July 23, 2014 | 1070 users online

Mascara - Une Casual Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had previously purchased and loved UNE's All In One mascara, which gave me quite dramatic lashes, so thought I would try their Casual Volume mascara for days when I wanted a more simple look. I am really pleased with the outcome.

If you are considering purchasing this, be aware that the emphasis of its name should be on "casual" rather than "volume", as it really doesn't plump my lashes up a great deal. I like to use it as part of a natural make-up look, when I don't want my eyes to look overdone. It separates my lashes beautifully, giving me a clean, wide-eyed look.

The brush is a classic spiral mascara brush, and although the mascara formula is nice and thin, I do have to work the brush through a few times to ensure all lashes are covered. I get no clumps from this mascara, and if by any chance any gets on my eyelids by mistake, it wipes off very easily once dried (if it is still wet it smudges).

I never experience any flaking from this mascara, even though I often wear it from early morning until late at night. Overall I prefer UNE's All In One mascara, but love Casual Volume for a more natural look and so will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very long lashes which should be a blessing. It can be a curse in today's world of fake lashes and volumising and lengthening mascaras. It's hard to find one that just plain, simple and black.

I love this mascara. It goes on smoothly, doesn't clump and lasts all day. No annoying flakiness and claims to condition the lashes which It seems to do.

No problem with smudging and it doesn't irritate my contact lenses. Comes off cleanly and easily with an oil free eye makeup removee.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

From Une, the new eco friendly natural organic range in Boots and Superdrugs, this mascara is 1 of 3 (other two are all over and lengthen and care). This mascara is a volume and care one that comes in black and brown. It's not super volumising, especially next to my diorshow, but you'd expect this from a natural approach range. Considering it's 100% from natural origins this mascara is actually quite decent, I've had no issues with staying power, it was contact lens friendly and it feels less heavy and flakey than my diorshow that sometimes irritates me. I used to use the longcils bonzca cake mascara for it's natural lash friendly formula but found it a hassle to use the cake and water technique, so I'm pleased to have found an alternative in a wand and bottle format. One con is that it takes a little while to dry so sometimes when I first apply it ill smudge it when I blink/sneeze or something just after. Gotta give it like 2 minutes of being careful.
If you're looking for a mascara focused on big volume, this isn't for you, but if you're looking for something nice for your lashes that's noticable volume, then check it out.