April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Polishes - OPI - I'm Not Really A Waitress

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't say I'm much of a fan. This color is a cherry red with subtle shimmer in the bottle, but on me it comes across with slight magenta tones, like its not a true red color and was cheaply made. I have to use more coats than should be necessary to get rid of the magenta tone so it's a cherry red. I love OPI polishes because most last longer than say a Sally Hansen polish, but this one chipped right away and because I need more coats than necessary, it takes forever to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

My all-time favorite pedi color, especially for the fall & winter. This is a little too shimmery and loud on my fingers, but I LOVE it on my toes. The formula is great with good lasting power. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

One word: meh. And that's because the color isn't at all what I expected, nor is it particularly unique. All the swatches I have seen of this polish show a vibrant, deep cherry red. What I get after two coats is a dark wine, sort of a muddy shade. It's almost like it's a different polish. My local Target just started stocking OPI----only a few basic colors----so I wonder if this is an old bottle that's undergone color changes.

The formula and brush are excellent, but I'm as disappointed with this iconic polish as I was thrilled by An Affair In Red Square.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've worn this color for years & it's one of my faves! I always get complimented on it. I truly don't think these pictures on this site show how dark and pretty it really is. In the pics it comes off lighter. This is a quality polish that barely chips. The color is very universal & just lovely. This would look great on any skin tone! I'm just in love w/this & will always repurchase it as long as they make it. It's a perfect, deep burgundy red! Beautiful in person!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Benjamien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The finish is pretty,has a duochrome effect to it,red sparkles in cranberry polish,BUT the color is not very pretty and does not look good in my olive skin, but it is so longlasting ,OPI is great

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Ellie424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This polish lives up to its reputation. I think it's a great option for people who prefer cool toned red. It has a pretty shimmer. It has the quality and longevity I expect from OPI. My bottle was a little thick when I received it, but that is probably because I bought it online and the color has been around for so long. Nothing that thinner couldn't fix.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by summergirl8830

I don't really get the hype with this product. While the formula was amazing, the color just didn't work for me. It was a lot more vampy looking than I thought, and even though I'm a huge fan of red nails, I just don't like vampy nail colors on myself. This could be because I have long nails, so this color kind of made me look like an evil witch. I think short nailed people would probably like this polish better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ebonykeys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the perfect red for nails! Looks good on most skin tones and I've received so many compliments. I keep going back to this colour even though I've got tonnes others.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jadeymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok now don't get me wrong, this is a very nice polish... But that's just it, it's just...'nice' I dont find it amazing, or gorgeous or anything special really... So I don't really understand its cult status... I bought this polish after reading so much about how it's the most amazing red ever, the most popular opi of all time and I was pretty disappointed... I have tried much nicer reds than this... For example I absolutely adore Big apple red and Malaga wine by opi. (I know they are completely different types of reds but they are something to rave about) I'm not really a waitress is a so-so polish... The medium red shimmer is ok... The wear is ok (about 4 days) and the application is ok (not the easiest polish I've worked with, not the hardest) I'm wearing this polish right now and it just doesn't excite me the way others do... It doesn't give me that "can't stop staring a t my hands" feeling... But that's just my opinion I guess :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can see why this is one of OPI's most coveted polishes. This cranberry-ish red is gorgeous with its threads of shimmer and it just GLOWS. The formula is top notch; it looks good after two coats and dries quickly. Many other reviewers mention that it's the perfect red for fair skin and I couldn't agree more, even if it's not my personal favorite shade of red. I'm Not Really a Waitress is the perfect fall and winter holiday red.