April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by cellyfrmdavally

This is the only mascara i will use and i've used everything from loreal to lancome. My eyelashes are very thick, straight, and long, so they are very hard to curl and most mascaras just weigh them down even more. My eyelashes can never hold a curl but with this mascara it will last ALL DAY. I can literally take a nap and wake up with my lashes looking great. It never clumps or flakes on me. Maybe some people are putting too much on?

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe this is such a popular mascara because I really disliked it!

It's funny that the mascara is called "They're Real!" because there is nothing convincing or natural looking about the product. Every time I put it on, even when I tried to put on very little, my whole face just screamed "HELLO WORLD! I AM WEARING A BUNCH OF HEAVY MASCARA!" It wasn't like vampy bombshell dramatic. It was just like a bunch of black paint or grease hanging out on my lashes. This made my lashes look spidery, cakey, goopy, and gross!

Even after a few hours, little crumbs of the mascara would fall off my lashes and wander off into the surrounding eye area, ruining any eyeshadow / undereye concealer I was wearing and making my eye makeup look super smudgy. Also, the formula is awful for sensitive eyes! The mascara made my eyes tear up if I kept it on throughout the day and sometimes result in my eyes crying irritated black tears.

Skip this "cult favorite." If you're looking to splurge on a high quality mascara, this is not the one.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I'm not a fan of this mascara at all. I got this as a deluxe sample from Seohora. Every time I have used it I've had problems with the mascara clumping and then bits of clumps eventually falling into my eye when I would blink. It didn't happen every time I blinked, but at least once or twice each time I used it. At first I thought I maybe applied too much so the next time i used it i applied less and yet again, i had sharp clumps fall into my eye. I usually use about 3 coats of mascara regardless of the brand and maybe that's a lot with this product, but with other mascaras i don't seem to have this problem. I don't recommend this to anyone that uses a lot of mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by kristin12b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It makes my eyelashes look very long. I have repurchased it three times and will continue to do so. I have no problem removing it with Vaseline.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the unusual brush and the way it distributes mascara over the lashes. If I curl my lashes first, this gives me a lovely wide-eyed look, with really long, defined, super black lashes. That said, the mascara itself has a tendency towards clumping, so you need to be careful and precise when applying.

I don't think I'll repurchase it, and what seals the deal for me is how annoying it is to remove. When I get home from work, I like to clean my face with a makeup remover wipe, then use a gentle cleanser and face cloth in the shower. This stuff feels really gummy and greasy when I'm trying to get it off and it sticks to my lashes like crazy, so much so that my normal routine just does isn't enough to remove it all, and I really don't have time for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used a lot of drugstore mascaras in my life but this is the first higher end mascara I've used and it's definitely the best or one of the best I've used. I just love the little brushes on the end . They really help to give volume to the lashes. I've always preferred the plastic hard brushes over the other ones because they separate better. This mascara goes on very wet and dark. It's the only one I've used that for some reason doesnt get on my top lid when I'm putting it on which is great. It is kind of hard to get off even with makeup remover (of course I have an off brand of that) but I'll continue to use it anyways .

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by boogs77

Sticky. Transfers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by FerociousJay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: Does lengthen.

Cons: Sticks eyelashes together, needs to be used over or under waterproof mascara, does not hold a curl as well as it should (it drops my curl half way), gets all over eyelid (and when used with a mascara eyelid protector, it clumps all the eyelashes together). Not waterproof (at all), smears easily.

I have never spent over 10 minutes getting my eyelashes to look perfect. I love that this product does lengthen, yet it is completely unfair the process one has to go through in order to unclump, separate, layer, curl, clean, and repeat if you want a fabulous lash (not necessarily in that order but you get my point). And that's just one lash I'm talking about. Unfair I tell ya!

If you already have a mascara that lengthens and separates, keep it. Don't waste your time and $$$ on this one. Even in the GossMakeUpArtist video review you can see how his eyelashes were stuck together... horrible.
And even on other reviews you can see it's just so super thick and the more you try to separate your lashes with the brush, the more product gets on and makes all the lashes STICK. It's really difficult to clean the brush off of excess mascara too so that is no help at all.

I like the way it lengthens, there's no denying that but seriously..... aint nobody got time for that!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by fychen

If you have straight lashes, this mascara is not for you!

I wanted to try this out, but like any other non- waterproof mascaras that I have tried, this does not hold the eyelash curls. My lashes goes right back down after applying it. Also, I found the brush a little too big. It was hard for me to maneuver over my eye area to coat each lash.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by gotohellmel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It stays true to it's name- They're Real because I've actually had people ask if my eyelashes are false or not. One coat of this enhances your lashes, two coats is as far as I go and it looks dramatic and fabulous. I find with two coats I'll use an eyelash comb while it's still wet just to ensure it doens't clump at all. I honestly think using any more than two coats is incredibly excessive haha. Job well done BeneFit, my HG mascara.