Model in A Bottle Long Lasting Eyebrow Sealer

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After a decade of overplucking (I came of age in the 90's when pencil thin lines were the norm), I am no longer brow endowed, needing to rely on pencils and powders to recreate what nature gave me, and I so callously tweezed away.

Several years ago I had a friend who, thinking himself quite funny, took it upon himself to lick his finger and run it down the front of my face, purposely smudging one artfully done brow. I screamed and ran to the nearest mirror to assess the damage while he howled with laughter. (What a jerk.) If I'd had Model in a Bottle then, who knows? I probably would have just kicked him in the teeth and gone on my merry way.

Anyone with oily skin and who draws in their brows knows the horror of catching a glimpse of themselves after a long day and realizing that their carefully sketched masterpieces have faded or smeared away, leaving dirty smudges where perfect arches should be. Well, suffer this indignity no more, because Model in a Bottle will change your life! No, seriously, it will - you can now get your face wet and not seethe with anxiety. You can go 16 hours to overnight to next face washing (providing you don't rub your face) and have perfect eyebrows! And I don't know about you, but I hated trying on clothes because what if my eyebrows transferred onto necklines, leaving me with a smudgy forehead? Good god, the horror.

What's great about this product is that it comes with two applicators: a spoolie for those with more brow hair, and a nail polish-like applicator for those who need more cosmetic help. I am of the latter group. Don't use too much or you will get a weird shine or flake situation - I always wipe each side of the brush down along the inner edge of the bottle to ensure that I have the proper amount of product.

I'm currently on my second bottle; the first one took about a year to finish with nearly daily use. If you use brow powder, you'll see sediment collecting at the bottom of the container. It can discolor the otherwise clear product, but if you store the bottle upright and don't shake before using, you will be fine.

Price per bottle is about 18$USD and I purchased via Amazon. I think that's an excellent price to pay for peace of mind. Want to run through that water sprinkler? No problem. Want to pull this sweater on over your head? Done. Want to fall asleep next to your date without waking up looking like a chocolate bar melted on your forehead? Go for it! See, I told you: life changing.

I've had this for several weeks and tested it out on numerous occasions so it's time for a review.

I have been using Tweezerman's Brow Mousse to lock my eyebrows in place. It works pretty well, but I was looking for something that was fully waterproof. I read a lot of positive reviews about this product and it is fairly inexpensive, so I gave it a shot.

This comes in a small glass bottle with interchangeable screw-top lids. One comes with a mascara wand attached to it and the other comes with a small brush. I like that they give you an additional applicator option. The product itself is a liquid. I found it difficult to get the right amount of product on the wand. After some trial and error, I figured out that you should scrape excess product on the edge of the opening and use only the residue on the wand. Otherwise, the product will drip and run and smudge your brow makeup (I use this over a tinted brow gel by Make Up For Ever). Excess product will also dry into visible flakes that can be hard to remove without messing up your brows.

Applied correctly, this does a good job of waterproofing makeup. I've worn it to the gym and on hot and humid days and my brows looked as good as new afterward. Be careful not to rub your brows, however as you might inadvertently "break up" the seal and cause flaking.

As you might guess, this product is effective, but fiddly to work with. I do like how much product you get, however. It is a bargain compared to other brow gels and setting products.

I have the type of natural brows that you dont' see when I take pictures. Very fine and sparse so I hardly ever leave the house without filling them in, even if I wear nothing else on my face.
This stuff isn't the easiest to get a hold of, I believe I purchased it from amazon but it has lasted me for about 2 years now and I still have about a third left (I use it everyday). I won't lie though, it looks a bit gross now.

This stuff is waterproof and sweatproof and I can only fully remove it using makeup remover. I've used clear mascara in the past and if you're just looking to hold unruly brow hairs, that's fine but if you're looking for your brow makeup to last all day, you need this stuff.

I agree with others, be careful not to apply too much. I use the spoolie brush (it comes with that handle and another one that looks like a nail polish brush which I never use) and I wipe the excess product off with the top of the bottle before applying it to my brows.

I will definitely repurchase after I run out.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product is amazing!!! It lasts me all day until I really scrub it off. After all day at the beach including going into the ocean, to the pool, the gym, in the sauna at the gym, or just on a normal day including in the shower, it still kept my eyebrows looking like how it was when I did my eyebrows.

Absolutely amazing. This is a staple in my beauty routine. I first prime my eyebrows with an eyeshadow primer (ELF or UDPP) then fill them in using Wet N Wild brow powder and a thin angled brush. I then immediately go over them with this eyebrow sealer (I use the brush that looks like a mascara spoolie). This stuff literally works wonders! My eyebrows stay in place all day, even through heat and sweat...they DO NOT budge. My only complaint is that I wish this were in gel-form instead of a watery liquid. It's very easy to pick up too much product because of how watery it is. But other than that, it's great!

If you're an eyebrow fanatic like myself, this is a must in your routine. My skin tends to get very oily in my t-zone which causes my brow products to break down and melt. This keeps my eyebrows looking fantastic from the time I put it on until I take it off 10-13hrs later! I have repurchased this six times now and a bottle lasts 4-6 months! Amazing!

I love this! The most effective product I've ever tried for long lasting brows. I use this with my shu eyebrow pencil, and it lasts all day, and still looks perfect even 18 hours later. I've even tried it in the pool (doing laps for 1 hour, with goggles on, taking googles on/off frequently), and was surprised to see that they had only faded by ~ 50%, which I think is pretty good. The only thing is you have to be careful about not using too much, as it'll look flakey and odd.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Eyebrows. I once had 'em. Was young and silly and plucked 'em. Now they're nowhere to be found.

I have to draw in my eyebrows every single day to look human. I used to use Benefit's Shelaq before it was discontinued. It wasn't the greatest but it was the only option that was available. I've used Model in a Bottle's Eyebrow Sealer for the past two years and it is amazing! I've been using the same bottle since day one and the formula hasn't morphed into a gloopy mess. I have extremely, ridiculously oily skin and this stuff doesn't make my eyebrows shiny and they actually last all day!

Also, if you order from their actual website (which I recommend) they offer the most amazing customer service. I emailed them with a question and they actually called me with the response and offered a code for a discount. I will continue to purchase this product over and over unless..my brows magically grow back..or it (god forbid!) is discontinued.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! I LOVE this product! I have to fill in my brows because they are sparse and my left eyebrow stops too short and doesn't extend to my inner eye (hair NEVER grows there, I don't know why!) so I am basically applying eyebrow makeup to bare skin in that area. This leaves a lot of room for smudging and fading. I prep my brows with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then I fill them in with either Maybelline Define a Brow or Anastasia Brow Wiz (both are identical, in my opinion). Now that I have been using Model in a Bottle, my brows last all day, through exercise, going to the pool, anything! I love that it comes with two different applicators. I use the brush to apply the liquid, then use the dry spoolie and comb the product through my eyebrows. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this product! It's wonderful!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is a great product. i've been using this for a month now and i can not live w/o it. once i seal my brows w/this my eyebrows are set until i wash my face. love it!

Popular Brows Products