Pixi Fresh Faced Healthy Skintone Booster, Peach

3.2

on 5/24/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This absolutely did nothing for my skin to look fresh/glowy. Although I have to admit, it's a nice moisturizer for my face. I got this really cheap at Winners for $5.99CAD. Will continue to use but will not re-purchase.

on 8/2/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically love Pixi products and sing their praises for the youthful, brightening effects, but I must say I was a bit disappointed in this tinted moisturizer. I have relatively good skin with the exception of a few flaws that need more coverage, but when I applied this to my face it did absolutely nothing for my complexion. No brightening, no smoothing out skin tones, very little moisturizing properties, and no coverage whatsoever. I never use foundation only Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer, which does the trick for me, but when I found this on clearance at Target I thought I would try it since I am an avid Pixi lover. At regular price this product is very expensive and there is so little product in the tube. Even if it were effective for me it would be gone in no time at all. My SK tinted moisturizer lasts nearly a year. This is in a very small tube, so I will make use of this when I travel, but I will never repurchase. I'll stick with SK tinted moisturizer. I guess if something's not broke, you shouldn't try to fix it!

on 2/24/2011 8:34:00 PM

So the circles under my eyes are new, and therefore I am new to under eye concealer. This was my first, (although I have purchased many since then).
The peach color and brightening power are awesome, so I really wanted to like this. But the texture is really glue-like, and it felt like I was trying to wax the wrinkles out. I used a smashbox primer, (which usually fixes the lines issue) a concealer brush, a blending brush..my fingers. Nope, nothing could get it to blend. It just stayed glue.
I have since tried many (my favorite TM is Laura Mercier, but her eye concealer was also a bit too stiff for me). Ironically, so far the best I have tried is covergirl ageless. Whatever.
But I do use this product as a brightener above the apples of my cheeks because there are no wrinkles there for it to get caught in and the color is pretty. Still won't buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw this at Target on Saturday and had to try it. I used it for an at-home Sunday look over a light application of moisturizer. I was impressed at how nicely it went on. It instantly blended in with my skintone and made my skin look radiant. I did not use any powder over it because it looked so dewy and fresh. It did not cover any imperfections but made me feel like, "So what, I look good anyway..." So, don't expect any coverage with this product. This would look awesome on someone with perfect skin. It's too expensive to use (IMO) as a primer. The next time I use this I will use some dabs of concealer, which I rarely use, around my nose and on the few spots I need to conceal.

on 1/5/2011 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I accidentally grabbed this instead of the primer and didn't realize it until I read the first review. I looked at the bottle and was surprised that it WAS NOT the primer. This is a moisturizing peach tint base and I love it! Since I thought it was a primer, that's how I've been using it, with no complaints at all. The subtle peach evens out my complexion and creates a perfect base for foundation. It's shear, some what mattifying and moisturizing because its chalked full of skin goodness. This is good for those that don't wear foundation as well. If I had decent skin, this would be all I would need. Of course in combination with the Pixi Brightening Peach concealer. That stuff is my HG. I went back and bought the actually Pixi primer, but I still reach for this all the time. Love it.

on 12/16/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's often hard for me to find flattering color matches, especially in foundations. For years, I've been trying to hunt down a good "peach" primer, because peach is the best color for neutralizing my winter sallow skin, and my melasma. I was so happy to see this, and it works really well. It's a gel-cream opaque liquid, with no glitter or shine, or greasiness. I can pull this off without additional foundation, and a touch of concealer, because it's very sheer and natural-looking. It doesn't add color, but it evens out skin tone, so I'm pleased with it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors