Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo

3.6

Water/Aqua/Eau, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Algae Extract, Amodimethicone, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Phospholipids, Soy Amino Acids, Sodium Phytate, Polysilicone-15 Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Glycerin, Laureth-9, Caviar Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ascorbic Acid, Superoxide Dismutase, Polyquaternium-10, Trideceth-12, Tocopheryl Acetate, C12-13 Pareth 23, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Lauryl Alcohol, C11-15 Pareth-7, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Decyl Glucoside, Dihydroxypropyl PEG-5 Linoleammonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was really disappointed with this product. I really like Alterna products and they are the only products I use for my hair. Since this is their most popular product, I decided to try it. I have very fine hair that is prone to breaking and is dry at the ends. I thought this would be moisturizing since it has the word 'moisture' in it. Well, it does the opposite. It is extremely drying. My hair looks absolutely terrible when I use it, all dried out and poofy hairs sticking out. It is volumizing but not in a nice way. None of my other alterna products have done this to me, they usually make my hair look really nice. The only way I can make this work is if I put conditioner all over my hair including scalp, and normally i dont need conditioner or only use it on the bottom half of my hair. Really disappointed with this, especially with the high price tag. Also, it has an unpleasant smell like some chemical cleaning product but luckily it disappears once your hair is dry. If you have a similar hair type to me I would recommend the caviar rx instant recovery shampoo, it is way better and the same price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is extremely coarse & thick, in addition to being slightly dry, color-treated, and heat-styled. I also just turned 40, so the anti-aging aspect appeals to me. I need color protection, moisture, and strength. I prefer sulfate free shampoos on my hair, and this fit the bill. The shampoo itself is a thick, creamy, pearlescent white liquid with a spectactular fragrance. Like a mixture of blackberries & cardamom. It smells incredibly luxe & delicious. The shampoo lathers well, unlike a lot of sulfate-free products, and you don't need much product at all. I find that it leaves my hair feeling clean, but it can leave my hair feeling pretty tangled if I don't comb through while rinsing. After conditioner, it feels great. I do think this could be a little more moisturizing, but it does the trick. If your hair is truly, truly parched, this probably won't be hydrating enough. On my slightly dry hair, it's fine. Upon blowdrying, my hair looks gorgeous - shiny, smooth & sleek. I definitely notice less breakage after using this, and it does help preserve my color. This is pretty pricey, but a little does go a long way. I would probably repurchase this.

I didn't find this shampoo to be very moisturizing at all. And it's outrageously expensive. So no, I would not buy this again.

Moisturizing shampoos that I would recommend over this one are Philip Kingsley's Moisture Extreme, Joico's Moisture Recovery, Nexxus' Therappe, and Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration.

This is a perfectly fine shampoo, it cleanses nicely and rinses cleanly. But it costs $32. Definitely NOT worth it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Some fancy lady left a half finished bottle of this shampoo at my friend's place. My friend dutifully used it up, and was so impressed she went straight to Sephora after finishing the bottle and, after a little initial sticker shock, repurchased. I'm a sucker for a word-of-mouth recommendation, so when I needed some new shampoo and conditioner, I purchased the Caviar Anti-Aging Duo at Sephora for the slightly discounted price of $54.

My friend has color treated hair and sort of oscillates between blonde and dark brown, so dryness is a huge issue for her and I think she really notices a difference with this product. My hair, on the other hand, is not color treated and stays pretty shiny and healthy looking as long as I condition, trim regularly, and use a low residue shampoo. However, I do get dry flaky patches on my scalp and I've noticed they have disappeared since I started using sulfate-free shampoos.

This shampoo kept my scalp feeling happy, and is probably the most luxurious sulfate-free shampoo I've ever used. It also smells delicious (like cardamom! yum!) but I'm still not sure it's worth the $27 price tag. You're not getting a lot of product. The bottle is also really stiff and it can be tough to turn the lid and squeeze out shampoo when you're all slippy in the shower. For $27, the packaging should be perfect and I think the product should be doled out a bit more generously.

I will be sticking to sulfate-free shampoos going forward, and I might treat myself to other products from the Alterna line in the future, but I probably won't try this particular shampoo again. I really appreciate the quality and luxuriousness of Caviar Anti-Aging, and Alterna's commitment to good ingredients, but while I'm happy to spend my dolla dolla bills on skincare, haircare, and makeup, the hair on my head is just not high maintenance enough to warrant a $32 shampoo that only lasts me three months.

If you have weak hair that is needs BOTH moisture and strength, like a lot of "aging" hair, this will improve your hair. If it is porous (dull, tangly, and probably frizzy) I recommend it. Basically if you have all-over problem hair due to aging or even heat damage, this is going to work!

For my mid-20's, my hair is overall quite healthy, it is just dehydrated and is very difficult to infuse moisture into it to penetrate it. My hair cuticle isn't significantly porous, and this is a moisturizing shampoo for hair that is quite porous. But just because it didn't work for MY hair type, doesn't mean it isn't an amazing shampoo.

Because this shampoo CAN transform and greatly improve the hair type that it advertises for (anti-aging) and would also probably be really good for heat damaged hair!

My only problem with this shampoo and conditioner is the scent. I know it is like a "caviar" or sea-mineral ingredient based line... but it smells a little fish-tanky. In my opinion, it smells like... wet dog fur. Not necessarily dirty/stinky dog -lol- just like, wet fur of a normal/clean house dog. It is distracting to me and I don't like it at all! That being said, no one else has ever noticed or been bothered by it.

Alterna products are very quality and effective! I would recommend this to others, even if it wasn't what I needed for my hair.

shame review 0:00-1:13min of video

This shampoo was a huge disappointment. I have very dry highlighted hair that I need to get some moisture into. Based on the advertising--moisturizers, repairs and adds shine, I bought this shampoo. It did the exact opposite. My hair was not just drier but significantly drier, like hay/straw. And duller. Not only did it not improve my hair but made it worse. Suffice to say after two washes I stopped using this product (and the Alterna Anti-Aging conditioner) all together.

This was a nice, moisturizing shampoo that had a nice scent. I would use it again (if I got a free sample), but doubt I will be running out to buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this shampoo and conditioner in a kit as a bonus reward from Sephora.

I like this shampoo a lot. I liked how it left my hair feeling clean and shiny. I liked how well it lathered and I liked that I didn't have to use a lot or work hard to get the lather going. I liked how easily it rinsed out of my hair and I really liked how fresh and clean it smelled. And what I fell hard for was how clean it left my scalp. If I shampooed Monday I wouldn't have to shampoo again until Thursday. Gross to some, I know, but awesome news for others. What I don't like is the price. $40 at Sephora for 8.5 ounces? No. If it were $20 cheaper, this would be my favourite shampoo.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I did not like this shampoo at all mainly because it didn't do what a shampoo is supposed to do and that is clean my hair. No matter how much I tried to get this to lather it wouldn't which I kind of expected and that part was ok. It didn't seem to moisturize my hair at all either. The worst part is I went to brush/blow dry my hair after showering it seemed as if I still had product in my hair from the last time I styled it. Just didn't do what a shampoo should in my opinion and is therefore way over priced. The only positive I could find is that the smell reminded me of D&G light blue.

Top Rated Alterna Products