September 17, 2014 | 1263 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-on Shadow Pencil in Midnight Cowboy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim. It really is beautiful and true to its shadow counterpart. The faults of this product are entirely my own. I hate glitter. I can't handle it. This has no glitter fallout which is great. It just has too much glitter and I wasn't able to tone it down. I recommend getting lit over midnight cowboy if you dislike glitter as much as I do. I had no business purchasing this product. If you do like glitter, you will love this. It doesn't crease which is amazing. I'm giving this a three as it's a very good product just not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I returned this. My pencil was hard in texture and tugged at my eyelid, but the color is pretty, and there really is minimal fallout. I tried to love it, I really did, but after my first attempt ar sharpening it, the "lead" of the pencil would come out completely when I would take the lid off. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

Although with these pencils you lose a fair amount of product through sharpening, there is plenty of pigment and glitter and they are so easy to use and long lasting. This is better than the legendary Midnight Cowboy shadow because you don't get the same fallout and constant "there's glitter all over your face" comments. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ural0000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a version of Midnight Cowboy that doesn't spread glitter everywhere.
Definitely not a day-time shadow as it still contains a lot of silver glitter, but a genius thing to use for a quick not-too-formal going out eye.
I would repurchase should I ever run out- but it's not very likely that I will as I don't use it that frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by originalskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

FINALLY! An Urban Decay shadow with glitter that does not end up all over my cheeks! I know there are a lot of ladies who do not like glitter. I am not one of them. I have a wonderful combination of smallish hooded eyes, so while I can see glitter bomb shadows looking alarming on those who have nice large lids, for me it provides a much needed flash and sparkle when worn at my upper lash line which is really the only part of my whole lid you see when I blink. The problem is that none of them stay on worth a darn! I cant wear glitter anywhere else on my face, so when I tried (and tried and frickin tried!) to use the regular Midnight Cowboy, only to end up looking like a disco ball with glitter everywhere, I was so disappointed. Tried it wet, with Primer Potion, dry, pressed it, sprayed it...grrrrr! So I was rather excited when I saw this pencil form of the shadow. I love UD 24/7 pencils, so I forked out the $20 (ouch) for this shadow stick. I am SO glad I did! The color is a beautiful champagne with a metalic finish, and the trademark silver glitter flecked through it. Just beautiful! It glides on just like the name says it will, no tugging and great pigmentation. Once it sets, it is budge proof! I wore it all day and washed my face only to find the only thing left was this pencil at my lashline! It came off with makeup remover and a few swipes, and I am just fine with that. It works great in the inner eye corners also, the color blends well with skin and you just get a subtle glow with flashes of silver. It is not over the top, it is just the perfect thing to brighten up my eyes, they look twice as big with this shadow at the lash and inner corners. Women with hooded eyes need to give this one a shot! It was expensive, but since it is so pigmented you do not have to use half the pencil to get something to show up and I think it will last quite a while, so it was worth the money. I will be buying others based on this positive experience (I am talking to you Rehab!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 5:27:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I really wanted to love Midnight Cowboy, so badly. I loved the portability, how blendable it is, and the color: a perfect, neutral golden beige that made my eyelids look so smooth and daytime appropriate -- a powder equivalent is Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, NOT Midnight Cowboy (which is significantly pinker than the shadow pencil of the same name). However, what I could not love was the overabundance of silver glitter. After seeing myself in the sunlight, I sadly had to return this to Sephora as I just sparkled from my lashline to just under my eyebrows. It is important to note, though, that there is VERY MINIMAL glitter fallout; this is an improvement from this line's glitter eyeshadows. Hence, I am still giving it 4 lippies because 01) the base color is beautiful and 02) for those of you who want the color of MIdnight Cowboy Rides Again without the pesky glitter fallout, this will be ideal for you. Oh, and when I returned this, I exchanged it for the Shadow Pencil in Lit, which is more gold than beige, but has no glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looooooooove this product! I wish I had more money so I could buy a bunch of other colors but these are pricey! Urban Decay products in general tend to make me happppppy.

This is the perfect neutral everyday color on my lids. I am really not a fan of dramatic shadows in general though (prefer dramatic eyeliner instead) I put on eyeshadow primer and then when it dries, put this all over my lid as a color and on my tear ducts. When I am going out I will put other shadows on top of it to amp up the drama. It does not crease on me but I havent tried it without primer. I like glitter on my eyes but not over the top glitter and I feel this works in that category. It is a subtle way to bring out my eyes without screaming EYE MAKEUP.

You might need to buy a sharpener for this....luckily for me the eyepencil sharpener I bought recently had an eyeliner size and a jumbo eye pencil size in one. I imagine this will last a long time because I do not sharpen too often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I cant believe I havent brought this colour sooner! This is by far a more flattering alternative to white liner.
Definitely makes you look more awake and more natural when used on the waterline compared to using a white liner which makes you look cartoony.
I dont need to rave about the UB quality, because we all know their eye products are fantastic.
I just absolutely adore this colour, I have not yet come across anything as close to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ngujen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great alternative to the colour I get no Kick LE by mac from their cham pale collection. I purchased this after researching a dupe for the mac's pencil. Temptalia actually came up with this dupe and I trust her judgement. For those who are wanting the mac pencil this is a much cheaper alternative, easy to find in stock and still a great quality product. Even though I have not swatched the mac pencil myself, I have researched online & have noticed the finish and colour is quite identical. A very gorgeous colour for the tear duct or undereye/waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by tewkes08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I love eye pencils and this just takes the cake. The beautiful shimmery color really can't be seen until you really put it on your eyelid and look at how the light reflects. Great for making eyes look brighter overall and a gives a beautiful shimmer and could even be used as a great base.