August 29, 2014 | 896 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smokey Shadowblast-Bronze Fire

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm one of the few people who actually like this. That's probably because I don't really use it as a dramatic eyeshadow, more of a highlighter for eyes. It goes on very, VERY sheer, and the lighter colour is perfect for just giving a hint of light and brightness to your eyes, a nice natural glow. It makes me look awake, and refreshed, and the colour is a very nice light neutral champagne gold, not too yellow. The best place to apply it is the inner corner of the eyes, and the brow bone. Seriously, it makes ALL the difference. I wear it everyday. I then use a normal powder eyeshadow for more definition.

I don't really use the darker colour, though it's a very nice shade of bronzey-brown, that I feel has a got a slight purplish sheen to it. Again, this is very sheer, and comes as very natural. Sometimes when I'm lazy I'll use it for a little shading. It's perfect for days where you don't really want to wear makeup, but need some anyway because you'll look like a zombie otherwise haha.

This eyeshadow cannot be used for really defined or dramatic looks, it just is not heavily pigmented or have fantastic staying power. I have oily lids, so by the end of the day, even with primer all that's left is the nice light shimmer, and very little colour. Actually, it goes on so lightly you can barely see it to begin with anyway. But since I use this as a highlighter for a nice glow, the colour doesn't really matter.

The plastic packaging is crap, I used to carry it around in my purse, and the covers cracked and pieces broke off within a few weeks, so it always falls off. I now leave it at home. The same thing happened to my second one, even though I left it on my makeup table. It gets rattled around in the little holder I keep it in, and even that cracks it up -.-

Yes, I will keep repurchasing this! It's so cheap anyway, and a little goes a long way. Mine lasted me for about 10 months. Stay away if you're looking for pigmented shadows, but if you're looking for something that gives you a natural and subtle glow, this is it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by EMMER79

I bought this for $2 basically just to try it to see how it worked for me, hadn't read no reviews or anything just bought it because it was 75% off at my drugstore I guess it is getting discontinued Now that I tried it I see why this product literally burn my eyes out, I put the second skinny part as a eyeliner then on my bottom waterline, it burned so bad, I washed it off immediately my eyes still watered and burned,I don't know what the ingredients in this is but it is unsafe for eyes, this is coming from a person that has tough eyes, nothing hardly burns, waters or irritates my eyes but when something does, it burns badly.I am calling the company tomorrow to tell them which they probably won't care probably why they are not selling it anymore, but BEWARE even if I see this product out on sale for a penny I won't buy it my eyes is worth more than trying to use this product, my sister said to give it to her if I wasn't going to use, I said no way I am trashing it but she insisted that she have it, it did the same to her she didn't even put it nowhere near her water line because she don't even know what waterline is but she said her eyes watered and burned all day long,even if it didn't burn it don't even stay on as a base, like another reviewer said go buy nyx jumbo eye pencils they actually work w/out burning your eyeballs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Had this when it first came out. Not the best cream e/s out there (ever heard of MAC Paint Pots and Maybelline Color Tattoos?)
Price: ~$8 CAD
Pkg: e/s breaks off easily
Colour: beigey brown and bronze
Pigmentation: medium
Texture: creamy
Has zero staying power even w/UDPP. Doubt it'll last with MAC PP or Maybelline CT

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This sure was a waste of $7.84. I've been wanting to try the Shadow Blast for months so I finally broke down and got one. Within a short time after applying it, I noticed the shadow was creased and looked terrible. I'm disappointed. Don't they test stuff before putting out in stores to sell???

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by HeidiF69

*Gone in 60 Seconds* The shades are gorgeous and work well together from what I can remember. By the time I applied my lipstick, my eyeshadow was gone. My lids are dry, and melting or creasing shadow is usually not a problem. As the other reviewers said, the texture is too slippery. It needs to dry more powdery to work. It's such a shame, the colors in this one are so pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I dont know how Covergirl could possibly expect this product to work on its own. It has a lipgloss like consistancy (as one viewer pointed out) and I have super dry eyelids, wear a base, and top this with a pressed powder, and it still creases like mad.

As a base, this is okay, but your better off just purchasing NYX jumbo shadow pencils, they are cheaper, and have a lot more product, as Covergirl shadow sticks both are flimsy, and offer very little product.

I found the colors themselves to be rather pretty, they were both rather shimmery but a nice color combination, but that doesnt matter because it is impossible to pair these on their own.

I once tried the lighter end as a face highlighter, it didnt stay on though.

I cant believe that stupid article in a magazine with drew barymore where they claimed all she was wearing was the shadowblast when she had on at least sevral different shades of plum AND her eyes were lined with black liner. If you are able to get any sort of a look it creases within seconds!

Don't purchase this- try liquid shadowblast it works brilliantly and gives the same shimmery effect...seriously your better off buying kids glitter than this shadow stick crap!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jane90210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Long story short, this product is god awful. An earlier reviewer described it best in terms of consistency: it's like lip gloss for your eye lids. It really never feels dry. It's almost greasy, and even when I try to blend it in, I end up with sparkles and a smudgy, ugly mess all over my hands and my face. Now I have this terrible product that I will never use as intended - I'll probably only use the "Step 1" half as a colour base. What a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by emilyheartsmakeup

I don't know why people give this product pretty low rating. I love it! It works great and its so easy to apply to me eyes. The only con is that the eyeshadow stick broke only one side though, but it is still useable. It could be a little cheaper too, but other than that it seems to be great. It makes my eyes really pop :) it looks good and its annoyingly sparkly or chalky. It stays on and works. I recommend it! I use it everyday. It really is a great product! LOVE THISS!! :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

This is the best ShadowBlast of them all. The one side is copper bronze and the other is a light champagne-tan. I apply the light shade all over my lid, browbone and inner corners (by the tear ducts)... Then apply the copper color on my lower lashline and smudged towards the end of my upper lashline. Then, I go over my top lashline with a brown gel liner. It looks gorgeous for an every day look. Because I dont put the colored side all over my lid, I dont have any creasing. I was wearing this for weeks and I stopped when I noticed it irritates my eyes badly! Every day at some point my eyes would continuously burn and get watery. I had to discontinue use of this product. I now only use it for a brow highlight. If it didnt irritate my eyes, im pretty sure I would still wear it. It made doing my eyes in a rush very easy and quick!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by glossygirl47

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh. What a disappointing product. Very little color payoff and it is smudge and crease city!

But the kicker, for me, is the packaging. After sitting on my counter, encountering little more wear-and-tear than general usage, the capes cracked and the sticks broke out of their bases, rendering them completely unusable. Avoid this one!