October 1, 2014 | 1941 users online

Eye Shadow - Fyrinnae - Arcane Magic: Velvet Vampire

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, holy grail eyeshadow here! Photos don't really seem to do it justice. It's an incredibly sparkly chameleon, flashing burgundy, gold, and pink shimmer. I swear I even see a shimmery orange tint in it sometimes (my eyes are a golden/orange-y shade of brown, so maybe it's just pulling that way on me). But honestly, I could see Velvet Vampire working with any eye color and skin tone. I haven't tried using it without Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy as a base, so I'm not sure how well it performs otherwise. It's so velvety-chic and affordable, and a little seems to go a long way. To me, this is absolutely perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by xajaso

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What other reviewers say is true: this shadow refuses to be photographed, and looks different to and on everybody. All I know is that when I wear it, my blue-green eyes pop from across the street, and every time I've worn it, I am stopped and asked about it by friends and strangers alike. On me I get ruby, copper, violet, and pinkish tints, depending on how the light hits it. It is super enhanced when used with the Pixie Epoxy. VV works with golds, taupes, (of which Fyrinnae has many excellent versions), purples, greys, blues....it is a chameleon. On my teenager's brown eyes and next to her caramel skin, it is equally stunning. I am a big fan of Fyrinnae products, and this is one of my faves. Little is required. It will last a long time, and samples from Fyrinnae are cheap and quite generous. I ordered my full size after trying this once and noting the reactions I got. Also works on lips! There are some great Fyrinnae based tutorials on YouTube, many of which feature VV. See for yourself. A+++

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bee-yoo-ti-ful! Burgundy to gold duochrome with pink glitter. I use this with a short stiff flat brush with a sticky cream base, and it works great. Not any more difficult to work with than any other loose shadow. I find it has enough golden highlight in it to keep me from looking sickly when wearing it. My favorite Fyrinnae shadow so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dope. Gorosheeta got closest to the true color description: looking through a lit-up ruby. It's very complex and photos don't do it justice (seems to be a trend with the Arcane Magics as I have a few). The price is incredibly low for the quality; although it has mica in it, it has excellent staying power and amazing pigmentation. It works best used over Pixie Epoxy and adequately over Primer Potion/Shadow Insurance (with more fallout) while refusing to stick at all on bare skin.
About the packaging. There aren't many ways you can store loose powder, so the screw-top pot is alright-- the issue is that screwing and unscrewing it is a bit jerky as the lid catches in places and makes me nervous about spilling the eyeshadow. Still, the formula is killer and I will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by napkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

sparklebomb city. the color to me is like a muted burgundy that flashes silver sometimes with a butt ton of pink and red glitter. very, very pretty but im not so sure it suits my skin tone very well. as far as the quality, it is great like all of the fyrinnae i have tried. i said no to repurchasing just because i am not a fan of the color with my skintone. but thats the point of the minis right? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by gorosheeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Imagine holding a ruby necklace in front of a candle, and seeing the light through the gem. That's Velvet Vampire. It is at once sultry and luminescent, shadowy and gleaming. It looks great paired with lighter colors (I love it with RHE) and as an ingredient in smokier looks (blended out with Ultrasuede). Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The description doesn't fit on how this shadow looks on my eyes. But they are correct in saying the velvet vampire refuses to be photographed lol. Ive tried & tried to get a good pic but its close to impossible (atleast with my camera)! Also like the site says, each shadow is going to look different on each person.

This is described on the site as a crimson that flashes gold to a red firey phoenix red, i like another review on the site didn't get red at all but i did get a nice burgundy-ish crimson that has purply/pink glitter in darker light then it flashes to a goldish in sunlight. Reguardless the description on the site its a beautiful color & lasts pretty long, but gals w/ purplish under eye circles beware because it makes them even more noticable.

NOTE:I used shadow dry over TF primer & epoxy, will update after i try it wet.