December 20, 2014 | 1580 users online

Lip Treatments - Yves Saint Laurent - Top Secrets re-plumping concentrate lip&contour shaper

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Among the many products I use for my lips I tried this plumper, mainly because I had a positive experience with most other YSL cosmetics. Unfortunately, this plumper was a bit of a let down.

I normally use a lip balm to keep my lips moisturized, so I was specifically looking for a plumper. My favourite one us by Helena Rubinstein and it works wonders. This one is slightly cheaper, but not worth saving the money for.

There is zero plumping effect and it wears off pretty quickly. Its consistency is OK, being creamy, unscented and not sticky, but it is also whitish and it covers the natural pink of the lips. The moisturizing effect is minimal and I usually top it with my Eucerin lip balm for the night.

Considering the price, I would definitely recommend either the HR plumper (if you want plumping) or a cheaper lip balm (if you just want moisture). Definitely NOT recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Right, I LOVE this product. Love love love.

It's titled as a "re-plumping concentrate, lip&contour shaper", however if you are looking for a LIP PLUMPER specifically, this is NOT for you. It's not like one of those stinging glosses or balms that irritates the lips and makes them noticeably plump up. Instead, it's more like an incredibly hydrating balm that "plumps" the lips more by moisturising and filling the natural fine lines on the lips.

I use it as a balm, and have virtually replaced all my balms in favour of this one - it even gives my beloved Lanolips a run for its money!

It has a gentle beautiful smell, and a lovely texture - not creamy, oily, sticky... somewhat difficult to describe, it's almost like a combination of creamy and waxy if that makes any sense? It's not too thick, and yet gives incredible moisture and really locks it in. If you're not a fan of balms or you wear lipstick during the day, you can apply it at night and wake up to gorgeous hydrated lips.

I've found that this concentrate does exactly what it aims to - i.e. re-plumping and hydrating your natural lips, but like I said, if you're looking for a more dramatic plumper, this is NOT it. I absolutely adore it as it imparts incredible moisture to my often super chapped lips, and makes them look the best they possibly can naturally.

The concentrate is in a white average sized (for a lip product) tube with a gold cap, and has an angled plastic tip for easy application. As this concentrate is so moisturising, a relatively small amount goes a long way, making it pretty decent value for the somewhat hefty price tag... That said, I DID find it on eBay for 19 (usually 24).

I absolutely love this concentrate and will re-purchase in a heartbeat as it moisturises and smooths my lips like nothing else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I love this, it has a lovely citrus smell! I don't know what it is about it but it does make my lips feel plumper and fuller! Obviously it's not going to work miracles or a substitute for lip fillers, i already have fuller lips, but this makes them plumper, like, a healthy plumpness. I really love it and managed to get it for 13 via ebay :) but i would pay full price knowing how good it has worked!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by mayer2816

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this lip product, i'm into glosses but this is a great treat to your lips. I have chapped and peeled lips if i skip on lip treatment. I use 8 hr cream the original when my lips feel cracked and about to bleed but as much as i love 8 hr cream, the application is quite messy. Plus, it tends to migrate as i put on before i went to bed. I bought the vernis lip gloss and was trying out products on the counter when the SA told me to buy this. It costs about US49 on strawberrynet, USD38 in changi airport and about US$40 here in Indonesia, but I managed to get this on strawberrynet when they were having a sale for $27

It smells unbelievably delicious! it's fruity, lychee like smell. no flavour, the formula is quite lanolin thick and looks slightly milky white. I would put this on before going to bed, spread it all over my face so that i kinda bleeds out of my natural lip line so that it can fill all the lines and renew the outer lip part.

Ingredients list (not in order)

2-OCTYLDODECANOL
Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract
Ethyl Methyl Carboxamide
Bilberry Extract
POLYGLYCERYL-2 Triisosterate

Pros:
Moisturizing
put on at night, still there in the morning
lips are plumped (no tingling), lines are gone
not too sticky, not too runny
no migration even when used while sleeping
the smell
packaging is good (tube with slanted nozzle for messaging the lips)

Cons:
Price US$40 for 15ml, very pricey
if not used, the effects wear off

would i purchase it again? yes i will, but i will really be looking for good offers, cos this stuff is expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YSL Top Secrets is a really helpful product for my lips and contours! I've tried several different lip treatments (Dermalogica, Elizabeth Arden etc. etc.), but this one is really good stuff! I'm almost 36 years old now, pale-sensitive-tired looking skin, so my lips are not of the same shape as they were when I was a teenager ;-))) Express lines and so on... you know... I've used this shaper for about 4-5 weeks, and now I really can see the difference: My lips and skin in the lip-contour area are plumped so nice, looking much more younger, and even my strong express lines became less noticeable, just like they smoothed away! I'm so satisfied and happy with this product! And there is no any side effect, as that a lot of lip treatments have, like hair growth, allergy and so on... another good thing is that a little goes for a long-long-long way... Will repurchase! In spite of it's quite a costly thing... Love it!