Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo

3.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Algae Extract, Amodimethicone, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Phospholipids, Soy Amino Acids, Sodium Phytate, Polysilicone-15 Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Glycerin, Laureth-9, Caviar Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ascorbic Acid, Superoxide Dismutase, Polyquaternium-10, Trideceth-12, Tocopheryl Acetate, C12-13 Pareth 23, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Lauryl Alcohol, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Decyl Glucoside, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 3/29/2015 5:45:00 PM

shame review 0:00-1:13min of video

on 3/12/2015 12:26:00 PM

This shampoo was a huge disappointment. I have very dry highlighted hair that I need to get some moisture into. Based on the advertising--moisturizers, repairs and adds shine, I bought this shampoo. It did the exact opposite. My hair was not just drier but significantly drier, like hay/straw. And duller. Not only did it not improve my hair but made it worse. Suffice to say after two washes I stopped using this product (and the Alterna Anti-Aging conditioner) all together.

on 3/9/2015 6:15:00 PM

This was a nice, moisturizing shampoo that had a nice scent. I would use it again (if I got a free sample), but doubt I will be running out to buy it.

on 3/5/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this shampoo and conditioner in a kit as a bonus reward from Sephora.

I like this shampoo a lot. I liked how it left my hair feeling clean and shiny. I liked how well it lathered and I liked that I didn't have to use a lot or work hard to get the lather going. I liked how easily it rinsed out of my hair and I really liked how fresh and clean it smelled. And what I fell hard for was how clean it left my scalp. If I shampooed Monday I wouldn't have to shampoo again until Thursday. Gross to some, I know, but awesome news for others. What I don't like is the price. $40 at Sephora for 8.5 ounces? No. If it were $20 cheaper, this would be my favourite shampoo.

on 2/23/2015 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I did not like this shampoo at all mainly because it didn't do what a shampoo is supposed to do and that is clean my hair. No matter how much I tried to get this to lather it wouldn't which I kind of expected and that part was ok. It didn't seem to moisturize my hair at all either. The worst part is I went to brush/blow dry my hair after showering it seemed as if I still had product in my hair from the last time I styled it. Just didn't do what a shampoo should in my opinion and is therefore way over priced. The only positive I could find is that the smell reminded me of D&G light blue.

on 1/12/2015 6:17:00 PM

Sometimes we buy a product just because it has good reviews. But every Individual is different. Initially I gave this product only 2 star. What I failed to understand was that it is protein based shampoo and conditioner. So if your hair don't need protein you are going to wash and load up on it therefore as a result you end up with very dry hair.
Since then I have bought moisturizing treatment and am going to use this only sparingly as needed.
So my advice is to first find out what sort of product your hair needs before buying it.

So not worth it for my hair. I bought this in a set on sale after the SA highly recommended it. It was still pricey, but nothing close to the shock-inducing normal sticker price of $30 CDN each for small bottles.
The first use went well, but it was downhill from there. It made my hair dry, frizzy and less manageable. I have thick hair that is moderately damaged from styling, but easily smoothed with the right products. This gave me triangle head!
I do like the fragrance- sort of a blackberry mature fragrance like Armani Code. The last straw was when I used my husband's Head and Shoulders Damage Remedy set and it had WAY better results. Serves me right for straying from my beloved Joico Moisture Recovery line.

on 12/28/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is ridiculously expensive for a mediocre product to be quite honest. It's thick and creamy but I can never get it into a good enough lather and end up using too much too fast. I know sulfate free shampoos don't usually lather much but unlike this one, regardless of the lather, my hair would still feel clean at the end. It seemed to get worse the longer I used it, now the top of my hair just feels heavy and the bottom of my hair still feels dry and tangled. Very disappointed.

on 12/7/2014 9:06:00 PM

I didn't find this shampoo to be very moisturizing at all. And it's outrageously expensive. So no, I would not buy this again.
Moisturizing shampoos that I would recommend over this one are Philip Kingsley's Moisture Extreme, Joico's Moisture Recovery, Nexxus' Therappe, and Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration.
This is a perfectly fine shampoo, it cleanses nicely and rinses cleanly. But it costs $32. Definitely not worth it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The perfect shampoo!
For my nordic, highlighted, long fine, blonde hair this shampoo, with the conditioner in the same line, is perfection. I really like how my hair feels cleaned, soft and touchable, but not heavy - like many moisturing shampoos and conditioners can make it feel. It also keeps soft for some days. The price is high, but a bottle lasts very long because you only need a small quantity every time. I like the packaging. It stands upsidedown so you donīt have to shake the shampoo out. Higly recommended!

Top Rated Alterna Products