August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Shampoo (Level 2)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kiley34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the smell,makes my hair feel amazing!!! I love all Tigi products so I knew this wouldn't disappoint me. The price is reasonable if you can buy the shampoo/ conditioner duo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

I bought this just after christmas there was a deal on and i got the big bottles of both the shampoo and conditioner in a pack. The shampoo itself is great. I have very thick curly hair, its pretty damaged from dying it so many times and last year i bleached the bottom of it (total mistake) as it fried my hair. Since then my hair has been so bad. I was looking around for something that would help and came across this. Usually i shampoo my hair twice then condition but with this i only need to shampoo once. It smells amazing and makes my hair smell good for a couple of days. I have seen a real difference in my hair its so much softer and looks that much better. I would definitely repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by HildeMV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite shampoo so far :D
I have long peroxide blonde hair which tends to be greasy fast, and my hair is so fine that any buildup and grease just weighs the hair down and makes it looks terrible. When a hair product promises to repair damaged hair or make it shiny I always fear that it will overload my hair and create buildup, but not this one! :D It makes the hair really clean( removes all my grease) and lathers nicely so that it's easy to wash every part of my mane, and it does not leave that nasty residue that makes your hair look dirty even though you just washed.

Reading reviews for the red version of the urban antidotes it seems like buildup might be a problem with it, but I haven't tried it yet. Sticking with this teal one for now.

I've gone through a 750 mill pump bottle( I <3 pump bottles) and will aquire a new one posthaste.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sonia786

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special. Gave me dandruff if I used it everyday so I had to alternate with and head and shoulders. It does make your hair softer but since my hair is not very damaged, I can't tell if it helps repair hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by elliezabeth22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product started out great. Made my hair shiny, soft, manageable. A month into using it, my scalp started getting EXTREMELY sore, I had tons of split ends, my hair was staticky, and it lost volume. I eventually just had to toss it out. I looked at the ingredients and was stunned to see "Hydrogen Peroxide" listed!!!! That stuff can ERODE skin away and cause severe irritation/allergic reactions. Not to mention tons of other really nasty and toxic ingredients. A day after using it, my scalp stopped hurting and felt less inflamed. I would NOT recommend this product. I usually LOVE Bedhead's hair products, but this shampoo was a terrible, terrible disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a present from my kind friend who knew I was abusing my hair a lot with bleaching and when I was dying my hair pink. The problem is this dries the heck out of my hair. I cant use it. I like John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color renew shampoo way more. Makes my hair softer unlike this. The smell is nice and fruity but most of the shampoos even in drugstores have a nice smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product is ok for me, it rinses clean and leaves my hair shiny but doesn't do much for moisturizing. My search for a HG shampoo continues...keep in mind I have highlighted, frizzy, long curls and only shampoo once a week as to not strip my color. I enjoy the smell of TIGI products and love the packaging, very bright and bold, but not a repurchase for me cuz the bottle will last forever and there are better DS alternatives:/ although this shampoo is average, I absolutely love the conditioner!! I'd skip this if you have dry & processed hair but def check out the condish:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I'm on the fence with this product. When I first used this product, it worked really well, it made my hair really soft. But after 2 weeks it started to make my hair frizzy and dry. And although it smelled really nice(sweet like candy, Starburst mixed with Skittles) it left it smelling funky the following day. This product also started to irritate my scalp which I did not like at all.

Pros: Leaves hair soft first uses, smells great
Cons: Made my hair frizzy, irritated scalp, leaves hair funky smelling if not washed everyday.

About my Hair: Super Long, color treated, straight (slightly wavy when dried naturally), fine hair but very thick, thinned out by salon, all over layers, scalp is easily irritated.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by imaginedragonsfan19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So i'd been looking for different shampoos over the internet to calm my frizzy/wavy/messy/damaged hair. I'd previously used Celsun Blue for a couple of months cause i had seb eczema for a while. But it's gone now:)

After looking for a while, i came upon the TIGI Bed Head line, and saw that the Urban Antidotes line was great for damaged hair. I decided to use Level 2 Recovery cause i have red peekaboos in my hair that had been bleached before it was died red. It was soft-bleached, so i thought Level 2 would be enough make these strands soft again. I also read the ingredients on the website, and it claimed to have some ingredients that calm frizz. And because it has no bad sulphates, i figured it would be good for my scalp too.

And it was for the first few washes. I washed my hair with it every other day for the first week w/ the conditioner and it gave my hair such an improvement. It made my hair calm and manageable while repairing the dead strands and split ends. It even smelled really good too, like berries. The bottle was really artsy, although the shampoo took a while to lather.

Buuuut after that week, it stopped working completely. My hair got puffier and with each wash, even after using Control Freak Serum! And the dead strands became drier as well. My hair basically went back to way it was before.

I don't recommend this for ANYONE, and i'm never buying it ever again. Guess i have to look for a new shampoo again..... :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by amyvin

This stuff was at first my Holy Grail of shampoo! (emphasis on 'was'). For the first month, it worked, I was impressed with what it had done after the first use. My hair was manageable, shiny, and locked in the moisture whenever I treated it to heat. But gradually it dried out my extremely fine and color-treated hair after that month had elapsed. What was once excitement had quickly faded into pure disappointment in this product. Now whenever I use it, all it does is give a tangled and damaged frizz. Sadly, I had to toss this shampoo out because the results in the beginning were great, but in the long run just made my hair very coarse, like a stack of hay. Not wonderful for me at all, makes me sad that this shampoo didn't work out, especially a salon brand.