July 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by mannuke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

one of my classics. the packaging could be nicer, but it's the body shop... another downside is that my BF doesn't like the smell so I'll have to find another :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Lindo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like this, it's super moisturizing. Deffo the only lip balm I'll ever use, the only thing I don't like about this is that it leaves a little white cast but other than that I really like it. It has good ingredients in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by AbeerKhanF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

one of the best products of the body shop..i have so many backups of this.. n i keep one in my purse n in the kitchen n near my tooth brush. my lips have stopped flaking just bcuz of this stick..it has the same effect n feel on ur lips as a body butter. a regular use of it n a lip scrub once a week has really worked wonders for me.. i really like it n use it religiously under my matte lipsticks..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by ammzy8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being always in an air-conditioned environment, I have pretty dry lips that sometimes chapped, cracked and even peeled.

i have tried a number of lip balms and nothing works as great as this.

It not only moisturizes but i also notice that my lips color are more pink then it used to be and most importantly, the smell!! It is just the nicest smelling lip balm i ever smelled.

I don't know what kind of sorcery is this but it works perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by isabellaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it do his job: moisturize my lipstick. but the minus side is i turn out the smell of cocoa in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

a guy.. NO lipstick for me, but a coupl' good ol' lip balms are a must!!
I remember my lips cracking so badly when I was young that they would literally bleed every time. The problem was only resolved with regular use of a lip balm. Having to apply all year round I've tried quite a few, starting with the classic Nivean and ending with Quenched in the super girly-looking Maybelline Baby Lips line. But the Body Shop Lip Care Stick surpasses every single one!

I remember buying it a while back, finishing it up, and not repurchasing because the cocoa butter smell was just too much. Then I went back and started using it regularly since the smell didn't bother me as much. It moisturizes well and I feel good knowing that it has a very well put together vitamin enriched formula. It feels nice to know that I'm applying a product that will also help my lips in the long run. So, I always have a stick with me and when the Body Shop has sales I buy a couple of back ups. Also, being slightly different I feel like it complements the other products somehow.
I fully recommend this product

Since it does not contain sun protection, I can't use it during the day time. But I keep it handy for when I'm indoors or when it's already dark outside. It really is great, but I have realized that it does not moisturize quite as well as Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm. That one is a little unhygienic and too bulky to carry around so I keep it at home to apply directly after my shower in the morning and before bedtime. The Lip Care Stick is so much more practical for when I'm out. It is also great for conditioning my cuticles and for adding a quick layer of moisture on any dry spots.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Fonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Unfortunately, this product didn't help at all with my dry lips. While their Hemp lip balm is amazing, this is only a greasy film on my lips, but doesn't hydrate them at all. As soon as it's rubbed off, my lips are twice as dry.

No matter how lovely the scent, I wouldn't buy it again.

Also, I find this product to be way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by melodysparks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG product! I bought it on a whim after reading the reviews here, and am I happy I did!

Pros: -hydrates immediately
-no residue left over
-chocolate-scented
-barely any taste

Cons: -None!!

My lips are soft and moisturized immediately after application, and I can't believe the smooth texture of my lips. My previous favourites had been the Nivea essential and good old Vaseline, but I'm never going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have gone through 3 of these chapsticks and I love them so much! I use this 2x a day (once in the morning and once at night after I wash my face); they keep my lips hydrated and kissably soft. It doesn't have any taste to it, which I prefer in a chapstick and has a light scent that goes away. My favorite thing about The Body Shop is that all of their products are not tested on animals and it is a cruelty free brand with vegetarian products; however it's parent company L'Oreal does do animal testing. I would buy this again if it were a vegan product but since it contains beeswax it's only considered vegetarian which in my book isn't bad but I am trying to buy vegan products after I am done using all the products I have now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Oh my God. I'm so glad my friend told me to smell this thing when we were shopping at The Body Shop. This smells like real chocolate!! I was so impressed of how close this smell is to the real chocolate thing!! I instantly fell in love. They were having a sale when I visited the shop so I bought it for only 2,80 euros. I thought if it's not good I'm not gonna regret the money I spent so why not??!! I'm so glad I bought this lip balm. I was actually looking for a lip balm/gloss with a nice -natural, not cheap ,artificial smell- but I also wanted something that would be moisturizing. This works wonders for my lips,it is very moisturizing,it makes my lips incredibly soft and leaves them with an amazing taste!! Overall, it is very moisturizing for your lips,it,glides very smoothly,it is cheap,the tube lasts a long time and smells and tastes divine!!