January 25, 2015 | 958 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Gotbug12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product. I apply it around my nose where I tend to have larger pores. It fills them in perfectly and is well worth it for people who find their foundation highlights their pores. I don't find it prolongs the wear of my foundation or anything but that's not the reason I use it so that doesn't bother me at all. It is quite thick but a small amount does go along way. It hides some redness around my nose which is also nice. Cute packaging. Does everything I want it to do. Quite expensive but have not found a product that performs the same on my skin with my foundation. Will repurchase for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2015 5:01:00 PM More reviews by direoui

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

oh, this stuff is a PITA and i'll never, ever buy it again, but i have a huge tube of it and it sucks to throw $ in the garbage so i was determined to make it work. this is NOT a primer in the sense that it doesn't absorb oil or make makeup wear longer. when i used this as a primer, under MUFEHD and ColorStay it turned into a horrible gloppy mess that was impossible to blend or salvage so i ended up washing my face and starting over without it both times.

i think the best use of this may be alone or with powder-based foundations. if you are trying to conceal deep pitting or pocked scars THIS WILL WORK for you, but it's going to take some effort. i watched a few tutorials - i believe one was on benefit's website. you have to *press* this stuff in. one woman compared the technique to spackling holes in a wall and that is exactly the method she used: pushing the product into the areas she wanted concealed and gently smoothing the excess back in the direction of the problem. then, she used a primer!

i tried this method. i pressed, pushed and spackled over some old acne scars and waited a few moments until it felt dry to the touch. then, i smoothed on hourglass primer with a large taklon brush, using a very light touch over the filled-in spots, and waited until it dried. next, foundation. i used mac matchmaster and the stila double-ended complexion brush, again using a light touch. it went on scary-smooth, using a minimum of product. not completely unnatural looking, but definitely full-coverage.

with all that, i'm unlikely to use it that way except for nighttime or special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Newyork1995

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely does reduce the size of pores and makes the skin super soft! However if you have oily skin it will not keep you at all matte all day. Also a litttle pricey but i'm always repurchasing because of how amazingly soft it makes my skin!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2015 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Hera94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

[note that this is what I find works/didn't work with my skin condition/type]
Pros:
- Oil free
- Department store pricing
- Easy to blend out
- Untraceable on the skin

Cons:
- doesn't keep the oil at pay
- most primers has an added benefit of a sun-protection factor or some sort and benefit could work with this point more
- is not as lightweight as it claims to be

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Cisyk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very silicone primer, for those who do not like silicone product, stay away

This does not prime or control oiliness, my face gets even oilier after using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 1:03:00 AM More reviews by abaran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read so many great reviews on this product and was super excited to try it. I loved the way it looked and felt on my skin the first hour or so but after that it made my face look greasy..I felt as if my makeup was sliding off of my face. So disappointed! I've been on the hunt for the perfect primer and this definitely was not it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2015 8:03:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this is not marketed as an all over face primer, but that is how I use it.

I have oily skin. I'm always struggling to find a primer that doesn't make my skin even more oily. I don't expect perfection, nothing is perfect. I just want good results. I've tried all sorts of primers for oily skin but nothing seems to ever work.

After moisturizing my skin and applying my sunscreen (I let these each soak in) I apply this primer all over my skin and then my makeup. Works great and the best I've found so far.

I've used 2 tubes of this so far, and I rarely buy anything more than once.

I like the squeeze tube. You can dispense how much you need and get the last bit of it out.

It's a bit expensive. But what isn't at Sephora? I use this primer daily, a *good* pea size amount each time. I've had my current tube about 6 months and it's about 1/2 empty. Which surprises me actually. I thought I'd use it up a lot faster than I have.

Texture is nice. It's smooth and blends out easily. It doesn't seem as slippery as a regular face primer, so that may be what makes it work for me?

It lasts all day just fine. I've not noticed it moving around on my face at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 7:06:00 PM More reviews by annabelmarie

This product is so good if you appreciate what it does. The amount it minimises pores is crazy leaving an airbrushed finish when you apply foundation over the top. Definitely worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 6:55:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

I didn't used to use primer before I purchased this, but now I understand why people do it. It gives a nice soft clear canvas for the foundation to set, I haven't noticed the wear time of my foundation become longer, but then again I haven't really taken notice or studied it really. So I'll have to update you on that!

I love the packaging, always have done with benefit!

Only thing i would say that is annoying about this product is that the tube is a little tinny weeny bit on the small side but thats just me being a tight arse!

Deffo make it your next purchase if you havent already :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Curlycase

This stuff was so hyped up that I had to try it. I use the Too Faced pore stuff (cream in pink tube, too lazy to go look at name) every once in awhile. I figured this was pretty much the same since the consistency and color were exactly the same but gave it a go anyways. I was right. Both products don't do much when applied before makeup. They seem to do more when applied after routine and look awesome for about an hour tops. After that my makeup looks worse, more oily, foundation slides off more quickly, and no difference in appearance of pores whatsoever. Waste of money on both accounts. Still searching for a way to cover my massive pores for longer than 5 minutes.
By the way, I've watched tons of videos and read reviews which led me to try every application "trick" out there: patting it in, topping with powder.....all of it! Nothing changed.