Mitchum Advanced Control

4.7

on 2/6/2015 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the Pure Fresh scent. Though I'm not the biggest fan of the scent, im not letting that influence my review of the product itself.

I bought this on Sale at Walgreens. I had remember reading of someone loving this and I thought I'd give it a shot. To enhance the antiperspirant-ness of this, I make sure to apply at night, after a shower and then once again in the morning.

I've noticed a significant reduction in the amount of sweat I produce. And there are days that I forget to apply in the mornings, but I don't really dwell because im confident I won't produce any gross odors.

The next time that I purchase this, I will make sure to try a different scent. I previously used Degree's Cool breeze (I love the way that smells!!), so I'll try to find something similar to that.

on 10/19/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff really works! I had to replace my favorite, discontinued Secret antiperspirant and picked this one based on the reviews here. This one is a winner. It leaves a bit of white residue on my clothing but the important thing is that it gets the job done. I like the Pure Fresh scent, which is a pretty light scent that is neither floral or masculine.

on 8/15/2014 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This deodorant used to be HG status until they changed their formula to include hydrogen peroxide which is supposed to help eliminate odor better. That wasn't the case for me. When I received my new tube with this formula change I would smell rancid within a few hours. The old formula would keep me smelling fresh while camping for a day and a half without reapplying. It still works wonderfully as an antiperspirant since it has 20% aluminum in it, the same as clinical antiperspirants for half the price. But as I've come to realize smelling fresh is more important to me than being bone dry. I'm currently using Donna Karan Cashmere Mist deodorant/antiperspirant and I love it. Maybe my body got used to the Mitchum and needed a change or my body chemistry really just doesn't mix well with hydrogen peroxide. I will probably revisit it again after I run out of DKCM since I have practically two full tubes left and see if it still gives me the odor issue.

on 3/6/2014 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this deodorant! I was in need of a new deodorant and decided to base my next one on the reviews on here. I'm glad I did. This deodorant keeps me feeling clean and smelling good throughout the day. I purchased the powder scent, I believe and I love it. It's not too overpowering. I really love that I don't have white deodorant stains on my clothes after use.

on 1/13/2014 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've always had a problem with sweating underarms and i hated it a lot, so one day i asked my cousin about if she also had the same problem as me and she said that she used to, before she started using Mitchum. I asked her about it, she said that it is amazing and that it kept her dry all day long, and thank God she said that she had an extra bottle of it. She gave to me to try it out. I tried it, and it is SUPER. I always thought that i was gonna be stuck with sweating forever. :D

Love it. smells good, doesnt feel like youre wearing deodorant. Hate the roll-on.

my gmom uses this and i have a few times. it works great i just dont like the wet feelin of this

on 11/2/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the solid stick form at Walmart. I have to constantly switch up my deodorants and currently switch between the Mitchum Advanced Control, the Mitchum Power Gel, and Old Spice deodorants. The Mitchum keeps me dry, smells decent, and keeps me smelling fresh throughout the day. I like it a tad more than the power gel formula in the Mitchum line. I will have to test it out during the summer months to see if it's a winner, but so far I really like it and it doesn't stain my clothing which is a huge plus. It is not irritating on the skin but the scent is a bit strong at times. I would re-purchase because it is effective and affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this at Walgreens on sale for $2. It has 20% aluminum zirconium in it which is a prescription amount, and I normally use Secret deodorants which have 18%. It smells really fresh and not as strong as Secret deodorants. It kept my underarms dry which is pretty impressive, and by the end of the day they smelled nice too. I took a lippie off because it has a gritty coarse texture that made it uncomfortable to apply on the sensitive skin of my underarms. Other than that I think this product is great.

I found this deodorant on a whim. I had always bought Secret, Dove, and Degree clinical strength formulas. However, after using these products for a few years, I began to realize that they just weren't doing the job. Considering that I was paying double what I would pay for a regular strength deodorant, I expect them to do their job and do it well. While I was at the drugstore, I began to compare the ingredients list to different brands of deodorant that I hadn't tried before. I decided on the Mitchum Power Gel formula. After using that product for a few weeks, it did an okay job. I'd say that it worked just as well as the other brands at a portion of the cost, however I hated the texture of the gel formula because it had a tendency of sliding off if I didn't wait for it to completely dry. So I decided to try and find a solid formula on my next trip to the drugstore. After going to Walmart, Target, and Rite Aid with no luck, I finally found the solid version at Walgreens (the only place that seems to carry it in this formula) and have never looked back again. This seriously keeps me dry ALL DAY. And I live in Louisiana where summer days are generally 100 degrees with very very high humidity (i'm talking dripping, sweaty, sticky weather), so I can truly say that this stuff works. In addition to keeping me dry, this is the only deodorant that has every kept the smell of BO at bay all day without reapplication. This is seriously the best deodorant I have ever used, hands down. Don't fall for the flashy marketing ads and different scents that are available in popular brands like Secret, Dove and Degree, because yes, that makes them more appealing to the buyer, but I would rather pay for this at $3.79 a stick rather than $8-9 for the others, when this works SO much better. Just try it, seriously.