August 22, 2014 | 1084 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie707

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product mixed with That Gal primer! Really soft and velvety finish. Perfect for days when you don't want to wear heavy makeup or a great primer underneath foundation. It's definitely worth trying!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. I'd seen many of my favorite Youtube beauty gurus using this, and figured I'd give it a try. I didn't want to spend $31 on a .75 fl oz tube, and end up not liking it. So I popped over to my local Sephora to try it out.

Watching Youtube videos, I had failed to notice that this primer is not clear like all of others I've used. It's a light nude color and I was afraid it wouldn't blend well into my darker complexion, but it surprisingly did. I like the texture, it's very lightweight and smooth. It goes easily into the skin without feeling cakey, heavy, or silicone-y. I have big pores around my nose and it really blurred the look of them; my skin looked and felt a lot smoother.

I wore it around all day with no makeup, and after around 7+ hours, my skin still looked velvety and even. Very little oil appeared in that time, and my face remained nice and matte. I tried it another day, wearing it under Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation with same results. It made my foundation go on much smoother, and prevented it from settling into my pores. Though I had only spent around 4 hours with it on, my foundation and blush remained vibrant and I didn't get any oily-ness. I finally decided to purchase my own after the good experiences I had with the tests at Sephora.

I really like this product. I've never had a primer that has lasted as long as this with no textural problems. I only wish it was cheaper. $30 for a tube is pretty steep, though a little goes a long way. It sounds pretty stingy, but buying three .25 fl oz tubes for $10 each saves you a dollar over buying one .75 fl oz tube for $31, and you get the same amount. Not only does the $1 savings add up with each purchase, but I prefer this because I can have a tube in my makeup kit at home, one in my purse for on-the-go, and an extra one travel or whatever else I may need it for. It's much more convenient than needing it while out, but finding it troublesome to carry one large tube everywhere.

I usually wear it alone or with the aforementioned Smashbox foundation, in addition to my Mac Pro Longwear, Estee Lauder Doublewear, Covergirl 3 in 1, Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover foundations with no problems from any. It's easily found in Ulta, Sephora, department stores, or online.

I really like this product, and highly recommend it. It may not be for those on a budget, but it's great for those willing to spend a little more and have great looking skin with or without makeup. There may be cheaper options with great quality out there. But until I find them, I will stick to this awesome product and gladly repurchase again and again..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Hmmmmmmm... After using a sample size of this for the last few weeks, I'm still not sure what to make of it. There's a part of me that really wants to like it, but I'm just not sure it's for me. And for the price (£24.50 for a 22ml tube) I'm not convinced I'm getting the results from it that I was led to believe I would get...

First off the good things - it's a neutral skin-tone colour, so it blends in nicely with the colour of my skin. And although it looks a couple of shades too dark, once it's been applied you can't tell you've got any on so it doesn't really matter what the shade is. It also doesn't have that unpleasant silicone feel to it like some primers do, so I wasn't afraid to apply it to the more oilier parts of my face for fear that it might break me out (it didn't and never has).

But then there's the not-so-good things. Contrary to the packaging claims, it doesn't 'minimize the appearance of pores'; well at least not mine anyway. In fact this has a tendency to look like it's sitting on top of my pores, making them look bigger and more noticeable once I've applied the rest of my makeup. And the biggest problem for me is how much oilier this makes my skin look and feel as the day progresses. I usually do my makeup at around 8am on workdays, and I've definitely noticed that my skin is a lot oilier by lunchtime. When I use this I always have to use blotting sheets partway through the day to remove the excess oil that's built up. Compare this with the days when I don't use it and I don't have to use blotting sheets at all.

I'm glad I was given the opportunity to try this, but based on my experiences I wouldn't be tempted to purchase the full-sized version. It just didn't 'wow' me enough and I feel that there are actually other brands (the primers from Kiko spring to mind) which perform much better and don't cost as much either.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by soulnechnaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Used 3 tubes of the product and have mixed feelings about it. I have terribly oily skin and large pores and need my make up stay on all day for as long as 12h at work without having to do touch ups (or very quick and easy ones) and this is the only downside- It doesnt stay on for too long on my skin.I would say 3-4 hours no more. It lets the shine come through and If you were to touch/scratch your face it just comes off with all the make up on top of it. I think it is because of its consistency it does not get absorbed by your skin it fills the pores and evens them but stays on the surface hence can be easily removed. Regarding the pores-it does make them visibly shrink or it simply fills them and evens out letting you apply foundation on evenly and gives that smooth look. Trying something else now if wont find anything better will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wouldn't call my skin oily but I guess after applying my sunscreen it can become a bit greasy. Maybe that's why this product works for me. I may try to use it a few hours after applying my sunscreen, after some of the greasy feeling fades.

So I haven't tried many primers. I had a small tube of the Sephora brand stuff that worked ok (was a points purchase). I have used palladio primer and its ok. I have also used a L'Oreal primer that was ok. This stuff has really helped my foundation stay on. I think this is because of its mattifying effect, and so my foundation doesn't slide off the oily parts of my face.

A little bit goes a long way with this product and it feels pretty light during application.....that is, unless you use too much of this product and then it can fee heavy. I could see how it may break some people out. I use a small pea sized ball an dab a little bit on each cheek, my chin, forehead, and a very tiny bit on my nose, making sure to focus on the areas that have larger looking pores.

I don't really know how much it hid my pores, but I can say that whenever I use this my skin looks great. (just fyi I use this under UD Naked foundation so I don't know what is helping more: the foundation or this primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this primer, but it isn't any better than any other "good" primer I've tried, including the $6 ELF one. Not worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by laura5168

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When i bought this product i expected a lot from it, i still can't find out what i think about it.

i think its best for people with oily skin, and NOT for people with dry skin, i have dry skin on my nose and forehead, and it really made it obvious, and made the foundation look terrible there.

on my face where there where oily, or just normal skin, it made it look really matte, soft and actually made the pores look smaller, and red skin look a bit less red.

i mostly only use this when i have oily skin, or moisturize well before applying it.

i think its a great product, but because of the prize, i would not buy it again, it is not at all good enough for being so expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Sailormoon21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmmmm it's a good primer so far since it's oil free but the price was so much for it .. I won't buy this again Cus I can live without it! Also it used to break me out so much when I apply it on my nose :/ but I still apply it on my checks and forehead only!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nicoleisabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised to see so many positive reviews of this product. I found it didn't so much hide the pores around my nose as fill them up with gunk and cause me to break out.

I also feel that the blurring effect of this primer is pretty minimal. I tried using it both under and over my powder foundation and I don't feel that there was any significant difference between the two methods. I had high hopes for this primer, but I think that I will stick to the Smashbox one, which I have found to work far better on my dry, acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by thegreatbroomhilda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me say that this product by itself is awesome however it looses it loveliness once you try to implement it with foundation. I have large pores on my nose and cheeks along with some fine lines that get me down more than anything so when I heard about this product I jumped at the chance to feel like myself again (2 kids) long hours at work. You know the story.

Pros great to wear alone or w very light powder
way better than Tarte's New Clean Slate Primer and cheaper. Way better than Babyface by Maybelline.

Cons: LOOSES ITS BLURRING effect on pores when you apply liquid or cream foundation. I have tried numerous foundations and application techniques. Brush, sponge, finger and the result is the same. when you go tp blend it the blur power is wiped off and you are back to pore showing.

I even tried to apply a small dab on the pore on my nose that drives me crazy and if I even slightly wipe it wipes with the makeup. Best advice think of it like puddy or spackle on a wall. once it's there you don't want to disturb it.

I read blog after blog on tips. I even tried to place it on and waiting 5-10 minutes to apply my foundation and it still wipes off if ypu do any sort of strokes or wiping.

BOTTOM LINE would I buy it again? more than likely no. I know I will never be o e of those girls that can throw on lip gloss and powder and look fabulous so I need a product that plays well with others inwhich it does not. Good luck.