January 26, 2015 | 1527 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ravi87

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sometimes we buy a product just because it has good reviews. But every Individual is different. Initially I gave this product only 2 star. What I failed to understand was that it is protein based shampoo and conditioner. So if your hair don't need protein you are going to wash and load up on it therefore as a result you end up with very dry hair.
Since then I have bought moisturizing treatment and am going to use this only sparingly as needed.
So my advice is to first find out what sort of product your hair needs before buying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2015 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Sweetcherry3

So not worth it for my hair. I bought this in a set on sale after the SA highly recommended it. It was still pricey, but nothing close to the shock-inducing normal sticker price of $30 CDN each for small bottles.
The first use went well, but it was downhill from there. It made my hair dry, frizzy and less manageable. I have thick hair that is moderately damaged from styling, but easily smoothed with the right products. This gave me triangle head!
I do like the fragrance- sort of a blackberry mature fragrance like Armani Code. The last straw was when I used my husband's Head and Shoulders Damage Remedy set and it had WAY better results. Serves me right for straying from my beloved Joico Moisture Recovery line.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is ridiculously expensive for a mediocre product to be quite honest. It's thick and creamy but I can never get it into a good enough lather and end up using too much too fast. I know sulfate free shampoos don't usually lather much but unlike this one, regardless of the lather, my hair would still feel clean at the end. It seemed to get worse the longer I used it, now the top of my hair just feels heavy and the bottom of my hair still feels dry and tangled. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I didn't find this shampoo to be very moisturizing at all. And it's outrageously expensive. So no, I would not buy this again.
Moisturizing shampoos that I would recommend over this one are Philip Kingsley's Moisture Extreme, Joico's Moisture Recovery, Nexxus' Therappe, and Herbal Essences' Hello Hydration.
This is a perfectly fine shampoo, it cleanses nicely and rinses cleanly. But it costs $32. Definitely not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by theresececilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The perfect shampoo!
For my nordic, highlighted, long fine, blonde hair this shampoo, with the conditioner in the same line, is perfection. I really like how my hair feels cleaned, soft and touchable, but not heavy - like many moisturing shampoos and conditioners can make it feel. It also keeps soft for some days. The price is high, but a bottle lasts very long because you only need a small quantity every time. I like the packaging. It stands upsidedown so you donīt have to shake the shampoo out. Higly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by AuntMeg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do dissapointed in this. After droping $65 on the Shampoo and Conditioner, I've used it for a week and my hair is *drier* that it was a week ago.

It is supposed to be a moisturizing S/C combo, but it leaves my hair with that hyperclean kind of state that some volumizing formulas do.

I normally use Bumble & Bumble seaweed, but wanted to try a sulfate free shampoo and something that is a little more mosturizing for the cooler dry fall weather.

Not worth the money at all. Tossed the conditioner and using up the shampoo now as overpriced body wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by emem054

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo and Conditioner. Just for a quick background, I have dry, damaged hair that's going through texture change due to pregnancy (yay!). I got a deluxe sample of this set at Sephora and I loved using it! Every time I used it, my hair was faster drying, softer, and shinier. It also had a bit more body without drying my scalp too much. I felt the scent was not overpowering, but pleasant. I think the only downside to this set is the price. I am going to purchase the set the next time I run out of shampoo and conditioner, and I think the real test is if I am willing to buy it again after that! But, for now, this makes my damaged, unruly pregnancy hair tame and soft!

Pros:
+ Paraben, Pthalate, and Sulfate free (plus some others I cannot remember)
+ Makes my hair soft and manageable
+ Smells nice

Cons:
- High price

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Meech25

I was sick of all the shampoos in my shower so i took my mom's out of her bathroom and tried it. I thought i was using moroccan oil volume shampoo..but then my mom mentioned she had refilled that old bottle with the caviar shampoo.
I could not believe how soft and smooth my hair felt!! I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It produces a gentle, creamy lather that really cleans my hair. At first, I used too much and my hair was very squeaky clean feeling in the shower. I now use a nickel sized amount on my long hair. My hair looks very healthy and has good shine. It doesn't dry out my hair and my hair dries soft. It has a chemical like lemon scent, but it is tolerable. I bought the travel size from Ulta to try it out. It was about 11 dollars for the travel size since a regular bottle is about 27 bucks-33 bucks at different beauty supplies and online. Pretty steep but well worth it for me next time when I get the extra cash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a travel size of this on a whim, mainly because I was trying out the conditioner (separate review). My hair is naturally curly, dense, thick, coarse and very long (mid-back), my ends are dry but my scalp is oily. Moisturizing shampoos usually leave my scalp oily so I didnít have much hope for this, but I absolutely love it! It really deep cleans my scalp of any build-up and oil, but leaves the hair so soft and shiny. I wish this didnít cost do much, but a nickel-sized amount works into a good lather that covers my entire scalp. The fragrance is a clean, light citrus scent that dissipates quickly. The little travel tube lasted a long time, but I have already purchased the full-size. The cap of the full-size bottle is odd, you twist, upend, and then squeeze. Thankfully, itís a spill-proof cap, but it does require two hands; and the bottle itself is very skinny and so I can squeeze it one-handed. Still, I love this shampoo and will continue to buy.