April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this product at TJ Maxx for 3 or 4 dollars and at the time it seemed like it had the potential to be a good deep conditioner. The thick cream/butter is contained in tub and the instructions would indicate that it acts like a deep conditioner.

The first couple times I used the product I followed the instructions and found that my hair didn't feel ultra moisturized. I gave it another shot, but this time using a lot more product and thoroughly coating my hair since I thought I just hadn't used adequate product initially--big mistake. It left my hair tangled, waxy and feeling even more dry then before I had conditioned. I should add that I have curly hair that demands moisture so I generally don't have a problem with conditioners being too heavy, but with this product I felt it did little conditioning and instead left a waxy/drying film on my hair. Scent-wise, I was somewhat indifferent towards the scent which was not my favorite scent, but also wasn't terrible.

Overall this is a no-go for my hair. However, if you do use this then less is definitely more!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a treatment or mask I believe. I got this as a sample and liked it enough to buy the one jar. It has a nice scent and after washing it off, my hair was actually soft and smooth. I have not had luck with other treatments and want to get this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by joana7

I've recently taken off a couple centimeters from my hair so the ends feel healthier than before but nevertheless my hair is naturally dry and VERY prone to breakage so I need to pamper it all the time.

This hair mask comes in a tub which I think is not very practical but that doesn't really put me off using it.

Texture is nice and creamy. Not overly thick but nevertheless a little difficult to spread. I apply this product as indicated on the packaging. Less is more with this mask, especially if you have fine hair. Start with a small amount and then apply more if needed.

I don't really feel a lot of "slip" when the product is on my hair but it's quite decent at detangling and my hair feels soft and moisturized when I rinse the mask off! Once my hair is dry, I can't really stop touching it because it is so soft - as soft as it can be as its natural texture is somewhat similar to that of barbed wire ;)

The scent is OK. Can't quite describe it but it's not my favorite type of scent. It doesn't linger so much on hair though.

This mask has no silicons, no parabens and no colorants. I've been trying to stick to natural products and I am glad I purchased this one. Because it has no silicons, this mask is particularly suitable if you use no-sulphate shampoo.

Even though I'm not really sure how well this mask performs on hair that is very damaged, I think that it is a very nice treat for hair that needs pampering. Even if your hair is very damaged you can use this stuff instead of your normal conditioner, you are sure to get an extra moisture kick. Or maybe use it as a weekly treatment and leave it on for longer than stated on the instructions. 15 or 30 mins should do the trick.

And lastly, the price is reasonable! Especially considering that this product does not have all the nasties that regular products do.

I will probably repurchase.

EDIT: Do NOT use this hair mask as a regular conditioner if you have fine hair! I've recently used this hair mask instead of conditioner on my two last washes and it feel very heavy on hair, it actually felt like build-up, which is strange because this stuff does not have 'cones in it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

this is terrible! had a sample from the body shop and used it after 2 months. when i peeled open the sample, the "butter" was already all chalky and white. i can't apply it to my hair!!! ok, so i tried to and there was no difference to my hair AT ALL. plus, the smell was just strange. sure, the sample was 2 months old, but i dun think hair butter is a product that expires in a matter of months right?!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by fluffypint

Although the instructions on the actual product says that you must use it like a conditioner (after shampoo, then rinse it out), the sales associate at the Body Shop told me that it is actually a leave in product. I personally found it very nice! My hair felt light and bouncy afterwards. I have a combination of oily hair near my roots and dry hair at the bottom and this product was fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this product has too much olive oil or something, as it just leaves my hair greasy and heavy. It's not so bad if I only use a little bit on the tips of my hair and wash it out quickly, but how fun is that?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by iKissingTheLipless

First of all, the directions in small print on the bottom of my jar say to put this on towel-dried hair and leave it in. It doesn't say that it is a conditioner, so I'm not sure why so many people assume that it is. It says "Hair Butter" on it, and it seems way thicker than even deep conditioners to me. So anyways, I apply about a nickel-size amount to my medium/long, dry hair and it makes it shiny and detangled! I also think that it smells AMAZING and the smell lasts in my hair. I think it is a great price also, since you are getting so much product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have a great track record with conditioners, but I have to say I'm suprised by all the negative reviews. Its not slippery at all so it does feel different than most conditioners, but a lot of that 'slip' comes from chemicals that don't necessarily do anything for your hair. I don't find it to work better or worse than any other product I've used and the fact that it's a little more natural and doesn't have paraben or sillicones in it gives it a boost over the competition IMO.

I like the smell, in the shower it's a little strong and kind of air freshener-y, but once it's rinsed out it's really nice and reminds me of something I can't quite place. I would buy again but not at full price, which is easy as the body shop does lots of BOGO deals and promos.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by beccioxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the first time i used this product i loved it. however, after using it a few times i've noticed that my hair has started to become waxxy, i don't know if this is a common problem with the product but i like to use a lot of conditioner to make my hair soft and shiny, however i found that you use too much of this product and no matter how much you wash it out, there is always a waxxy, greasy feel to your hair.
the smell isn't that great and it's way to overpriced for the quality of the product.
the packaging is also quite ugly and bland.

i would not use this product again and nor would i recommend it to anyone.

one good thing, however, is that it is a good de-tangler and after using it I found that it was easier to brush through my hair, as it's quite thick it needs a lot of attention when washing so that it's not knotty when i dry it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

UGH. This is absolutely TERRIBLE. By far the worst product I have ever used on my hair. It does nothing for moisture, and when you rinse it out, it feels like you just shampooed. It actually leaves my hair feeling worse than before. It never rinses out, so the buildup dulls your hair. I can't stand the smell. It runs out in a single use if you have long hair like me, and it just.. ugh. I HATE it.