July 29, 2014 | 1979 users online

Polishes - L.A. Colors - Metallic Polish Series Color Craze

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by xxjustsomegirlxx

I have mixed feelings about this one, lol.
Tried the metallic silver polish. It's a pretty shimmery silver, and you can't beat the price of one dollar.
As with most of the Color Craze polishes, it does take 2-3 coats to get even coverage. It dries fast and has some great staying power, even through doing the dishes and housework.
That's also where the problem is.
This polish- O...M...G... it would not come off!!!
I used acetone remover- barely took off a layer. I spent over half an hour power-scrubbing my nails with remover and cotton balls before it finally all came off. I even considered trying to sand it off somehow, lol. Seriously. Jeez.
So if you need a polish to stay on forever... and ever... and ever... here's the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by unicornlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got metallic blue and it looks amazing! I think there's a color for everyone in the metallic series. Also, it's a good price too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Unicornfield

I think the magenta L. A. Colors polish I have is from this group.

I haven't had it on long enough to tell if it chips or anything like that, but I'm not into the colour at all. The polish is runny, which isn't a really bad thing but it makes it harder to control where it's going. The main problem I have with it is the colour itself though. It's very bright. This one was given to me. I don't think I'd buy the brand myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this in "Metallic Silver" and it is just that - a light, metallic silver tinfoil color. It is very shimmery, and goes on almost opaque with one coat, but is completely opaque in two. This is great on its own, but I also paired it with Essie's "Set in Stones" which is a chunky silver glitter, for a super silver sparkly look. This was as cheap as it comes, at $1, and I've had this for at least two years, and it hasn't dried out at all. I painted my nails with this 3 days ago and so far there is no chipping or flaking of any kind. From my experience, L.A. Colors are great quality for their price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by robinia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the LA Color Craze polish in silver for a dollar. It's thick and creamy and covers in 1 coat! I will definitely buy this line in other colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

where have all these cute little things been all my life? colors are fantastic, consistency is a bit runny (need to apply 2 coats) but... they are dirt cheap! I got 6 bottles for $9.
I'm wearing the metallic purple now, and it looks very pretty on me.
Planning to get some more bottles already tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

4 for $3? Awesome deal! The colors are great, and the formula is smooth. I only wish they put out more than one set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This set is seriously one of the best nail related purchases I’ve ever made. I cry for all you ladies who missed out on this limited edition CVS set and a little bit for myself because I wish I would’ve picked up a few more of these $2.99 sets of four.
The teal and pewter/silver color are similar finish – both very metallic, nearly chrome-like. Two or three layers each yielded perfectly opaque and even coverage of these two – no brushstrokes! The teal was simply amazing! I don’t even like teals, but it is quite a stunning bright smooth teal. The silver was a little less exciting as it’s a pretty common nail polish color, but the exact same beautifully metallic look.
The magenta and purple are both jellies loaded with blue and magenta glass flecks. They’re thinner and sheerer, as typical jellies – so I had to use three to four layers to achieve the perfectly opaque coverage I prefer. The received a couple of compliments on the magenta – because although it’s kind of a “safe” manicure and pedicure color, the jelly and sparkle flecks really do take it to a whole new level. And it’s a eye catching bright color without being garish. The purple is more blue than red, but I would describe it as a medium-deep purple with as many layers as I applied. Really pretty and apropos for the fall. I will say that these twos have really converted me into appreciating jellies! I was strictly a full-on shimmer or glitter girl, but these two have a lovely subtle glisten to them with the jelly base.
All of these wore just s well as any pricier nail polish brand/line. With your basic base and top coat – wear was a few days on nails, a week or two on toenails.
I really highly advocate trying to swap for these if you can, as they are no longer available. Seriously one of the best nail polish purchases for the price point!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by DollFace0011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

PURCHASED AT: DOLLAR TREE

J’ADORE
1.COLORS:
A. White- A dark white that would be good for an all over shade or good to just use on tips.
B. Silver (Live) - Gorgeous metallic silver color with sparkles.
C. Pink-Is a salmon/ pink color, I find this color to be more matte than metallic, nothing special.
D. Green/ Blue-A beautifully multi dimensional color.
E. Clear-Good as a base or top coast. Works very well.

JE DETESTE
1. LABELING: It’s irritating to not be able to find labels on the actual polish. The packaging labeled the shades but who keeps packaging? Ugh.

2. CONSISTENCY: Is a little runny but the colors are vibrant and the standard two coats with a top coat should be adequate.

BUY AGAIN? Yes for dollar good color payoff.

RECOMMEND? Yes, recommend for anyone who just wants to experiment or have a pop of color. I do find some of the colors in the line look flat almost matte with no sheen and some others are too funky of a shade. Most of the color’s lean toward being more metallic and bright, so not for the timid. Great summer shades. I usually use these colors on my toes rather than my fingernails because these colors are very bright and metallic so not appropriate for work.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ggslancaster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an LE set, spotted in Sept 2010 in US drug store chain CVS, for only $2.99 for 4 polishes in 13 ml bottles. The individual polishes are not labeled with names. I’ll call them fuchsia, purple, watermelon green, and silver.

The formula is a little runny, and slightly thin, like other “3 free” formulas, but I had no problems with application. Two coats will be fine for most I think, although others may prefer 3. The fuchsia is my favorite color, closely followed by the purple. The bright pink fuchsia color has a jelly consistency and a glass-fleck shimmer with a very glowy look. A bit of VNL (visible nail line) with 2 coats if I looked closely, but 3 coats, or a denser base coat would take care of that. I don’t have anything similar in my collection, but it reminds me of the OPI “Summer Flutter 2010” collection Wing It, without the duochrome quality (don’t have the OPI to swatch next to it unfortunately).

The purple looks similar in the bottle to the fabulous LA Rock Star “Groupie”, and I did swatch them together (see picks-----Groupie is on my thumbnail.. the purple is on my finger). Groupie has a little thicker formula, and might be slightly more blue-based.

The silver was not brushstroke-y, and has a soft metallic foil finish. I’d call it a more cool, grayish silver, than some I’ve seen.

Overall a nice group of colors for the price!