October 31, 2014 | 1463 users online

Lip Treatments - Beauticontrol - Lip Apeel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pretty skeptical to try this product related to the price ($30 Canadian) and if my poor dry and constantly chapped lips would get results, but after just one use I'm so thrilled that I invested my money. Just after one use I saw and felt immediate results of smooth and soft lips. I have tried a wide variety of products and this is the only one that actually works for me. I have incorporated this into my nightly face care routine and every morning when I awake my lips look and feel amazing. It's actually a pleasure to know I can wear any lipstick or gloss I want without being embarrassed that my chapped and dry lips will ruin my look. I have been using this every day for a month and have barely put a dent into the product and I think it'll take quite some time to finish it before having to repurchase. Overall thrilled and very happy with Lip Apeel.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in my 30s and always have chapped lips, noticed that I have lines and black heads around my lips at times. I use this stuff to keep my lips smooth at all times. It exfoliates lip gloss or lip stick build up. A friend of mine says it dried her lips up, I think you just have to make sure that you put on enough lip balm. Lip balm is pretty thick and very easy to not put on enough...scrape with a spatula or your nail. Works great for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by gksf

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. I've had chapped lips all my adult life. Lipstick would cause chapping within a few hours of application. Balm etc was somewhat helpful, but the problem persisted. Enter L.A. Big improvement with first use. I'm using the "peel" 2-3 times per week, and goodbye chapping. Really.
I like the container and the scent of the lip balm. The lip balm is very firm, and a little difficult to apply with a finger. The package is bit large for a purse. On the go during the day I am using the now discontinued gentle lip conditioner in the odd applicator (I rescued 3 from popular drugstore's bin of unsold products to send back to the distributor, and got them for less than 1/3 regular price).. But this didn't do much for me until I started the L.A.
I don't often recommend products, but someone has persistent chapping of the lips, I think it is worth a try, and worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this peel, it makes my lips so smooth and soft. The actual peel part dries quickly, I like to use it in the morning when I'm getting ready. The only other lip peel I've used is the Mary Kay Satin Lips one, and I like this one much better.
The balm is really nice, too, it moisturizes so well. I'm not sure if it's a dupe, exactly, but Sally Hansen's Healing Butter for Lips really reminds me of the BeautiControl balm. The SH butter has been discontinued but I've seen it at Dollar Tree.
I use the peel twice a week or so, I've had it for a few years but I've barely made a dent in the product. You really don't need a lot of it to coat your lips. My mom sells BeautiControl, she gave this to me so I don't know how much it costs but I'd say it's worth paying some money for. The product's really good and it'll last you a long time, so I'd recommend this to anyone, especially if you have dry lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jldroz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll start by saying I didnt purchase this. My sister-in-law sells BeautiControl and gave this to me to try (which is why I gave price a 1 - I dont know how much this sells for).

Ive never used a lip peel or lip mask but love this product. I put it on after my shower and leave on while I put my contacts/moisturizer on (dries very quick) and then rub most of it off with my finger. There is some product left that doesnt dry but its minimal and I just use a towel.

When I take the peel off my lips look softer, healthier, lighter, and just overall nice. I put the balm on and it sinks in while I finish getting ready for work. Balm leaves a nice sheen too. Not sticky or gooey or too think (which is what I was expecting from the feel of it).

Overall I love using this product - I do see a difference in my lips when I use it a few times a week versus when its been a week in between uses. I'm not sure of pricing, but because I like it so much I would buy it anyway. You get so much in the container and really dont need that much so you do get a long life out of it (I've had it since May and have barely dented it using it 2-3 times a week).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product because it isn't a scrub. It's like a white mask that you put all over your lips & extend over your natural lip line & let dry. Then you rub your lips & the mask comes off like pencil erasings.

The container for Lip Apeel is the mask on the bottom & a wonderful lip balm on the top. I've had this for several years & probably have at least 80% left in the mask.

I've had no irritation from the mask at all. I don't rub my lips very hard when I'm removing it & always follow with the balm.

I would definitely purchase it again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ozzbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this product at a resort where my family and I were on vacation. It was one of a few products that were "featured". I tried it, thought, hmmmm, I kind of like it, but I didn't buy it then. I did take the rep's card. When we got home, I decided I would order it. WOW--I will never, ever be without it again. I used to care lip balm in my pocket everywere, then forget about it and run it through the washer. For as much as I was paying for lip balm, this is worth the price (though I will admit it is a little pricey). I used to apply lip balm like breathing air, couldn't live without it, now after using this at least 3 times/week, I have soft, wonderful, line free lips!!!! The only time I apply lip balm any more is 1) when going in the sun, one with SPF, 2) after using lip appeal, and 3) before going to bed at night. Packaging is great and compact, easy to use and I bought a seperate plain container of the balm to carry with me. Super product! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by niomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fun little product. I tried it at a BC party and bought it with some package. The white stuff that you put on for the "peel" is nice and my lips are softer after but it doesn't last for very long. The balm on the top is nice and I've seen friends just carry around the top as a balm. Thats probably a good idea. Overall I wasn't really excited with it like everyone had raved but it is fun for a little bit of pampering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an interesting little product...I do like the convenience of the lip peel on the bottom of the container and lip balm on the top. My BC consultant told me to liberally smear this on my lips and then let it extend past the lip line a bit as well. After it dries, I rub it off and apply the balm and...voila! Instant softer lips! I do have to admit, this still doesn't work as well as rubbing my lips with a towel after a steamy shower, but it is nice and makes me feel pampered when I do use it. A jar of this would probably last forever, so I don't really know when I'd need to repurchase though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaQ

I tried this at a spa night - and then bought some over an auction website for a great price. I like it when the weather isn't too harsh and cold outside - but when the air here in Michigan is really cold (below freezing) my lips are chapped and cracked by the end of the day (that's after I've used it in the morning). Outside of that when the weather is decent it's a nice product - I use a wet washcloth to get the dead skin off after the lip apeel has been on for awhile. The lip balm is okay. Not my favorite.