OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress

4.5

on 8/30/2015 5:10:00 AM

I wasn't planning on getting this polish at all, as I thought it was overhyped, but a friend gave me a miniature bottle. Having tried it for myself I will definitely be buying the full size bottle. It's such a classic must have. Typical OPI quality - easy to apply and lasts well.

on 8/26/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Five stars for I'm Not Really A Waitress. There's not much more I can add to the description of this polish that hasn't already been said, so I'll skip that part. I will say though that red is my favourite colour and I have loved it my entire life so believe you me I know the colour red in all its various nuances. I have several red polishes in my collection (cremes, frosts, sparkles, jellys) that I chose quite carefully and I have scrutinized and passed on many, many more. If I had to choose my two favourites they would be OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress and OPI Red Hot Rio. Take it from an expert on the colour red, if red is your favourite colour too you will love this polish. It's dark and mysterious and simply superb.

* Crazy side note - I was inspired to write this review because I made red velvet cupcakes yesterday and I couldn't help but notice what a lovely complement my manicure in this colour was to the cupcakes... oh the joys of life!

on 8/2/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

INRAW is a slightly frosty, deep red which is considered to be one of OPI's classic colours and has a cult following. I love the colour and find it to be worth the hype. The slight frostiness makes the colour unique and it is a red wine colour which would be flattering on many skin tones. It has excellent lasting power. It applies like a dream, reaching opacity in two coats. Worth the hype!

on 7/16/2015 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I WANTED to love this red because it is one of the most talked about reds of all time.
However, for some reason this polish turns out way darker on me than in pictures/in the bottle/on others. It is almost a "muddy" red, with hints of brown. It isn't a bad color, but it wasn't what I was hoping to get with I'm Not Really a Waitress.
The wear time on this is good, especially with proper topcoat and basecoat.
I like this polish and will wear it, but I probably will not repurchase.

on 2/16/2015 8:07:00 PM

This is a perfect red. It is deep and shiny, easy to apply and dries very quickly. It is a polished, classy, work appropriate colour. It looks slightly frosty in the bottle, however does not apply frosty at all. I love this colour and would recommend to anyone, I truly believe any skin tone could pull it off! A true classic worthy of its stellar reputation.

on 2/8/2015 2:07:00 PM

I have re-purchased this more times than I care to remember.
Wears great, applies just fine..no complaints!!
Such a great red. I think almost any skin tone could wear this!

This makes you feel beautiful and sexy and confident, and is just a great, great color. I can get close to a week before it chips.

For a red, I think this is actually pretty neutral red, even though it does appear to be a cooler red than an orange red....Just a very classy, classic shade!!
I have tried many, many, many reds, and this is still my fave.....even after all these years!!

on 12/31/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wore this for Christmas. I like the color a lot. I thought it was really flattering, and I normally don't try wearing red polishes. It just kept chipping! I was touching it up every night. Initially, I used my OPI top and base coats, but I was lazy after that and just used my Sally Hanson quick dry. I've been hearing great things for years about this color, so I'm not sure if I maybe just got a lemon.

on 12/7/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the cult classic OPI polish that many people think of when they think of the brand. It is a dark cranberry color with a twinge of magenta and a hint of shimmer but not actual discernable shimmer flakes or glitter pieces. It's a wonderful winter/holiday color and despite it's deep pigmentation, does not become muddy with multiple coats AND flatters against pale skin (like mine!) too.

The formula is typical OPI. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly with no bubbles and lots of shine, and lasts nicely. You might need two coats to get totally opaque with this color but you could probably get by with one. No overly strong smell or other issues.

on 11/12/2014 11:18:00 AM

To me it looks somewhat like wine/burgundy/cranberry/red cherry/ruby plus the added shimmer.. very retro... 70`s looking and under certain lighting it has a pinkish/magenta cool undertone. I dont get the cult status/hype of this but perhaps it has a universal appeal to all skin tones. It looks kinda vampy given the dark undertone. I would use this for the fall/winter,holiday season which is around the corner. Frankly, i still prefer OPI Big Apple Red. I feel it looks more classy. There are so many dupes out there and i wouldnt re-purchase if i ran out. But im glad at least i tried it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this color! It reminds me of Essie's 'Scarlett O'Hara' except this one is a tad darker. The formula is a dream as is usually the case with OPI. I wore this one for about 6 or 7 days and it didn't chip or start to look dull. Out of my entire collection of polishes, I have probably worn this one the most.

Top Rated OPI Products