BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1938 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 2/26/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Plastic wand, fun shape and easy to apply but I find this makes my lashes feel sticky and it's hard to remove at the end of the day.

on 2/26/2015 7:58:00 AM

Being an Asian with dead-straight eyelashes, I am always excited about trying mascara that claims great curling and volumising power. This mascara ain't too bad, but I expected more based on the marketing involved for this mascara. There's cheaper mascaras out there that does the job slightly better.

I'm happy using this for as long as it lasts, but I won't buy it again.

on 2/26/2015 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Silly me, I bought this mascara on a trip overseas and I also ended up getting it for Christmas from a relative, so now I have two. Because of that, I was really hoping this mascara would trump the other mascaras I've tried since 1. I have two tubs of it and 2. It's REALLY pricey.

Although I've only used it maybe... four or five times as of this day, I'm pretty sure that's enough time for me to tell how the mascara is working with my lashes. Unfortunately, I've tried better. This mascara is, as they say, basically overhyped, but that's not as ridiculous as this being EXTREMELY OVERPRICED for how it's worked so far.

I was hoping they would volumise my lashes really well since the mascara's name does indicate that it will make your eyelashes look like long, volumised falsies, but they do not at all (I think this is largely due to the brush type). It kinda also fails at keeping my lashes curled, even when I've curled it again after applying the mascara. It also smears on the bottom corners of my eyes after a while. This is my Top 1 mascara pet peeve.

To be fair though, it's pretty alright at lengthening and it dries instantaneously, which I love. It doesn't really clump because the formula is more on the watery side, and in spite of many of the reviews here saying how hard it is to remove. I find it reasonably easy to remove with good ol' Bioderma. Maybe my previous mascara was just THAT hard to take off that I got used to dealing with that.

In my opinion, the quality is very much on par with many drugstore mascaras. Why buy a $40 mascara when you can buy one with the same amount of product and same quality for more than half the price?

I know a lot of people LOVE this mascara and I am sorry for my negative review :P on that note, once you have tried Japanese mascara, you will probably feel the same as me. Although harder to track if you don't live in Asia (just buy one from sasa.com hehe), they are drugstore brand cheap and just generally work better! Think twice before spending your $$$ on this because now I wish I had just bought the Benefit foundation or bronzer! But since I have two of these mascaras now, I'll keep using it anyway since it's really not *that* bad (but I wish it was revolutionary because of what you're paying)... plus I will probably regret throwing it or giving it away because of the price tag!

on 2/26/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this mascara, makes my lashes look amazing however, you have to be really careful how you apply it. I use another mascara as a base then apply only one coat of this. If i use too much of this it clumps like a bitch. The effect is really good, but it's very easy to clump, it's bloody expensive and it's sooo difficult to get off completely. It's what's working best for me right now hence why I'm still using it but if I find something which works better I'll definitely swap

on 2/25/2015 11:40:00 PM

I like this mascara as far as effect goes but I'm not a huge fan of how well it sticks to my lashes. Even with water proof makeup remover it can be a biznatch to get off which damages and rips out eyelashes every time I use it which is a big nono for me.
The brush itself isn't my favourite either but I find this mascara works for well for volume and even better if paired with a separate lengthening mascara. Its in the pricer range of mascaras so I probably won't buy it again

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I honestly don't understand the hype. Don't get me wrong; it's a decent mascara. It doesn't clump, the brush is nice, and it's not too expensive... but there are WAY better options for less than what this costs. It's rather brittle feeling once dry and it can be a real pain to remove. It just wasn't my cup of tea, but to each their own.

on 2/25/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very nice! Makes my lashes very thick and black. No clumping. Easy to apply. Doesn't flake off, or smear. The price is reasonable for this really great mascarra. I would definitely buy again. Also helps curl your lashes which I really need. My eyelashes are very thin, and this makes a big difference. Lasts all day and doesn't make my eyes tear.

on 2/24/2015 11:10:00 AM

Over-rated, over-hyped mascara, imo. To me, while this is a fairly decent mascara, there are far more affordable and even better mascaras, even drugstore mascaras, than this that they perform just as well or even better.

I was going to give this one-star for over-all rating because to me it did not 'wow' me by no means but it is not a bad mascara, so I gave it two-stars. But for the price, I feel it is just an average mascara. Had it been a drugstore mascara, I would have given this 3 stars - as it truly is just average imo. But the price tag made me take off another star, dropping it down to 2-stars, as it really is nothing special, especially for the price. Yes there are even more expensive mascaras out there, but to me I just do not think this one by no means merits it's price tag or the 'hype'.

I know some have said they find this difficult to apply, and I did not have any difficulty. I know some also say it 'hurts' to apply this, and again, I did not have any issues. I do not wear contacts, so not sure if that is an issue for some..? However, my eyes also can be sensitive though, and I did not have any irritations with this, so that is good. It did apply just fine and wears just fine, no smudging or flaking. It did not last all day though, so, again, for the price, I kind of expect it to last all day. I got maybe 6 hours out of this, if that, so, again, there are better or the same-performing mascaras in the drugstore. Removed just fine for me, and I know some have said this is difficult to apply.

So all in all I did not find this to be a 'bad' mascara, but it did not wow me. Length-wise and full-ness-wise, nothing special. And it only lasted about 5 - 6 hours on me. Price tag..? They can keep it. Those who love this, great. I just did not find anything special about this and nothing to warrant the price tag. Would not re-purchase.

on 2/23/2015 1:53:00 PM

I have a sample size of this mascara and I must say as soon as I run out of it I'm going to buy one. My lashes are very straight and stubborn and usually I use a lash curler and a bit of mascara but it never lasts. I used Maybeline and Clinic mascaras but by far this one was the best! I definitely recommend it. The reason for the four stars is the price.

on 2/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

BadGal lash is my favorite mascara but I thought I would try They're Real. I figured if one was great the other would be. This is just not true. I think the look is supposed to be spikey multi-lashes. When you put it on (after you remove half the product from the wand) it combines many lashes into one lash. That one multi-lash is long, but it looks like a spike. So you get maybe 10 spikes sticking out from your upper lid and two from your lower one. It's a really weird, and very ugly, effect. Stick with BadGal and you'll look pretty. Go with They're Real to match your mohawk.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products