L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes - waterproof

3.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium Edta, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Ethylparaben, Pvp, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Soluble Collagen, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain [+/- CI 77266/Black 2], FIL D45782/2.

on 2/12/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always been quite the mascara junkie and this is by far my favorite mascara I have tried! I naturally have extremely long, but very straight and thin lashes, so when I look for a mascara it is very important that it separates, adds volume and holds a curl and that is exactly what this mascara does! It isn't necasarilly the most voluminous, but you can add as many coats to get the volume you want without it every getting clumpy! Even though this is volumizing, I love love love super dramatic, thick, long lashes, so I normally add Maybelline Turbo Boost in wp on top of this for that extra oomph, but that is just a personal preference. Anyway, this mascara is a great buy and shouldn't disappoint if you know what to expect from it.

on 2/8/2015 11:37:00 PM

This brush is large, so as you are applying, take care as to not touch the eye *ouch* as I did.

I usually wear the Carbon Black Voluminous, which is my all time fav.

The Million Lashes in the gold tube is a no-go for me. I find initially it wants to go on nicely and does separate, bu then quickly starts to clump. Maybe I got a bad tube, but I'm not willing to try again. The brush applicator should be much narrower.

on 2/8/2015 7:05:00 AM

I love this mascara it doesn't clump it looks natural but still has a nice big impact completely waterproof and I just love it!😃

on 2/2/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is probably the best waterproof mascara I've found, period. Let's just do a pro and con list.

ME: Very oily. I have to use budge-proof eyeliner (mac liquidlast or milani everlast..thank goodness they exist). I used to be happy with maybelline full and soft waterproof, but I can't find it in Canada anymore.

PROS:
- No smudging or flaking (tested this in a makeout session too...;) )
- Holds a curl very well
- Stays on
- Natural looking (a con for some people I'm sure)
- Relatively cheap

CONS:
- Not as dramatic as some mascaras, though it can be built
- Starts clumping if you layer it and layer it (but a few swipes from tweezerman's lash comb and you're good to go)

REMOVAL:
This should be common knowledge by now, but any waterproof makeup is easy to remove with mineral oil (personal favourite) or olive oil, coconut oil, etc.

Repurchasing forever.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lengthens and thickens my lashes without being to clumpy.Never flakes or smudges and always holds a curl. One of my favorite mascaras!!

on 1/8/2015 1:40:00 PM

I have VERY long eyelashes. Most mascaras make my eyelashes stick together and look like tarantula legs. This is my Holy Grail mascara. My eyelashes never clump together and it adds just the right amount of volume. You can individually see each eyelash. It keeps my eyelashes looking like eyelashes and not spider legs.

on 1/7/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

this Mascara is one of the best!! it volumizes and makes my lashes 2x longer than my normal lashes. although i hate the price, it never flakes or becomes clumpy when i apply it the first couple of times. This is one of the waterproof mascaras from the L'oreal voluminous line that i will buy again due to my eye allergies!

on 10/15/2014 6:24:00 AM

I had this in the washable formula and the waterproof is just as nice! Lenghtens, volumizes, defines.... what do you want more? I find the packaging really fancy as well as the scent (atleast of the original) - smells like flowers!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you need length, this might not be the one for you, but if you have naturally long lashes this is great. My drugstore holy grail mascara! Adds some volume (still looks natural) and separates. Great mascara for pairing, too.

Reminds me of Benefit They're Real, which is my favorite mascara.

on 8/20/2014 12:13:00 AM

I had the same experience as reviewer Angelixia. I have shorter to medium length lashes and this mascara didn't really add much to my normal lashes, at least not with just two coats. For me, at least, it isn't really worth having to apply and remove for the small effect this mascara had on my lashes.