BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2087 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 8/27/2015 10:12:00 AM

I quite liked the brush to this mascara. I'm happy to spend alot on foundation, eyeshadows, lipsticks etc but with mascara I feel as though any will do the trick for me. I think I would rather buy 3 different cheaper types of mascaras with different brushes (one for volume, one to separate the lashes and one for length) then just buy this one product, which costs $40AU. With mascaras, you have to throw them out after roughly 3 months so i'm not sure if this is worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I hated this! I loved BadGal, and had high hopes for this. Meh. Didn't deliver on it's promises. My lashes are naturally long, but this made them clump like crazy, and actually made them shorter. Not a fan. Not a fan at all.

on 8/26/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd ummed and ahhed about this mascara for ages, and read all the reviews on before I thought "what the heck" and bought it. I am so glad I did. This is the best mascara I have ever used and I think I have tried them all over the years! I curl my lashes with an eyelash curler then apply two coats of mascara. One coat is great but two just adds to the definition (no clumping!) and it really makes your eyes stand out without looking overdone. It doesn't flake or smudge during the day and is easily removed with an oil based remover (I use baby oil!). The only downside is the price - 19.50 is a lot of money for a mascara, but honestly it is worth every penny for the WOW effect!

on 8/24/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Yes, it lengthens, yes it darkens, thickens, etc, the stuff delivers exactly what it promises. But I'm not gonna lie, I do NOT like the $25 price tag. :( You can get the same results form Maybelline Lash Sensational at less than half the cost. The one major con to this stuff is that it's HARD to remove! You need to use an oil based remover, wash your face and use your oil based remover again and it's not even water proof! So if you don't mind spending major $$$ and putting in work taking this stuff off, They're Real is for you.

Duuuuude this mascara is great!

SUPER lengthening, (which I need - short, thin, light colored lashes) great volume, and amazing curl. Nice pigmentation as well. Everything I want and love in a mascara.

One thing that is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5: The brush. The brush itself is long and allows to cover every lash with the product. But the BRISTLES are so SHARP. They're like mini daggers near your eyes!

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten too close to my eye and it pokes me and I have to clean up the smears and restart the mascara application. I never expect it because I go that close to my eye with other mascaras, but it's not a problem with those. After the times I've poked myself, I learned to be more careful...

Overall, yes, I recommend! Just be careful haha. :P :D

on 8/22/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Formula: I LOVE this mascara. My lashes look 5x lusher and longer. So good, I find ask myself if "they're real"? Formula doesn't smudge or clump. It is super black. Goes on smooth. Holds the curl ALL DAY. Perfect everytime.
It is easy enough to remove with the right makeup removers and technique. It's really not much harder than other mascaras.

Brush: The unique brush takes some learning as it is hard rubber and has pointy tips (can hurt if you poke yourself/ get too close to the lashline). Once you learn it tho, it's great.
It separates all the hairs + I love that the end can be used for corner lashes and bottom lashes. I love the brush. I do wish it was a tad smaller tho.

I don't mind the price. Would rather get 1 good mascara vs. 4 different drugstore ones that clumps/ bleeds/ fades (*cough cough maybelline) OR vs. 1 expensive brand that clumps/bleeds/fades (*cough cough urban decay perversion)

BOTTOMLINE: HG of Mascara for me!

on 8/21/2015 7:13:00 PM

Amazing. I recommend trying the sample size before buying the larger size to see if it works for you though!

So far, my favorite mascara of all time!

Here I what I love about it. It separates my lashes, lengthens, volumizes and doesn't clump. It last ALL DAY, no flaking and crumbling off. Also, it feels like there is a ton of mascara in the tube. I have this issue with mascaras feeling empty or nearly dried up when I purchase them. There is none of that bull here.

I do have a few problems with it...The brush is GIGANTIC. Smaller brushes are much easier to work with. I feel like I'm going to poke my eye out sometimes, especially when trying to apply this on my lower lashes. It's not too big of a deal, but it is a little cumbersome to get used to.

The formula does dry very fast, so you'll need to work quickly. However, my lashes don't feel brittle or crunchy when I'm done. This stuff holds a curl nicely too.

The main issue I have with this is that it's SO difficult to remove. You need to have an oil based makeup remover. Otherwise it feels like you're removing waterproof mascara. It makes my lashes fall out sometimes, so I don't wear this every day. If this were not the case, I would give this product 5 lippies for sure.

It's definitely worth a try! I have tried so many different mascaras and this is the first to really impress me!

on 8/20/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This mascara made my lashes look longer and fuller. Holds the curl pretty well for my monolids. It lasts all day (might rub off on lower lash line a little bit) and not too hard to take off at night. This is a good go-to mascara for lazy days and when you just want to skip the eyeliner but still have something on. I will love it while it lasts, but probably will not repurchase because I'm a student and $30 for a mascara is hella expensive!

on 8/20/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So, when you first purchase the mascara and use it 2-3 times the consistancy is great and goes on smooth and dark black giving a 'luscious lash' effect. However, after 2 purchases of this I had the same results of the mascara drying out and going to a clumpy dry consistancy. This is also horrendous to get off even with eye makeup remover! Don't waste your money girls it's not all its cracked up to be x

Video Reviews & Tutorials