September 30, 2014 | 1932 users online

Moisturizers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Shine Control Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a "morning burst" moisturiser similar to this one back in the day but the packaging was orange. Used it as a teenager.

Was a decent moisturiser and spf15 yet oil-free was good for my acne-prone skin (i.e., I don't think it made it worse). I did find it a little too fragranced and irritating. Also looked "glittery" on close-up inspection which I wasn't happy about.

I have a more basic (non-fragranced/non-glittery) variation on this now (Clean&Clear essentials moisturiser spf 15) that I prefer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this in the summer and got it at 5 below.... Didnt really control my oil all day... It's hard to say. But it was a great moisturizer!! I might repurchase...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by prcsillusion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is AWFUL. It smells terrible, kind of like a cleaning product, and it doesn't do anything for oily skin, in fact makes you oilier. If you genuinely have very oily skin, do not buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by vanysia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin has always been very oily so I have been looking for an oil-balancing moisturiser for a long time. I saw this product in Marie Claire's top ten moisturisers for oily skin and decided to buy it. It was very cheap as well! But unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with this product at all. Yes, it is quite moisturising, but that's it. After application my skin felt very sticky and that feeling didn't go away for another hour. It doesn't control oil whatsoever. After I applied it to my face it felt even oilier. The formula is quite heavy, I was expecting my face to feel fresh, but instead it felt more heavy... So yeah, I wouldn't buy this product again. I guess my search of a good oil-balancing moisturiser continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by trinigenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been currently using this product foe me the past year. It does leave my face soft when i use it. as for the shine control, it has reduce the shine on my face. and i have oily face.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cassarie2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for $3 at Big Lots and I really like it. I have oily, acne prone skin so usually I stray far away from any type of moisturizer, even though people say oily skins should use them. I've been using this as my morning moisturizer for a couple days and I've had no breakouts from it and my skin hasn't gotten any more oily. It doesn't seem to help a lot with shine control, but I didn't expect it to. The smell is nice, light and not overpowering. Overall, my face is glowing and very soft. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I'm unsure if this is even still made. I found it this week and bought it some time ago. It's a great daily moisturizer for even dry/combination skin. It gives you the right amount of moisture while controlling oil. It doesn't have anything in it that makes it feel greasy on your skin. The scent is clean and fresh, kind of uplifting. The bottle also locks and unlocks to prevent leaking. If they did discontinue it, it was a huge mistake. You cannot find good moisturizers like this one in the drugstore. I absolutely hate the feeling of a lotion on my face. With this one I don't feel anything or see any shine. It just looks like normal clean skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by blondex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for about $3 at Grocery Outlet, not expecting a whole lot but knowing I had to replace my Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer (makes me so greasy!). Despite the "citrus" smell of the C&C morningburst that reminds me of a porta-potty (it does go away after a while), I feel this does control oil as best as you can expect a moisturizer to do. It definitely dries down to a matte finish. It sits well under makeup. It comes with a pump which is great and you can twist it to close if you're traveling. This is a great product for the price and I would recommend it to oily skinned people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I came across this product on clearance at a drug store. It smells wonderful, and moisturizes really well too! I only rated it a 4 overall because I don't think it controls shine any better than a regular, oil-free moisturizer would. But I really like this lotion because it smells great, and it's in a pump-style bottle and you get 4 oz. in a bottle (it is much more than other face moisturizers!!).