April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide On Eyeshadow Pencil in Wasteland

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Tara24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like some of the other urban decay jumbo liners...but this one fails to work on my eyelids. It feels as if it is too dry to make a real mark. Not impressed with particular formula and color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by SoMohan12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! It gives such a dramatic effect as it goes on smooth. I love that I don't have to keep reapplying! It's great and for me, it's long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After one use, the inside of the pencil fell out. I was very disappointed after paying quite a bit for it. Once on the eye, Wasteland holds up beautifully under shadows but has a rather stiff texture, making it hard to blend. Although the color, pigmentation, and longevity are all outstanding, the price of the pencil and the quality are lacking too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by jrussell3419

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product when I bought it - great color that glides on and stays. However, the first time I sharpened it, it began to crumble and I cannot get a good shaped end on it. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by CombYourFace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I snagged this product during a 20% off sale on the urban decay website for 16 bucks. It does not crease, smudge, and it lasts all day. The shadow is very rich and creamy, you do not need a lot. The color is metallic dark brown with gold minuscule shimmer. The only con about this product is that it dries fast! So when applying the product onto the eye, you have within 20 seconds to blend it out. Other than that, I would purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this shadow pencil in Sin, and have been using it for months as both a shadow and an eye brightener on my waterline. I picked up Wasteland this weekend to use primarily on my waterline, but also for the occasional smoky eye. The first day I wore it, my eyes burned and felt dried out all day. Because I was also having allergies, I thought I'd give it another try this morning. Within 2 minutes of application, my eyes started to burn and water. I'm so disappointed! This is a beautiful color, and a great product for the price. There must be some difference in the pigments used in Wasteland that irritate my eyes. So it's back to trolling Sephora for a long lasting, highly pigmented liner for my waterline. But if you don't have sensitive eyes and want a less harsh look than using black liner, try Wasteland!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

I love the color... dark brown with little gold shimmery accents. It works well with my dark brown eyes. It does stay put as it promises... at lease longer than powder shadows I've tried. Still gathers in my creases though. But I'm happy with the staying power. I agree with another reviewer concerning the fact that it dries so fast that it's hard to blend. Perhaps that's why they sell a brush just for this product. Color doesn't fade. Perhaps if they made it a softer, creamier texture, we can blend it better. But that seems to be the only con because I can see myself buying this product again.Works well as a long-lasting eyeliner as well. Apply it along lash lines and it stays put all day without smearing or running.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

Hate to be a party pooper. I really did want to love this. But It dries so quickly it's impossible to blend. And this particular colour just makes my eyes look "grubby". Will stick to the superb 24/7 eyeliner pencils instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a few of these pencils and I love wasteland. I think the color is gorgeous and very unique. It's a dark brown shade with gold and greenish shimmer. What I love most about these shadow pencils is that they aren't too sheer after you blend them out. I hate it when I try to blend out cream shadows or bases and they get so sheer you can barely see the color. These are super pigmented and they glide on very smoothly. I think the color selection is nice but I would like to see some matte shades. I also think the price could be a little lower but I still will purchase more:) You do have to work fast with these though because once they dry, they will not budge. They didn't crease on my oily eyelids, but they did fade a little bit on the inner corners of my eyes after about 8 to 10 hours. btw I used it over TFSI. I hope this helps:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wasteland is, simply, a "must have" product in my books! It's one of UD's new non-creasing, waterproof, long lasting eye shadow pencils that works as an eye shadow on its own, as a base for other eye shadows (both to intensify their colour and to keep them from creasing or fading) and these also work as excellent eyeliners as well. I am seriously loving the 2 that I have (this one and Narc - a beautiful green) and plan to purchase more of these.

They do set quickly so you have to work FAST if you want to smudge them out (with a finger or a brush - UD has come out with a special brush for this purpose but, honestly, it doesn't seem all that great and any decent smudger brush or firm brush will do the trick). In this quick setting aspect, they are very much like MAC's Greasepaint sticks.

Wasteland is a deep, beautiful brown with a slight frost/sheen/metallic cast (all of the pencils have a frost to them but it's very pretty and, unlike some of UD's powder shadows, we're not talking big chunks of gravity-laden glitter here that ends up all over your cheeks). I took my MAC Dirty Greasepaint stick with me to see how close these 2 shades were and, while they were close enough that I briefly thought of not buying Wasteland, I was able to discern enough of a difference to justify purchasing this pencil. As I say, I think this is a must-have for just about anyone. It can be applied very intensely or applied more lightly and blended out (quickly) for a more subtle look. It even works as a crease colour...very nice and, if you blend it, it can be very soft and subtle, as I said.

I plan on getting a few more of these pencils, especially Midnight Cowboy (what a great way to get the lovely colour without the horrible glitter fallout), Rehab and perhaps one of the purple ones as well.

Do check these out. I think they are a great product! My only complaints (as I said in my review of NARC) have to do with the need to sharpen these (a twist up package, like MAC used and like Buxom has just come out with, would be so much better).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No