December 20, 2014 | 865 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Ombre Absolue Minerale Ultra Lavandes Cold Harmony

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by elmira40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very bad quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a beautiful eyeshadow palette. The pigment is not strong, but you can build up intensity by layering. My favorite look is to use the silver on the inner half of the lid to open up the eye, then to mix the two mid-purple shades together on the outer corner. Then I take the dark purple which has a bit of sparkle, and take it into the crease. I use the khol Lavande pencil and rim the entire eye, then cover it with the dark sparkly purple. I think this would be flattering on any eye. I use the light pink khol pencil in the waterline. Beautiful palette!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review of 2011 spring collection "Ultra Lavandes" eyeshadow quad. First of all I must say that I love the packaging. It is a slim, black glossy case with gold butterflies and matte ribbon and Lancome logo imprinted on it. Looks really stylish and classy. But as far as the content is concerned I am safisfied a bit less. The quad consists of 4 eyeshadows, each in different hue and texture. Let me start from the bottom left and go anti clockwise. No 1 is a golden yellow with a lot of shimmer, intended to function as a highlighter, no 2 is the lightest shade of lavender, matte with the Lancome rose embedded on it, no 3 is the middle tone pearl, and no 4 is the darkest one, sheer with a lot of shimmer. When I was buying the product I loved the different shades of lavender and I knew I would never use the golden yellow. But it turned out it was the other way round. It actually looks just natural and nude, not yellow, but the problem is it is far too sparkly for everyday use. And unfortunately this is not the only sparkly eyeshadow in the box. So I'm about to come to my point. The problem with this quad is that while the colours are gorgeous and I absolutely love them the textures are totally wrong. I think that someone who designed this quad wanted to include too much in one box, and the effect is just the oposite. What I mean is that it is hard to give yourself a nice daytime look. The lightest shade is really chalky, dry and hard to use, I must admit I haven't found any use for it (I suppose it is not meant to be use since there's a logo on t). I love the middle tone, it's got nice creamy texture, pearly finish, applies smoothly, so I use it as my base colour. The last one is intended for contouring, the colour is right, but it's glittery so it kind of doesn't match the pearly one, and it is impossible to achieve a nice daytime look. Everything would be fine if this had the same pearly finish and if I wanted glitter I could always apply the golden shadow over the lavender. The final effect is that I'm planning to buy a purple MAC shadow for contouring, which should not be a case when you buy 4- eyeshadow set for about $60. Eyeshadow quads are supposed to be versatile, and with this one here there are 2 solutions: either you use each eyeshadow separately (no blending, contouring etc) or the only look you can achieve is the glittery party look.