October 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Toners - Alba Botanica - Rainforest Refreshing Mist Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

People who think they don't need a toner aren't using the right one! I love the way this feels on my skin. I keep one bottle in my desk to spray my face during the day when it feels dry for an instant refresher. At home, I spray some onto a cotton round and wipe my face with it every morning and evening after washing. The softening effect is immediate. RRMT has its own moisture and plenty of antioxidants to add to my skin, but it also preps my skin for the serums, moisturizers, and exfoliating treatments I use to deliver even more antioxidants and moisture. On hot summer nights I use only this toner and a light serum to moisturize without heaviness or greasiness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

This was one of the only toners that received top reviews on Paula B's beautypedia site that was easily attainable and priced reasonably. I love it so far. Moisturizing and refreshing-- has a very earthy scent to it. My only gripe so far is that the bottle is kinda bulky (I travel alot) and it was hard to find! I fnally found it at Whole Foods in clearance section. I'm afraid they may be discontinuing the product line...?

I hope not because its my HG toner now!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I didn't try this toner sooner!

I had been using the Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion as my daily toner, and while it seemed to work okay, I always wondered if it was maybe a little too harsh as a daily toner, especially during the times I wasn't dealing with a breakout or pimple.

I finally went searching for a gentle organic toner, and came across this one by Alba. It got good reviews almost everywhere I looked, and it seemed gentle enough to use on a daily basis. I picked this up at Whole Foods and am so glad I decided to! I break out less using this toner daily than when I used the Clinique toner. I guess even though that was mild, it was still mildly drying when my skin didn't need it. The Rainforest toner is so refreshing and preps my skin for my serum and moisturizer. I usually spritz it on my face and then a little on a cotton pad and swipe the cotton pad all over my face.

Some have complained that this toner has a "smell" similar to, well, the rainforest - an earthy dirt smell. This is true, but it does not bother me one bit. I actually don't mind the smell at all.