December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Bourjois - Express eye makeup remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The liquid itself does the job extremely well in removing smokey eye looks! My gripe is that the opening is small; it takes a while to saturate a cotton pad. The liquid is gentle on the eyes and non greasy. It removes my long-wearing shadow colors, liners, mascara very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I was having a heck of a time trying to remove my beloved LB Volume WP & my Colossal WP w/ out ripping out lashes, only J & J Baby Oil would do it or Coconut butter oil, but even that was a task & left that area feeling just so oily & my vision temporarily blurred - yikes!. I was going to just get Almay pads, but the SA @ Shoppers Drug Mart said "Bourjois" was the best. Well she was correct. In 2 swipes I got rid of my mascara w/ NO lash removal as well!! Worth the $20 as a little goes a long way & being that I do not wear WP daily (I've a mascara obsession so 7rl others on the go lol) this large 200 ml bottle ought to last me for a good few months...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by relajess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I am tired of spending the money on Lancome Bi-Facil and this was recommended by someone who said that in cosmetology school everyone uses this, saying it's just like Bi-Facil but half the price. I tried it but didn't like it much. I found it not nearly as effective as I wanted or had been promised. It took far more rubbing on my eyes and far more product than other removers, and didn't do a great job of getting all the eye makeup off. I almost always wear waterproof liner, and this just didn't do what I needed. I will be trying other products and if everything else fails, I know I can go back to Bi-Facil or something else high end or even just use sweet almond oil -- which has the advantage of being effective and very inexpensive. Also, although others have found this oily on their skin, I found it a bit drying and I do not have particularly dry or wrinkle-prone skin. I did like that it was not fragranced, though, and there was certainly a lot of product in the bottle. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Seanna4444

This is an amazing product! Bought it on a whim without reading any reviews first is usually a gamble for me. The only other high end eye make up remover I have used before was the Lancome bi-phase and this is very comparable! And it is half the price and double the size. I just wet a cotton ball with this remover and I don't even need to rub at all. The eye make up just comes right off. It is a little oily, but I don't mind because I would prefer efficiency over that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Great! Price-value score 100!
I'm a Clarins Instant Eye Make Up Remover adept and this is SO similiar, i can really hardly tell the difference! Also very similiar to Lancome's Bi-Facil (animal testing + too pricey) and L'Oreal's Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF (worn out my eye area so even gentlest products burned and stung afterwards). It's quite the same idea: dual action remover with oil and cleansing agent but this is the most gentle from the cheapest removers I've tried. I also tried RoC's Multi-Action MU Remover Milk, which stung my eyes and wouldn't get eye MU off without rubbing hard. It is very gentle, doesn't sting the skin, doesn't require any long rubbing, doesn't smell much and conditions the lashes and skin with the oils. It does a great job removing waterproof and strong MU like gel and liquid eyeliners and mascara. I also use it for removing long-wear or matte lipstick, also works great.
The packaging sucks though, the ball on top broke off instantly, it has a cap that I need time to pick at so it would open and it leaks if it falls.

TIP: first, shake well before use. Then apply to a cotton ball or pad and press it gently to your lid. Hold it for a couple of seconds (depends on how much eye MU you have on) and wipe it all off. Most probably all of it won't come off with one wipe and you might want to wipe once more to get rid of everything.

I would not recommend using it on your entire face because the oils in the liquid could clog pores or break out sensitive skin, eyes and maybe lips if you have a long-lasting matte product on.

I am not sure I'll be switching from Clarins, but I might be using this as a backup and in case I'm broke.

Ingredients
AQUA/WATER/EAU, ISOHEXADECANE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM BENZOATE, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, CITRIC ACID, ETHYLPARABEN, CI 61565 (GREEN 6)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Pennyapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle and it's not HG material, but it works for me and the price point is good. This product's dual phase doesn't mix as well as it should, but if I shake it vigorously, put it on a cotton pad right away, and give it a couple of gentle wipes, I'm satisfied with the removal result. The slightest greasy feeling left on my eyes doesn't bother me that much, and it hasn't had any adverse effect on my skin either. For reference, i'm a fan of lancome's bi-facil. Bi-facil is now at $35 a bottle, which is ridiculous for eye make up remover. Bourjois comes in a bigger bottle, and is a relatively comparable product for $18. Also, I don't wear loads of make up, just light eyeshadow and gel eyeliner. I notice on days I wear mascara, it takes more then a few wipes to get all the mascara out. I don't find it effective for heavy eye make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by 1flygirl

I was disappointed in this product - it cost me $18 at the drugstore and came recommended. It did remove my eye make up fairly well, but didn't do a great job on my eyeliner (not waterproof) from the same manufacturer. I actually had to apply it a few times and wipe it a few times too - never did come all off until I washed my face. Yes, it was a bit greasy - but I expected that. I think I'll go back to the Avon eye make-up remover - its a cream and works better. It is also in a smaller size so ok for travelling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by IlariaChrome

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bourjois managed to dissapoint me, unfortunately. Rather surpring, cos considering my experience with it, i thought it was a flawless yet an affordable brand.
This eye make up remover is wrong, in so many ways. First and most important, the 'phases' don't mix as they should so you don't get the desired balance between them. This causes more than one problem.The 'clear' phase runs out faster then the 'oily' one, so when you spend about half a bottle, you end up with pure oil on your cotton pad. The grease on your eyes is more than unpleasant. Plus, personally i don't want to use another product to remove my eye make up remover.
I usually don't care much about packaging but this one frustrates me so much that i must speak. The little ball on top of the bottle which is purposed to be be pulled in order to open the bottle breaks very easily and after that you just have to be creative in finding a way to open it.
I would not repurchase at any cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:32:00 AM More reviews by ascatterheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this product. It does get a bit oily on my skin, but that goes away after a couple of minutes. It works great with waterproof make up. It's also pretty inexpensive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by danai

I was very disappointed with this product. I normally use makeup removing wipes, and I have found a specific type that works perfectly and removes all eye makeup at once. However, my budget has tightened (even more) lately, so I thought things over and figured that using a MU remover might be a cheaper alternative to wipes, which are not very cheap if you consider that they never last me more than a month; even less than this some times. So I picked this one up for the eyes, thinking the rest of my makeup would be taken care of by my facial wash anyway.
Alas, it was a huge mistake and I regret it sorely. From the 5 seconds I needed to clean everything with one quick wipe, I've gone to having to devote more than five minutes and a lot of work.
I need a lot of product each time, many cotton pads to accomodate it, I rub and rub and rub (which is to be avoided when it comes to eye area) and I still get nowhere. I kid you not, no matter how long I take, how much product I spill out (and here I must add that the bottle lets it pour out rather uncontrollably) or how vigorously I rub, this never takes 100% of my mascara off. Ever. It's so frustrating to actually spend time and effort and not get clean. Also, while it doesn't sting the eyes, it makes them itchy.
And I'm talking about my daily makeup here, which consists of (non-waterproof) mascara, concealer and sometimes a little eyeliner. I dread having to take off heavier makeup with this. When I have a lot of product on, I'd much rather say to heck with this and just use plain baby oil; which I should've stuck with from the start to be honest, because it works so much better.
Oh, and it doesn't really matter that baby oil is oily, because guess what, this product is oily too, even though it claims not to be.
Bottom line: with my wipes, all it took was a couple of seconds, with a non-oily product (that's also suitable for the whole face). With baby oil, you can only do the eyes and it's oily as it gets, but it works rapidly as well. This one...just forget it. Money down the drain when I least needed this.