September 17, 2014 | 2095 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by delfina

Lately my hair (ends) has been feeling like straw. Very, dry, brittle and with no shine. I have never had this issue before, and I have started cutting my hair more often because of this (and conditioning more and more with this hair butter). The other day I started thinking that maybe this hair butter could have something to do with it, and I entered MUA to have a look. This hair butter is the one thing I have changed in my hair routine the past 10 months, and I believe after reading what others write that this is really what is destroying my hair. I do not recommend it at all - since it dries out and destroys your hair. Its the worst hair product I have ever used. I will never use this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sabina16

I bought this product with high hopes as I always had a good experience with this brand products, but this time it was a complete waste of money. It doesnt fulfill any of its claims for me, after using it my hair is more brittle, dry, unmanageable ...basically make it as bad as a dry straw. I have used hair masks from schwarzkopf and are much much better than this.

Will never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by nippydips

no no no no no , this is just a no on sooo many levels! I got this as a sample, when I opened it was like some porridge like, chalky mix of half hair butter and half... I dont even know what. Anyway, I applied that ish to my hair and.... nope nothing happened. Didnt feel moisturing to my dry ends, nor did it smell nice, it smelt like some chemical dishwasher soap or whatever! Never buying it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this product at TJ Maxx for 3 or 4 dollars and at the time it seemed like it had the potential to be a good deep conditioner. The thick cream/butter is contained in tub and the instructions would indicate that it acts like a deep conditioner.

The first couple times I used the product I followed the instructions and found that my hair didn't feel ultra moisturized. I gave it another shot, but this time using a lot more product and thoroughly coating my hair since I thought I just hadn't used adequate product initially--big mistake. It left my hair tangled, waxy and feeling even more dry then before I had conditioned. I should add that I have curly hair that demands moisture so I generally don't have a problem with conditioners being too heavy, but with this product I felt it did little conditioning and instead left a waxy/drying film on my hair. Scent-wise, I was somewhat indifferent towards the scent which was not my favorite scent, but also wasn't terrible.

Overall this is a no-go for my hair. However, if you do use this then less is definitely more!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a treatment or mask I believe. I got this as a sample and liked it enough to buy the one jar. It has a nice scent and after washing it off, my hair was actually soft and smooth. I have not had luck with other treatments and want to get this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by joana7

I've recently taken off a couple centimeters from my hair so the ends feel healthier than before but nevertheless my hair is naturally dry and VERY prone to breakage so I need to pamper it all the time.

This hair mask comes in a tub which I think is not very practical but that doesn't really put me off using it.

Texture is nice and creamy. Not overly thick but nevertheless a little difficult to spread. I apply this product as indicated on the packaging. Less is more with this mask, especially if you have fine hair. Start with a small amount and then apply more if needed.

I don't really feel a lot of "slip" when the product is on my hair but it's quite decent at detangling and my hair feels soft and moisturized when I rinse the mask off! Once my hair is dry, I can't really stop touching it because it is so soft - as soft as it can be as its natural texture is somewhat similar to that of barbed wire ;)

The scent is OK. Can't quite describe it but it's not my favorite type of scent. It doesn't linger so much on hair though.

This mask has no silicons, no parabens and no colorants. I've been trying to stick to natural products and I am glad I purchased this one. Because it has no silicons, this mask is particularly suitable if you use no-sulphate shampoo.

Even though I'm not really sure how well this mask performs on hair that is very damaged, I think that it is a very nice treat for hair that needs pampering. Even if your hair is very damaged you can use this stuff instead of your normal conditioner, you are sure to get an extra moisture kick. Or maybe use it as a weekly treatment and leave it on for longer than stated on the instructions. 15 or 30 mins should do the trick.

And lastly, the price is reasonable! Especially considering that this product does not have all the nasties that regular products do.

I will probably repurchase.

EDIT: Do NOT use this hair mask as a regular conditioner if you have fine hair! I've recently used this hair mask instead of conditioner on my two last washes and it feel very heavy on hair, it actually felt like build-up, which is strange because this stuff does not have 'cones in it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

this is terrible! had a sample from the body shop and used it after 2 months. when i peeled open the sample, the "butter" was already all chalky and white. i can't apply it to my hair!!! ok, so i tried to and there was no difference to my hair AT ALL. plus, the smell was just strange. sure, the sample was 2 months old, but i dun think hair butter is a product that expires in a matter of months right?!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by fluffypint

Although the instructions on the actual product says that you must use it like a conditioner (after shampoo, then rinse it out), the sales associate at the Body Shop told me that it is actually a leave in product. I personally found it very nice! My hair felt light and bouncy afterwards. I have a combination of oily hair near my roots and dry hair at the bottom and this product was fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this product has too much olive oil or something, as it just leaves my hair greasy and heavy. It's not so bad if I only use a little bit on the tips of my hair and wash it out quickly, but how fun is that?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by iKissingTheLipless

First of all, the directions in small print on the bottom of my jar say to put this on towel-dried hair and leave it in. It doesn't say that it is a conditioner, so I'm not sure why so many people assume that it is. It says "Hair Butter" on it, and it seems way thicker than even deep conditioners to me. So anyways, I apply about a nickel-size amount to my medium/long, dry hair and it makes it shiny and detangled! I also think that it smells AMAZING and the smell lasts in my hair. I think it is a great price also, since you are getting so much product.