September 2, 2014 | 1840 users online

Shampoo - Renpure - Organics Volumizing Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Lepotica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this shampoo! It definitely volumizes my thin/fine hair and leaves a great scent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I am sooo picky when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. I have long, bleached hair that gets extremely oily and is prone to breakage and tangles. I'd say about 90% of drugstore shampoos and conditioners do nothing for my hair but make it worse -- either oilier, more tangled, or more prone to breakage. I have good luck with Redken, Biolage, Pureology and the like, as well as LUSH hair care products, but I'm a poor college student so sometimes I have to suck it up and try a drugstore product and pray it works. That being said, I was really, really, pleasantly surprised by this shampoo!
I bought this one because the bottle was cute and I had never tried the brand before, so I decided to give it a go. This shampoo is a very creamy, white liquid, and I find I need to use quite a bit to get it to fully lather up all of my hair. I'd say I fill 75% of my palm up with this shampoo to get a really good lather. The smell of this isn't amazing, but I do like it. It's a nice kind of fruity smell, but nothing I can particularly pick out. Once I rinse this, my hair feels incredibly soft. It almost feels like I don't need conditioner, but I still always condition my ends because I do blow dry and straighten my hair almost daily. This shampoo is also amazing at detangling. Even if my hair is a knotty wreck when I get into the shower, after I rinse this shampoo out there's not a knot in sight.
This shampoo claims to add volume, and while I notice the tiniest difference in my hair's volume when I use this, I don't think it's an extremely volumizing shampoo. The number one thing I look for in a shampoo is how well it controls the oil in my hair. For a drugstore product, this actually does quite a good job. Sometimes when I use this I can actually skip a day of shampooing, which is incredible for me, but for the most part, this just controls the oiliness until the next morning. I also love that this doesn't strip my color.
Overall, this is a great find. I got this at WalMart, but I'm not sure where else it is sold. I haven't tried the conditioner, but I would be willing to give more products from this line a chance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the orange bottle, My Luscious Hair Needs Lift! This smells really good, doesn't strip or weigh my hair down. I haven't noticed extra volume but it's still a nice SLS-free shampoo
EDIT: This left horrible buildup in my hair. I had to wash twice with Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle shampoo just to get it all out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I just finished up a whole bottle of this stuff and haven't really thought much about it until I switched to another shampoo. After a couple of washes, my hair felt suddenly limp. The only thing I changed was this shampoo so I believe it does work! While I was using this shampoo, my hair had a lot of volume once it dried and looked nice enough to leave down even when I had no time to style it. I also experience a lot less hair fallout while I was using this. The one thing I hate about this though is the bottle. It's unique but it is a pain to store and hard to balance upside down when I want to get the last drops of the product. It's not a deal breaker though so I'm surely going to get another bottle the next time I'm at Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by naturalblonde

I have tried many different products and when I saw this one was sulfate free I was skeptical. I used L'oreal everpure and I hated it. Ren Pure was on sale as a bogo @ $6.99 I decided to give it a go. It sudsed up unlike Everpure and my hair was shiny and conditioned just enough. I recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as a deal - pay 1 price and get both shampoo and the conditioner. I liked the packaging and the little name "My hair needs a lift!". The smell isn't bad - mostly non-existent.

However, it takes a LOT to get a good solid lather I felt. And I like a good lather when washing my hair. It did clean my hair well. But the surprising thing is that I noticed small groups (not big enough to be clumps mind you) of hair in my hands post-wash. And usually when I wash my hair I don't see strands in my hands. So that was a little upsetting. As I said, it did clean my hair well but my hair felt . . . not exactly stripped but close to it. I then used the conditioner and it worked alright - no hair in my hands after.

I can say that my hair did seem to have a nice volume and a look to it throughout the day that I did like. It seemed fuller and lighter at the same time. So I do think that trying a more organic product will work for me. But it also seemed a little dryer than I would prefer as well prone to snag and tangle. So what I don't know is if that is a side-effect of a shampoo without parabens in it, or THIS particular shampoo.

I've used it twice and will be tossing it. I can't lose that much hair in the shower at my age :) My hair is one of my best assets afterall. This may work for someone else and wasn't entirely terrible - but it's not one I'm going to continue to test. Sometimes you just have to move on!