November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Powder - Caryl Baker Mineral Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is unbelievable that there are not a lot of reviews about this mineral powder!? At Caryl Baker Visage stores (usually in malls) if you spend $50 on their products you get a free makeup application.

My friend got married in Scarborough, Ontario and I was from downtown Toronto. I had no idea where to get my makeup done so I ended up going to a salon with this makeup brand. The MUA used this face powder on me and I am not exaggerating, ITS AMAZING!!

I have mild acne and oily skin daily and this powder over my full foundation made my face look air brushed and lasted all day! If you dampen the great sponge that comes with it you get a gorg matte finish! It is actually SAD to know that ppl don't know about this product! I think its because Caryl Baker cosmetics are thought to be for older women. NOT TRUE!

I have had this powder since Sept 2012 and I now only have the rim of the pan left. The downfalls of this product are the bulky packaging and the price! I paid $31 Canadian which is more than I paid for my Mac mineral powder, however it lasted forever!

THIS IS MY HG POWDER!!! I HOPE IT NEVER GETS DISCONTINUED!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

I was really skeptical to try another mineral based face powder after having some negative experiences with other brands. Caryl Baker Visage is a Canadian cosmetic company with many retail locations in the city where I live. I've used some of their products over the years, mainly their lipsticks because they are not drying compared to other brands. One day when browsing on their website I noticed that the company had a mineral pressed powder in their cosmetic line. The next time I went to my local mall, I visited the salon to check out the product. The consultant recommended the shade Pecan, and it has turned out to be a perfect match for my NC44 skin. This finely milled powder provides good coverage, doesn't look powdery or cakey on my skin, lasts all day, and works as a powder foundation as well. One of the downsides is that it gives my skin a bit of a shine, but I rectify that by using Oil Blotting sheets during the day. I've used other mineral foundations in the past including, Bare Escentuals loose powder foundation which made my skin look way too shiny and Pur Minerals powder foundation which provided nice coverage but it would oxidize on my skin. I am a liquid foundation type of gal, but there are some days when I don't want to use liquid foundation and want a very quick make-up look.