Urban Decay Freelove

4.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/17/2015 12:09:00 AM

I really love this eyeshadow! I had been looking for quite some time for this shade and never checked UD. While I love their liquid eyeliners, their shadows are usually too glittery for me. This is the perfect softly flattering shade for work days. It is flattering but not too flashy. It is also not the same ole brown/taupe shade everyone around me has on. I compliment this with a little touch of vanilla on the inner corners of my eyes and on right below my brow.
I will definitely repurchase but there is a good amount of product so it may be awhile.

on 3/3/2015 4:53:00 AM

This eyeshadow is one of those amazing multi-tasking products: I use it as an eyeshadow and as a blush. It works amazingly for both uses: as an eyeshadow it brightens and perks up my eyes and adds a lot of vitality when I am feeling tired and dragged down. As a blush, it works even better: although it does have glitter, it is not too obvious, and I find it to be more flattering than most of the other actual blushes I have in my collection. Since it is highly pigmented I use just a touch and get amazing results. I took pictures wearing this in bright, bright day light in Cambodia, and the shots looked amazing and natural. I wish UD would sell this in a bigger pot at a more reasonable price, even so, I am one happy customer.

on 12/14/2014 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

God I love this color. So unique, I haven't found a comparable one color wise that was even mediocre in staying power. This is both. I actually got this because I bought the Shadowbox (2014) which I absolutely hated in terms of color pay off. Really disappointed. But this color was one of the reasons I gravitated to that palette, so when I returned it, I picked this single up instead. It's my only UD shadow and while they are known for them, I tended to avoid them because of price and because my other UD experiences have been less than stellar. But I heard the pigmentation of this was up to par with what they are known for (because the shadowbox has been said to have sub-par quality and I found that to be true).

So that said, I love love love this color. So pretty. As a lover of all things coral-y I found this to be peachy, orangey and shimmery without being obnoxious, gunky with glitter or odd colored. It's just perfect and complimentary for pretty much any skin tone. My big gripe with it though is the price per size. These little babies are $18 for 1.5g where most of my drugstore shadows are around 2.5-3.5g. I haven't hit pan because I just got it, but I can tell it's shallow. That's extremely expensive for that amount, and as much as I love it, I don't know if I can pay the full price when I run out (I got one hell of a deal, so...) but by color alone I would.

I also don't love how they come out of the case. I know it's for depotting and making your own palette but I find mine slips out really easily with a tap of my finger in the wrong spot and I'm afraid it will come out when I'm using it and it will fall and my dreams will shatter. I just wish it was a little more tight for those of us who want to keep the original casing.

Those are my gripes. But I still love this color so much.

on 6/16/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I thought I'd never need another UD neutral-ish shadow after I bought the Naked palette a few years ago, but Freelove proved me wrong. It's a beautiful peachy-gold on me, which is great for an all-over wash of color, as part of a summery shadow look, or as a blush. I tried to find a less pricey version, but nothing came close enough on me.

on 11/20/2013 1:50:00 PM

Such a fun color. It really is beautiful! I like to use x on the lid, baked in my upper crease and this in my deep crease. It's a versatile color.

on 3/10/2013 11:04:00 PM

So pretty! I love all urban decay eyeshadows, they apply so beautifully and so easily. But not only is the quality fantastic the colour of free love is just GORGEOUS

on 1/7/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased this to,go over my rubenesque paint pot from Mac. When I was in the store it looked pretty close to rubenesque.but when I got home and put then side by side the freelove is more pinky. But they pair beautifully together

Oh.
My.
Goshness.
This is the prettiest shadow I've ever seen EVER! The color reminds me VERY VERY much of NARS Orgasm, and so I can use it both as a blush and an eyeshadow for a much cheaper price than the original.
The UD eyeshadows are known for being very buttery, soft, and velvety to the touch. They blend well and are easy to apply, easy to mix, and easy to blend, and come in a range of GORGEOUSLY OUTRAGEOUS shades. This is a color that will work well for any skin tone, and works great for brightening up the eye. Def my fave shade out of all of the other shadows, simply because of the beautiful peachy-pink shimmer color. It's truly unique.

on 12/12/2012 10:01:00 PM

Freelove is a pretty UD shadow and can be used as such. I often blend it over a darker, maybe cooler, crease color. It warms up darker looks.

But not enough people use this shadow for what it truly is worth purchasing for - a BEAUTIFUL blush.

Peachy with a subtle golden shimmer, this is the most perfect blush for me. I am Dutch, with fair fair skin. I get rosy when I'm hot, cold, flustered, tired, sad, happy, smiling, frowning or sitting still. This peachy color cancels out the purplish color of my natural blushing complexion and gives my face a model-esque finish. I use so little shadow at one time with my blush brush that it lasts forever! Worth every penny.

I recently picked up two little coin-shaped containers of Freelove so that I will not be without this beautiful blush color for years to come.

on 10/4/2011 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This e/s was recommended for me by the makeup artist working at sephora. I bought it and tried it a few times. I have fair skin blue eyes and dark brown hair. Ultimately I felt that it was nice but didn't really wow me. I guess I'm more partial to cool browns and taupes.

Anyway, a couple nights ago I was having a party at my house and met a girl with strawberry blonde/red hair, fair skin, and green eyes. We started talking about makeup and she was saying how she has such a gard time finding eyeshadow that works for her. I immediately thought of free love for her. We tried it on her asd a simple wash and it looked AMAZING on her! Really amazing, perfect with her hair color, skin tone, and made her green eyes pop. Of course at that point I had to give it to her :)

I'm giving this e/s 5 lippies because although it wasn't quite right for me, on the right person it's gorgeous.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products