October 2, 2014 | 938 users online

Deodorants - Mitchum Advanced Control

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by cici13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This deodorant used to be HG status until they changed their formula to include hydrogen peroxide which is supposed to help eliminate odor better. That wasn't the case for me. When I received my new tube with this formula change I would smell rancid within a few hours. The old formula would keep me smelling fresh while camping for a day and a half without reapplying. It still works wonderfully as an antiperspirant since it has 20% aluminum in it, the same as clinical antiperspirants for half the price. But as I've come to realize smelling fresh is more important to me than being bone dry. I'm currently using Donna Karan Cashmere Mist deodorant/antiperspirant and I love it. Maybe my body got used to the Mitchum and needed a change or my body chemistry really just doesn't mix well with hydrogen peroxide. I will probably revisit it again after I run out of DKCM since I have practically two full tubes left and see if it still gives me the odor issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this deodorant! I was in need of a new deodorant and decided to base my next one on the reviews on here. I'm glad I did. This deodorant keeps me feeling clean and smelling good throughout the day. I purchased the powder scent, I believe and I love it. It's not too overpowering. I really love that I don't have white deodorant stains on my clothes after use.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by QueenOfBeez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always had a problem with sweating underarms and i hated it a lot, so one day i asked my cousin about if she also had the same problem as me and she said that she used to, before she started using Mitchum. I asked her about it, she said that it is amazing and that it kept her dry all day long, and thank God she said that she had an extra bottle of it. She gave to me to try it out. I tried it, and it is SUPER. I always thought that i was gonna be stuck with sweating forever. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by KellyBellySeliga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it. smells good, doesnt feel like youre wearing deodorant. Hate the roll-on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

my gmom uses this and i have a few times. it works great i just dont like the wet feelin of this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the solid stick form at Walmart. I have to constantly switch up my deodorants and currently switch between the Mitchum Advanced Control, the Mitchum Power Gel, and Old Spice deodorants. The Mitchum keeps me dry, smells decent, and keeps me smelling fresh throughout the day. I like it a tad more than the power gel formula in the Mitchum line. I will have to test it out during the summer months to see if it's a winner, but so far I really like it and it doesn't stain my clothing which is a huge plus. It is not irritating on the skin but the scent is a bit strong at times. I would re-purchase because it is effective and affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I bought this at Walgreens on sale for $2. It has 20% aluminum zirconium in it which is a prescription amount, and I normally use Secret deodorants which have 18%. It smells really fresh and not as strong as Secret deodorants. It kept my underarms dry which is pretty impressive, and by the end of the day they smelled nice too. I took a lippie off because it has a gritty coarse texture that made it uncomfortable to apply on the sensitive skin of my underarms. Other than that I think this product is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ambernicole1986

I found this deodorant on a whim. I had always bought Secret, Dove, and Degree clinical strength formulas. However, after using these products for a few years, I began to realize that they just weren't doing the job. Considering that I was paying double what I would pay for a regular strength deodorant, I expect them to do their job and do it well. While I was at the drugstore, I began to compare the ingredients list to different brands of deodorant that I hadn't tried before. I decided on the Mitchum Power Gel formula. After using that product for a few weeks, it did an okay job. I'd say that it worked just as well as the other brands at a portion of the cost, however I hated the texture of the gel formula because it had a tendency of sliding off if I didn't wait for it to completely dry. So I decided to try and find a solid formula on my next trip to the drugstore. After going to Walmart, Target, and Rite Aid with no luck, I finally found the solid version at Walgreens (the only place that seems to carry it in this formula) and have never looked back again. This seriously keeps me dry ALL DAY. And I live in Louisiana where summer days are generally 100 degrees with very very high humidity (i'm talking dripping, sweaty, sticky weather), so I can truly say that this stuff works. In addition to keeping me dry, this is the only deodorant that has every kept the smell of BO at bay all day without reapplication. This is seriously the best deodorant I have ever used, hands down. Don't fall for the flashy marketing ads and different scents that are available in popular brands like Secret, Dove and Degree, because yes, that makes them more appealing to the buyer, but I would rather pay for this at $3.79 a stick rather than $8-9 for the others, when this works SO much better. Just try it, seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by athena2112

Love this! Been using it off and on for a few years now, sometimes I also use the Arrid Clear Gel Deodorant as well. This stuff works great, smells good, and is pretty inexpensive. I was using Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant after my regular Secret stopped working so well (I used Secret for years and years! then all of a sudden it stopped working, I was sweating horribly and I smelled awful! I even started using my DH's Right Guard at one point, lol.) Finally one day I got tired of spending $10 for a small stick of deodorant so I compared the ingredients of the clinical deodorants to some of the other brands at the drugstore and this was one of the ones that had comparable ingredients. Please don't waste your hard-earned $ on those pricey "clinical strength" deodorants and give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by NayganF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best out there. After having my baby I found that Dove and Degree were not cutting it since my hormones changed a bit. This deodorant smells great but not overpowering and stays on long! Leaves undrearms feeling smooth as well.