August 31, 2014 | 953 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Greed

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I normally use UDPP and bought this in a set without realizing it had color to it. It has a gold shimmer that is fairly strong. You could use this alone as an overall eye "wash" of color. For me, the gold is not a dealbreaker since I have gold toned skin and wear a lot of warm eyeshadow, but if you are pink toned this would probably not work well on you. I am experimenting with this and will use it more for nighttime looks and save my UDPP for day/more conservative looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love the sheen this eyeshadow primer gives, it intensifies colour and helps your eyeshadow stay on, to an extent. My eyeshadow seemed to smudge a little bit, but not as much as it would without primer. But it's no where near as good as Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by mrvtime

I purchased this on sale for a great price. I love the original UD primer and I wasn't expecting so much color in a primer. I do have to say, however, that it works great as a base under some of their darker shadows and gives a completely different look. I also love to use this with matte shadow over it with a colored liner. My downfall is that if you don't put this on just right and the perfect amount, it does not blend. I can only use this primer if I have extra time to devout to it. I found that using an applicator helps. I would buy this again, though, even though it can be painful to get just the right amount on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

This stuff just enhance my eyeshaddows and make them last longer and look more vivid. I love how its shimmery and can be worn by itself. It might seem a little pricey but I think it would last long, cause a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by keepinggoodgraces

I bought this in the 'greed' shade kind of by accident - but gold is pretty understated, and works well as a highlighting base. So it turned out to be a happy accident. Personally, I found the price to be reasonable, especially as with the new packaging you get 10% more for your money. Note for those who have to so eye makeup in a hurry: always wait for the primer potion to dry, and become matte instead of creamy. If you don't, it won't work properly. X

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I wrote a poor review on this and after exploring with it a bit more, I decided to rewrite and its very positive. The proper way to work the product is to use a teensy tiny drop and spread to your lid.You cannot put too much onto your lid or you will get a terrible end result. If you are working with deep pigmented shadows, the color will pop and shimmer even more. Your shadows will stay on all day without smearing or smudging or creasing. Because this is a goldish type color, you are limited to what color shadows work with this. More deep and darker shadows work best. This is Not an everyday primer. Overall, great product and I would purchase again. It should last an eternity because u only need to use just a tiny dot. I have heard this product does dry out in the tube after sometime and I hope that doesn't happen because I will be upset considering the price I paid. If the price is not in your range, I recommend NYX eyeshadow base as it works just as well and it is an everyday primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lauriehall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple of months. I bought it from Ulta store - $20 for a tube. Color: Greed. You can choose to buy a colored primer or not. This primer is gold. It was a little too dramatic by itself for me. I decided I needed to tone it down for the office. I opted to dust the goldish primer with a matte bone shadow. It did the trick. I love the way it looks and it stays on all day.

I gave the packaging two lippies because it is kind of a pain. I wish it was in a pot, instead of a tube. I use a small flat brush to apply it. I am sure that it can't be packaged in a pot as it dries very quickly, sometimes I have to rush the application because it will set before I have my lid completely covered.

I may try the non-colored version next time so that I can use whatever color shadow I want with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by ChaChaHeels83

I loved this product when it was in the genie bottle. Now it's on the squeeze tube which dries out. The newer formulation also makes my eyes feel like they have sand in them. It's really sad because the color is amazing. Urban decay really went down hill some being acquired by loreal. Less brights, more shades or brown than anyone should own, and cheaper lower end formulations. I miss the older, more ethical urban decay. Sadly they are lining the pockets of a huge company that contributes to animal testing, and charging the same price for products that less quality to meet the mass production. I miss old urban decay :(

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jburnett1111

Wow! A friend bought this for me at Ulta when it was on sale for only 10 bucks. Usually I think its about 25, but i would have bought it for 25 dollars! The color is absolutely beautiful. Be warned: if you are looking for a clear plain primer, this is not for you. It is gold shimmer. However, it is gorgeous, and truly worth the price. You can put a little on by itself for a naturally shimmery look, or you can put eyeshadow on top. This primer makes cheap eyeshadow look shimmery and vibrant! Buy it! its worth the expensive price!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by julespena

I bought this colour by accident one day when I was in Sephora in a hurry not knowing that it was gold instead of the original clear formula. HOWEVER, I ENDED UP LOOOOOVING THIS. I personally wear mainly champagne or gold eyeshadows and I find that this primer just gives it that extra POP!! Great to add some drama to a more casual look or to go full out with your party makeup. While I love the product I dont love the price and feel there are better, less expensive options out there for me to explore before I decide to come back and repurchase this product.