July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Pro 1875 AC Motor Dryer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the orange blowdryer. Ive had this for a year now and i love it. I love the settings on it with different speeds and heat options. I have thin hair so it only takes me a maximum of 5 minutes to blowdry my long hair (chest length). I have not experienced any split ends from using this dryer. The only negative aspect of this dryer is that its comparably heavier to other blowdryers ive used.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Elianawho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this hair dryer about 4 or 5 years ago, and it worked great the entire time until I returned from Paris after using it (successfully, albeit very hot!!!) there. When I tried to use it at home several days later, it seemed as though there were power, however it smelled as it were "burning", and the barrel of the hair dryer got VERY hot. I tossed it, and went and bought the same exact model (different color), because I love it so much, and it is such a great deal for the quality level ($30). Next time I travel abroad, I will probably not take this hair dryer and purchase one specifically for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Suzie2013

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This hair dryer works well, has adequate heat settings and power levels, however, I think it's the cause of making my hair look frizzy on top. My hair is wavy, but I can scrunch it and make it curly. I have always used Conair hair dryers in the past and they really do last quite a long time, I mean for years of using daily, and none have turned my hair frizzy like this one does. I let my hair air dry, using the same hair products as I would using the hair dryer, and it did not turn out frizzy. This lead me to conclude that the frizziness is attributed to the hair dryer. It does take a little bit longer to really get hot, and there isn't a cold temperature setting, like other models have, but it does have a button for a blast of cold air. It is heavier than others, but I have gotten used to it-I guess my muscles have gotten stronger using it! It is also louder than I would have liked. What I really like about this hair dryer is that it has a removable vent to enable you to easily wipe away dust build-up on the air vent. That was a great design idea. Overall, it is worth what you pay for it, but I probably would not buy it again mainly because of the frizziness it is causing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great dryer but couldn't make this work on my curly hair. I loved the root boost but the way it concentrates air up the hair shaft makes the curls frizz. It was a little loud & heavy, if I'm being picky. It is fast though!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Kazelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I went out and bought this model yesterday I hadn't read the reveiws here or I probably wouldn't have but after using it for the first time today I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed with the results so far. My hair which has been going through some rough times lately after a spell of hard water damage, is now incredibly soft and silky. I noticed immediately as I was drying my hair that I had almost no static and my hair actually felt thicker. I can't stop touching my hair it's so soft. The dryer was a little louder than I expected, louder than my last model but I can live with that for the results. This is not as light as my old dryer but not what I'd calI heavy. I love the heat settings, it certainly got hot enough for me and I found I preferred the warm setting. I haven't tried the diffuser so can't comment on that but I love the direction attachment. For now I'm very happy and my hair feels and looks much healthier.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

DO NOT BUY THIS BLOW DRYER.

I just purchased this dryer in March 2012. Despite some reviews stating its copper coils making the motor die out faster, or something like that (science isn't my thing) I bought it for the decent price and nice aesthetics.

Fast forward June 2012. Mere months. It just died. Out of no where. Of course while I had wet Aphogee Protein Treatment on. I'm not even a frequent blow dryer, by the way -- maybe a few times a week, if that since I have a lot of hair, and I wash it infrequently.

Thank you for nothing Conair. I learned my lesson and will be upgrading to a better brand tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by spaceykatie

I've had this dryer for about a month now. I recently spent 4 months in Italy where the wattage that comes out of the outlets is much higher than in the states, so the hair dryers were all very powerful and got very hot, something I loved. Drying my hair went so fast! When I got back to the states my hair dryer just wasn't adding up so I bought this dryer to try and replicate the dryers in Italy; the motor is supposed to make it extra powerful to speed up drying time. Happily, this dryer does just that! The air speed is powerful enough to cut drying time down. What it doesn't do, though, is get very hot. Overall, though, I am pleased, and so far it is definitely worth the $30 price tag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this hair dryer because mine died on me suddenly one morning and I needed a quick replacement and didn't have time to go to Ulta and really search for one. I fell for the Jonanthan Anton endorsement on the box and the special AC motor. I paid $40.00 for this, plus tax. It dries my hair and it is lightweight. Other than that, I hate it. The two concentrator attachments make drying my hair more difficult because they're so narrow, it doesn't seem to get as hot as my other 1875 dryer did, and I feel like it takes longer to dry my hair now. It's only worth about 10 bucks, and when it dies I will be very happy. I am thinking of purchasing another hair dryer and keeping this one as a backup. I don't recommend this at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sbarboza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The reason I like this blow dryer is that it doesn't get so hot that it fries my hair. It's dry and damaged enough from heat styling so I'm trying to only use tools that go easy on my mistreated hair. It's extremely light weight and comes with a concentrator with really helps.

I bought this at costco for $14 and I'm really happy with it. (So far, after reading some of these reviews I am now a bit nervous.) But I would recommend, at this price point you can't go wrong and you won't have to because this is a quality dryer. (While it lasts!)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by incoehoots

This thing is loud, doesn't get near hot enough even on the hot setting. I wish I had saved the box to take it back. Please don't waste your money.