week I've been travelling around and lugging around bags and whatnot.

Quite impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has to be my favorite nail color from every brand in the world! It looks so nice - its grey in normal lightning but at the same time its still very glittery. I just love it! I have been wearing at every party since I got it for christmas. Amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by dbfivegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this the other day. Chanel polishes retail for AUS$39 (about US$42) so not cheap. In fairness to the product I've only tried this once so far. Plus I used a Sally Hansen treatment as a base coat which may have been the issue because the manicure bubbled and then began to chip by the next morning. So lesson there is stick to a decent, purpose made base coat. But I absolutely love the colour. I'm a lawyer and previously I'd have never thought a dark silver grey a work appropriate colour but this I would have no difficulty wearing to work. There's something light about it. Just love the bling factor and it suits my fairly pale skin tone. The formula is very thin and it is very translucent first coat. It took three coats to get the colour I wanted but because its thin that many coats doesn't pose a problem - it seems to dry very quickly. So the four rating is for the price and the lack of staying power however as I've said, I suspect that that was down to my choice of base coat. Will see what next application brings, but assuming that the bubbling and flaking was down the Graphite I'd definitely buy again. It's a classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by embellishednails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love everything about this polish. OK- maybe not the price, but that's what you should expect with Chanel. To me, the price tag is worth it. This polish stayed chip-free for days and applied like a dream. I layered it under OPI Rainbow Connection for New Year's Eve and got a ton of compliments. If you don't already have this, you need it.