July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - TEINT RADIANCE Radiance Enhancing, Flawless Foundation SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HOLY GRAIL foundation for the Summer!!! It's lightweight and the coverage is great. It's buildable and doesn't oxidize on my face. I am a MAC NC25-30 and #7 is the perfect shade for me when I get a bit darker in the Summer time. It's super comfortable on my skin and I love it. I don't feel like it's clogging my pores at all. I hate foundations that feel so heavy. This is totally worth the price. It's sad that they don't make this foundation anymore so I use mine sparingly. I use my Shiseido bb cream under my foundation and I honestly only need 2 pumps of my ysl foundation over it to give the perfect coverage I need. This foundation never broke me out like others I've tried. I've tried MUFE HD foundation and you can honestly feel the difference on your skin, how heavy the MUFE one is and how light and airy the YSL one is. Definitely my go to foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

I really like this product - it's very light and matte and it feels like you're wearing nothing. BUT, the smell is horrendous. When I'm wearing it throughout the day, the perfumey smell gives me a headache. It's so overpowering and gross.

Amazingly, no joke, the Clinique Even Better foundation is literally on par (texture and coverage wise) to this YSL foundation. Also, it's $50 (in Aus) which is significantly less than the $80 price tag. Clinique even better is seriously identical except there's no smell.

If you're like me with relatively good skin, who likes a matte finish and something that doesn't feel so heavy, without the price tag of YSL, seriously get a sample of clinique even better and try it out. But if you like it for the YSL brand, buy it but for the sake of your friends and family, wear it where no one has to get a sniff of that weird fake perfumed smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it these days. My opinion is that it's an excellent foundation. If you blend it nice, your skin looks perfect. And if you wear it with the YSL Matte and Pressed powder, you'll see miracles happening. But won't purchase again. My skin is too oily for this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by givemesometruth

I love this foundation. Over a year passed since I bought this foundation and Teint Radiance never disappointed me. It provides a perfect natural look, not too matte, not too bright, it's just the glow of a real skin. I love how the shade #4 seems made to measure for me. I never need to use a face powder with this foundation, even on the hotter days. The coverage is really adjustable: I usually pump two drops of it, but eventually I use three instead a concealer and it works well. Doesn't transfer and doesn't oxidize. For me, Teint Radiance is a true Holy Grail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

This has to be one of the worst foundations I've tried. While it did not break my skin out, it was very thick and mask like. The first day I wore it when the temperature warmed up -- yikes!!! It separated all over my face and disappeared in spots. I headed to the mall the same day to find something else. Oh, Im a NC43 in MAC and wore #9, which was a touch too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by BonitaY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite foundation.
It makes your skin look really healthy, soft and smooth, while it doesn't cover up too much. I have freckles and I love that this foundation doesn't cover them up, it just makes your skin look perfect and even.
It has some light enhancing pigments, but it doesn't make you all shimmery at all. It just gives you a nice touch of radiance.
Another good thing is the spf 20 that protects your skin.
The only negative thing I can think of is the package. Seeing as it is a little expensive it would have been nice to use all of the product, and when it's a pump, you obviously can't get it all out.
It's not really a biggie though because a bottle usually lasts about 6 months and I use 2 pumps every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

The name sounded so promising, but unfortunately the closest shade to my skintone (Gold Beige) is not yellow enough. If you have neutral coloring, this will probably be the right shade for you. I'm currently using a sample and love the consistency and coverage of this foundation, and the fact that it has SPF 20 in it. My skin looks even and glowy, but unless YSL issues additional shades, I will not be purchasing this because there are other lines with more yellow-leaning shades that are more flattering for my skintone. Also, I found the scent to be overpowering at first, but it does dissipate pretty quickly so at least it doesn't linger all day.

For reference, I wear NARS Alaska/Punjab, MAC NC30, Shiseido O20, BE 1.2/2.0 light and I have combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like that it has a pump and is easy to apply but this foundation just doesnt work. Light to medium coverage which is what I needed. But it has a very fake powdery finish. Just looks bad on my dry skin. Settled into the lines unde my eyes too. It did even out my skintine like all foundations do but at 52 dollars, you'd expect MUCH more. Didn't really make me look radiant either. It just sits on your face.. Save your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I said I would purchase again, but probably won't. However, it's an excellent foundation, and worth checking out .... so I am not ruining the repurchase rating.

First, what I like:

--color blends beautifully, evenly, and flawlessly with little effort.

--light to medium buildable coverage. If you need opacity, you may not find this suitable for your needs.

--great wear time.

--easily retouched without appearing mask like, cakey, or chalkly.

--great color choices, but you can probably be one or even two shades off; a very forgiving formula.

--no breakouts, not pore clogging, no irritation of an kind.

I took off a lippie for two reasons: 1) Packaging. First, the mechanism isn't great for getting the product out, as others have noted. It's an all or nothing deal. And, the cap does not twist off, so there is no way to open the container to get the product out, or to get the last remainder out with a Q-tip. I care about this at 50 dollars an ounce. Too much remains in the bottle for YSL to seal off consumer access to the product. (Seems to me a sales ploy, but I am jaded.) 2) The finish is good, but there are others I like more, In short, I don't find it all that "radiant," more like really great and natural. Lancôme's Rénergie Lift still has my favorite finish. While it doesn't lift, there is a satin finish to it that I find really flattering and appealing.

The finish on Teint Radiance is more like "YSBB"; I didn't find it to be really satiny or extraordinary, rather, its unique in its sheer naturalness and flawlessness, which is nice but not exactly as advertised, no real luminosity here. Much more like great skin than adding any extra ooomph factor.

Or that is how it seemed to me.

Great product to have on hand, especially if you're a product s/lut and get bored easily; however, I still prefer the Lancôme Rénergie for when I want the extra polish. The YSL Teint Radiance has been my daytime wear for a bit now, and it is great for that purpose.

Edited to add: I see that someone wrote that this stuff melted off during the summer. I have been using this during the winter, but I can see this easily happening, as it has provided a flawless if natural finish during the winter, when my otherwise combination skin is just appalling dry during the radiator months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by scanmike

My daughter purchased this for her upcoming wedding and I loved how it looked on her. Her skin is flawless and young so wasn't sure how it would look on my large pore skin. I tried it today and it looks so natural and feels like you have nothing on. I hate foundations and usually just use Jane Iredale pressed powder. I also have Clea de Peau and La Mer , but this definitely looks flawless. I find the other $$$ ones tend to show my pores and sometimes the Clea de Peau looks cakey. I used this with their primer and I feel so much more confident about my skin.
Edit: 11/24/11. I applied this myself without the pore minimizer and it still looked great. It doesn't emphasize your pores at all. Initially I applied it sparingly and I thought I needed a bit more coverage (especially for my daughter's upcoming wedding). So I put some more on and it looked flawless (for me)! I highly recommend and I know that I would never have looked into this brand had the makeup artist pulled my daughter aside that day for a free makeover.