August 1, 2014 | 1171 users online

Powder - Lily Lolo - Mineral Foundation - China Doll

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mineral foundation, this is the perfect shade for me, I really thought I'd be porcelain but that was too light for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by peep69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this stuff! It's my go to everyday foundation. I have combination, dehydrated, acne prone skin, about NC20 which is naturally v shiny. This gives good, matte but natural looking coverage. I think the price is good to for the quality. Can't see why I would stop using this! Thoroughly recommend giving it a try. Lily lolo also let u order little trial sizes so u can colour match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Having been a user of liquid and occasionally cream foundations my entire life, I am surprised by how much I fell in love with this! I'll make this review thorough, since there aren't many reviews of this out there.
I have tried Bare Minerals and Laura Mercier mineral foundations in the past and just did not like them - they were either too shimmery and emphasized pores and fine lines I didn't know I had, too powdery, too little coverage, shades were off for my pale skin, or all at the same time. Not so with the Lily Lolo foundation.
It goes on very smoothly, and you can build it up very easily to provide a medium coverage and it still will not look powdery. I apply mine with the Ecotools buffing brush (flat top, similar to ELF flat top) and use the RT deluxe crease brush for under my eyes and for tiny areas that maybe need more coverage - maybe a massive spot that time a month etc. Usually I find that just the regular application with the flat top brush provides enough coverage even for spots that I regularly get. I also feel like you can definitely use this as a concealer, and not purchase a separate product - saving time and money!
It has a satin finish, not super matte, which looks very natural. Great thing is that, since it is a powder, it doesn't need setting with a powder, saving you time in the morning! And also powder blushes go on much easier on top, compared to a liquid foundation.
Now this shade, China Doll, is perfection for my very pale skin with yellow undertones (I don't use MAC foundations but reckon I'm an NC15) - I tried a sample size of Blondie as well which was just a touch too dark, probably good for the summer. I am so glad that finally someone made a very pale foundation that is not pink!
It only has a couple of ingredients (by which I mean, TWO, with possible traces of a few others) so it can't get much more skin friendly than this. In fact I feel like the redness in my skin (always had it, no matter what products I used) has subsidised a little bit - nothing major, but hey anything helps!
Staying power: I have combination skin, dry cheeks and oily T-zone. This lasts well on my cheeks as expected, but my T-zone does get oily about 4 hours in (with liquid foundations it's about 2 hrs), unless I use a good primer which I usually don't bother to do. So in this area the foundation can fade a little bit. This hasn't dried out my skin, not even my dry cheeks, but I do make sure to use a heavier moisturiser on my cheeks at night.
THE ONLY NEGATIVE is that this, like any loose powder product, can be a bit messy and get everywhere. However the container has a sealable bit so that it's far better than other similar products.
Hope this helps!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by joziel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually use this as an eye shadow; I use a darker LL foundation (Barely Buff) on my face, then to give my eyes a lift, I switch to this around my eye sockets. Works really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect shade for those of us who are too pale for LL's "Blondie" foundation but find "Porcelain" too light for the summer months. I used to mix Porcelain & Blondie to get the perfect foundation shade but now will simply keep buying China Doll. Big thumbs up.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by babalou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

China Doll is a recent addition to Lily Lolo's wide range of shades and is the 2nd lightest, sitting between Porcelain and Blondie. I tried the latter first but found it too yellow-based and a little dark for my very light skin. China Doll is perfect.

I'd say it is cool-toned and really very light - considerably lighter than the palest shades in every other brand I have used (lots). If you are 'English Rose' type complexion or someome who struggles to find a shade light enough, this could be for you.

Finish is a slight soft sheen but no shiny sparkles, totally natural looking, like skin but perfected skin. I don't layer much as I don't like too much coverage. One or two layers of this is just right and lasts me all day without finishing powder.

I have sensitive and dry-ish skin so unless my skin is well moisturised first, I do feel some slight tightness on my cheeks, but I've had no other reaction.

Have to say the price and value of Lily Lolo is fantastic. A 10g pot will last me ages. A great, animal-friendly (BUAV approved) brand. I apply with their Super Kabuki which is ace.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No