Stila One Step Correct

2.9

on 5/11/2015 7:37:00 PM

This was one step that did not correct. Generally, I don’t have “troubled” skin. I’ll occasionally have redness around the area surrounding my nose or break out from hormones or react from a new skincare product. The pros of this “serum” is that it’s lightweight and didn’t leave my skin feeling oily. Don’t be nervous about the triple color swirl – the color doesn’t appear on your skin. I quoted “serum” earlier because I’m not if that term is fitting for this product (on the bottle, the name included - "skin tone correcting & brightening serum"). I feel like it’s a makeup product and not a skincare product and I lump things labeled “serums” into skincare. In regards to covering up redness, concealing blemishes, improving skin textures, & filling in pores, I felt like my regular BB creams were much more effective combating these issues and is a more convenient/quick-fix/all-in-one for my type of skin.

The main reason for returning this item was because it didn’t mix well with the foundations I currently own. I also had primers, blurs, and other products that performed better separately than this product that's supposed to be a “primer, color-corrector, brightener and anti-aging skincare." I tried multiple combinations and gave it a good run, but to me, it didn’t show stellar results and would have caused more issues with my current makeup products, so it wasn’t worth it to keep (with a 20% discount). I’d much rather spend my money on targeted makeup/skincare products rather than those that try to accomplish too many issues.

on 1/18/2015 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This broke me out, didn't like much about it except for how quickly it set in to the skin. Not very hydrating, not worth the money.

on 1/7/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product because it looked really nice in the bottle, and I thought that the variation of colors would work together to blur the imperfections on my skin. Realistically, I think that it didn't do much for my skin. It did make my skin feel smoother before putting on my foundation, but it did not help the foundation last longer or control the oil on my skin. Also, I think it might have been irritating my skin because I started to break out on different areas of my face after using it.

The packaging is ok, it's a plastic bottle with a pump, which I do like because it's more hygienic.

on 1/6/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry/to normal skin and I sometimes get oily around my nose but that's all. THis primer has lasted me 6 months I think and I've used it probably every time I've worn make up!

I apply one pump all over my face, which is usually more than enough. I allow it to dry for a couple of mins and then apply my foundation (NARS sheer glow, L'Oreal true match or MAC studio fix fluid).. I think this definitely helps my make up last longer and without it I feel weird applying foundation straight to my skin.

The 3 colours do some colour correction but not a lot. When I first used this I noticed a difference, but I think my skin has become less red so the primer doesn't need to colour correct a lot. If you're looking for something to colour correct your skin, I would try a single colour primer rather than this.

Overall I really love this primer, it doesn't make my skin feel dry or sticky, nor does it have a silicone finish (yay!)

I'm coming to the end of this primer and deciding whether to buy another or try something new!

on 12/20/2014 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wear Stila's foundation and only used moisturizer beneath it but I began to notice how my make-up seemed to be holding on for dear life by the end of the day. So I wanted to get a primer that would help with redness, discoloration, and make my foundation last longer. This primer didn't seem to be doing much at first, but the more I used it the less I began to notice the imperfections in my complexion. It does a great job at evening out skin tone and goes on smooth. The texture is creamy and it doesn't have a strong scent which is good because I have sensitive skin. It is a bit thicker than I'd like it to be and if I don't dot it around my face it is hard to spread. Overall I would recommend this for people with normal or acne-prone skin, but if you have dry skin, like I do sometimes, it would be best if mixed with a simple moisturizer as it doesn't have the most hydrating consistency.

on 11/1/2014 3:08:00 PM

I have very dry skin. On top of that, I somehow had dry patches that hurt! Allergies? I went to Sephora with the intention to buy Smashbox's primer. The sales person stated Stila's the better of the two. She gave a sample of both and told me to try both at home doing and using everything that is the same. Smashbox had a more silicone texture. Stila felt like a moisturizer. Then I used my Urban Decay Naked #4 foundation. Worked well with both. Both covered my pores quite nicely. By late afternoon, it was the foundation with Stila that lasted the longest and into the night. It also covered a tad of my redness but it moisturized my face the best. Clear winner and now my holy grail.

on 10/18/2014 10:18:00 AM

a little goes a long way, one pump is more than sufficient for my face, I have rocesa and while this primer doesn't fully neutralise the redness it helps tone it down & even out my skin. It feels very hydrating putting it on & absorbes into my skin beautifully, the perfect buddy for my foundation & bb cream, the product is in a clear tube so you can physically see how much you have left!

on 9/16/2014 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I will finish this bottle but not repurchase. It's fun to look at and use, but performance is lacking. My main complaint is that it causes my foundation to "pill." I end up having to brush little balls of makeup off my face. This may be because I use a liquid-to-powder foundation, though.

on 7/31/2014 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't normally go for a 'moisturizing' primer as I am an oil slick, but this has been great for me. I find that it does even out your skintone, and it adds a wonderful brightness to the face. I like to wait a couple of minutes for this to settle into the skin before applying any other face products as it can be abit sticky. This hasn't made me oilier, and this has prolonged my makeup. I also realized that with this primer, I've skipped the foundation and only spot-concealed instead. The price isn't too great, and I find that this product can run out really quickly if used on a daily basis. Anyway, great gimmick, and it actually works (to a certain extent). I also look forward to putting this on as it feels heavenly to mix all the three colours and rub this into your skin.

on 7/1/2014 1:15:00 AM

This primer was recommended to me by the staff at Sephora, as I have dry skin with mild redness and a huge newly acquired purple two inch bruise due to fillers. This was recommended as a primer due to its moisturizing qualities and because we are dealing with several coloration issues. The MUFO Full Cover Concealer, Benefit Lemon AID Correcting Primer and Este Lauder Double Wear are layered for full coverage but are more matte in finish. This primer, in addition to Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream act as a counter balance, offering a moist look with real staying power. The result is full coverage that does not look cakey and stays put!
Prior to this routine I was able to attain full coverage but within a few hours the creamy textures allowed everything to slide disclose the bruise. In the end I am not sure which of these products is doing the most work, but am grateful to feel confident that I can return to work and not look as if I am wearing a mask. Although wearing multiple layers of coverage, my face feels and looks soft and natural.