New York Color City Curls Curling Mascara

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love N.Y.C.'s City Curls mascara! It's got a slightly curved brush that's a good size (not huge & unwieldy). The Black is a true black. It's just under $3 @ WalMart & Target. It's got a cute pink tube, too! I love how affordable it is plus the wear is fabulous. It goes on easily & doesn't flake or make panda eyes like some other brands. It curls my already semi-curly & long lashes nicely for an extra-flirty effect. It adds lush thickness w/out clumps. I highly recommend it!

on 3/22/2015 5:44:00 AM

In the scale of oomph, from minimalist to dramatics, for the mascara I have tried so far: shu basic ( non waterproof ), maybelline lash discovery mini brush waterproof, NYC sky rise, maybelline define a lash ( waterproof ), NYC city curls, maybelline vol express colossal ( waterproof ), maybelline vol express falsie dramatic black.

Have more volume than sky rise. But with 4-5 layers, it clumps the lashes ( thus spider leg), and those clumps and other comes off, flakes. Not too serious but it flakes. For under $3. I will stay with skyrise.

wow nyc did a great job with this mascara...i never buy cheap priced mascaras and totally feel like an idiot for not picking this up sooner...3$ for a great product...what caught my eye is the pink packaging but now its the actual product...it lengthens and volumizes...one thing i dont like is how it flakes but its very little flaking and nothing noticeable...will not call this my hg tho bc covergirl flamed out mascara is my hg

a really nice mascara for a really good price. natural yet still lengthening and thickening. doesnt clump easily. cheap looking packaging but a good mascara nonetheless.

on 11/20/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been really into trying out inexpensive beauty products lately, and unfortunately, this was a failboat. The mascara isn't horrible but it doesn't do what it claims. Instead of curling my lashes, I feel like leaves my lashes droopy. It smudges way too easily and that is an issue for someone with hereditary dark circles. This is going in the give away pile.

on 11/7/2014 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you already have naturally curly eyelashes, this product may make your eyelashes actually look shorter. So I use a lengthening mascara and then this product afterwards and that seems to work well.

on 9/21/2014 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

love this mascara for 3$ you have to have this. it does give me a bit of curl but It length's and gives volume. its perfect for an everyday look not to exaggerated. LOVE IT SO MUCH

on 5/6/2014 12:47:00 AM

The best! I have used many mascaras. Lancome, estee lauder, loreal, you name it and this beats all of them. I love how it thickens lengthens and curls AND it washes off very easily

on 4/26/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Inexpensive but did not work for me at all. It did not curl lashes and added only little length and volume. When I tried to apply more than one coat it clumped badly. I ended up throwing it away.

on 3/29/2014 1:18:00 AM

Sometimes a low-priced product delivers high-quality results. This is not one of those times. I found this mascara to be barely OK. My least favorite thing about it is the weird curved brush that tapers off at the end like some kind of hook. Made application clumpy and uneven.
The overall effect was just average-looking. Added some length and volume but it didn't look good enough to make me buy this again.
Overall- meh.