August 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Black Chocolate

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

The U.S. version of black chocolate is not a shimmery shade but a perfect dark chocolate matte eyeshadow. I use it to fill in my brows on occasion but it also makes for a perfect smokey eye. With Bobbi Brown eyeshadows I never need to reach for my eye primer. Its easy to work with and the shade doesn't fade thru the course of the day. Definitely worthy of repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the name of this e/s actually Black Cocoa? (Maybe the UK version is Black Chocolate?)

Anyway, this is a very pretty chocolate bronze in the pan. It's shimmery, not glittery. However, on the skin (without primer) it looks more black than brown. With primer, you get some of the brown shimmer effect, while remaining darker that what it appears in the pan. The texture is fine and pigmentation runs right in the middle, not sheer, and very buildable.

I will say that this color makes my medium brown eyes pop (something that brown shadows usually do not do). I pair it with Espresso e/s and Goldstone Metallic Long Wear Cream e/s as a wash, which leaves a sheer wash of finely milled glitter on my lids and making them appear wet rather than glittery. This created a gorgeous smoky yet subtle eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by carol_81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised how much I like this colour. I got it as a present and initially thought "ah, just another dark brown". How wrong i was! I've never created such lovely smokey eyes as with this colour. My fellow reviewer below made a perfect (!) description of the shade. I really love how dark and rich it is. Even if you smoke this shadow out and blend it, it gets "soft" not "faded".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Part of the new Black Velvet collection (fall, 2010), this color truly is a soft, warm, rich chocolate tone. It is a softer, warmer version of Espresso. Espresso seems to, at times, reveal a cool slate undertone when blended out on my skin, and when used wet, is a cool brown dark enough to be mistaken for black. Black Chocolate, however, seemed to be a slightly softer, warmer step down from Espresso, almost a deepened version of her Rich Brown eyeshadow. As the name implies, this is a very pretty Chocolate shade, perfect for when Espresso may be a tad too strong.

For reference, my skintone fndtn match: YSL #08, Amber.

Interested in trying more from this collection. Would certainly repurchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No