October 21, 2014 | 2157 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Freelove

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 5:49:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd never need another UD neutral-ish shadow after I bought the Naked palette a few years ago, but Freelove proved me wrong. It's a beautiful peachy-gold on me, which is great for an all-over wash of color, as part of a summery shadow look, or as a blush. I tried to find a less pricey version, but nothing came close enough on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Starlajean12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Such a fun color. It really is beautiful! I like to use x on the lid, baked in my upper crease and this in my deep crease. It's a versatile color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by KittyCarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So pretty! I love all urban decay eyeshadows, they apply so beautifully and so easily. But not only is the quality fantastic the colour of free love is just GORGEOUS

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this to,go over my rubenesque paint pot from Mac. When I was in the store it looked pretty close to rubenesque.but when I got home and put then side by side the freelove is more pinky. But they pair beautifully together

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh.
My.
Goshness.
This is the prettiest shadow I've ever seen EVER! The color reminds me VERY VERY much of NARS Orgasm, and so I can use it both as a blush and an eyeshadow for a much cheaper price than the original.
The UD eyeshadows are known for being very buttery, soft, and velvety to the touch. They blend well and are easy to apply, easy to mix, and easy to blend, and come in a range of GORGEOUSLY OUTRAGEOUS shades. This is a color that will work well for any skin tone, and works great for brightening up the eye. Def my fave shade out of all of the other shadows, simply because of the beautiful peachy-pink shimmer color. It's truly unique.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Merey

Freelove is a pretty UD shadow and can be used as such. I often blend it over a darker, maybe cooler, crease color. It warms up darker looks.

But not enough people use this shadow for what it truly is worth purchasing for - a BEAUTIFUL blush.

Peachy with a subtle golden shimmer, this is the most perfect blush for me. I am Dutch, with fair fair skin. I get rosy when I'm hot, cold, flustered, tired, sad, happy, smiling, frowning or sitting still. This peachy color cancels out the purplish color of my natural blushing complexion and gives my face a model-esque finish. I use so little shadow at one time with my blush brush that it lasts forever! Worth every penny.

I recently picked up two little coin-shaped containers of Freelove so that I will not be without this beautiful blush color for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by suzthemuse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This e/s was recommended for me by the makeup artist working at sephora. I bought it and tried it a few times. I have fair skin blue eyes and dark brown hair. Ultimately I felt that it was nice but didn't really wow me. I guess I'm more partial to cool browns and taupes.

Anyway, a couple nights ago I was having a party at my house and met a girl with strawberry blonde/red hair, fair skin, and green eyes. We started talking about makeup and she was saying how she has such a gard time finding eyeshadow that works for her. I immediately thought of free love for her. We tried it on her asd a simple wash and it looked AMAZING on her! Really amazing, perfect with her hair color, skin tone, and made her green eyes pop. Of course at that point I had to give it to her :)

I'm giving this e/s 5 lippies because although it wasn't quite right for me, on the right person it's gorgeous.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Freelove is a really beautiful coral/orange with very fine gold shimmer, to me. I do not detect any pink in this, but ULTA's open sample was more pink. I think there may be more depth to the color the deeper you get in the pan, if that makes sense. The top layer seems slightly like a matte orange, but as I use it, I see more shimmer and dimension.

As with the UD shadows I have used (Last Call, Single White Female, and a vibrant purple I cannot recall the name of), this shadow is fairly smooth, easy to blend, and pigmented. The color lasts a very long time, and there is little fallout.

I have packed Freelove over NYX milk pencil on my lid, and it's extremely orange. I use UD Darkhorse and Naked from the Naked Palette on the outer corner to tone it down and blend it out. It's beautiful, and I also line my lower lash line with it. I plan to try this without a base and just wash it over my lid for a lighter, sheer effect.

It seems this product is best suited for green eyes/pale skin or very dark skin, but I'm sure anyone could make it work.
UPDATE 9/6/11: This makes THE most fabulous blush. I have Benefit's Coralista, and it has nothing on this. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first Urban Decay shadow and I am very happy with it. It feels very creamy and it is easy to apply. The beautiful peachy/coral with a little bit of gold shimmer is very flattering to green eyes. I like to use BB Bone or Ivory (matte) all over then use this as a wash on my lids with a brown or black liner. It is perfect in the summer.
Edit: I've tried many other coral/peachy-pink colours from MAC, Smashbox, Jane Iredale, etc. and this one is the best, hands down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am totally infatuated with this shadow. For me, this is a perfect shade for an all over wash for when I'm feeling lazy, LOL! It makes my green eyes absolutely sparkle and goes on so smoothly. I like that it's a bit sheer, it's very flattering. It has the tiniest amount of gold shimmer as well. Depotting UD shadows can prove a challenge though. I need to buy a backup of this soon!