October 24, 2014 | 906 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Skin Clarifying Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this cleanser because it is supposed to be so gentle. Unfortunately it did not "clarify" my skin one bit, I actually started breaking out :( Nothing major, but I got tiny red bumps all over my face. I don't know if it's something in the cleanser that I'm reacting to or if it's just not a strong enough cleanser for me. I usually buy cleansers made for blemish-prone skin. Either way, I gave this product 2 separate trial runs for 2 weeks each, and both times the red bumps appeared. It works well for my roommate though, so I've given it to her.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by iSophiax3

I'm still in my pre-teen years, so naturally I have to use gentle cleanser (which I secretly HATE because it's just something that I feel so passionate about basic, gentle in other words do nothing more than intended products) anyways this product is pretty good SLIGHTLY drying but still good! I had have TERRIBLE first experiences with this, the first time the nozzle was stuck so I was SO ANNOYED and I thought it was foam, which it wasn't and the stuff gushed OUT (not where it was suppose to come out of) in other words a WASTE, and messy and slimy! And the smell STUNK with my hands (but now I use a scrublet from L'Oreal 360* Clean which now I can't smell anymore and overtime it made my face softer :) I would reccomend

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Krunce

ATTENTION: THIS IS NOT THE ONE WITH THE FOAMING PUMP.

This cleanser is not drying at all. Why? It contains no soap, no sulfates, no alcohols. I bought it because it has the shortest and least harsh ingredient list of any facial cleanser I've ever seen, including most Lush facial cleansers.

It's not drying at all, and can't be, which is why I'm certain that most of the reviewers here have mixed up the product. This is quite reasonable. For some reason, Aveeno has about 8 facial cleansers with the same packaging shape and similar names with only slightly different ingredient lists. But this is the only one with no sulfates and no alcohols, a.k.a. nothing, really, that can dry out your skin.

I use this with one of those little facial brushes, work up a lather and rinse. My face has felt fantastic since I started using this, and I otherwise have really dry, problematic skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by mijols

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My face became dry, itchy and flaky within the first few days of using this.
At first I couldn't figure out why my face was acting up and then I remembered I bought this soap. Needless to say, I stopped using it and have seen a dramatic improvement.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lol392

It cleans really well, though it tends to dry out the skin. I would not recommend this for people with dry skin, it's more for the oily type. It's good as long as you don't overuse this! I will probably purchase this again.

**EDIT:
This reallly dries out the skin. It's okay to use sparingly and only at the end of those REALLY shitty oily days. If you use this everyday religiously I think it would make you break out more because too much drying out of the oils causes the skin to produce more.

Too harsh. Would not repurchase.

The 'calming wash' whatever by Aveeno also is way better imo.
Same thing but less soapy and intense. I'd recommend it :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why is everyone saying this is drying. This is actually one of the only foaming cleanser that does not make my face feel dry after cleansing, and I have dry skin. Maybe they have mixed this up with the skin clearing foaming cleanser, the one with the foaming pump on top. That one, I will believe it if it is drying. This cleanser is soap free and very light. I don't depend on cleansers to remove makeup so I can't comment on that, but this is a good basic cleanser, and it does feel like it leaves a film behind, but then again, after you clean, if you smile, this won't make your face feel all tight. I use one or half a pump every time, and it is very gentle and light. The only thing I hate is the texture and the smell. This looks like hand soap, feels like hand soap and smells like hand soap. Sometimes I think it is a hand soap......But then again it cleanses nicely. Overall a good basic cleanser. I nice alternative from high-end cleansers.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2007 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bbretka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this, being a huge fan of Aveeno.
I read the reviews on it after I purchased it. I read a lot saying that although it cleansed makeup/dirt/oil off very well, it left a flim on the skin and made it very dry. And that it did. I ended up returning it.
Even I tonned afterwards and my skin was still very tight, and started drying. Though It did clean very well! Shame.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by inne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in an emergency when I ran out of my regular cleanser. Huge mistake! It smells cheap, doesn't get rid of make-up well, dries my skin out and made me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by akemikatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the packaging, the foam pump is easy to use and keeps you from wasting product. This cleanser cleared up my skin quickly, but seemed to quit working after a month or so. After that, it didn't seem to completely remove the dirt and oil. I would use this again, but rotate it with something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by blue_eyez

i like that this cleanser removes all of my makeup. It provides a thorough clean. However, it is very drying to my combo sensitive skin, which is the only reason i would not repurchase. Mind you, you're supposed to apply moisturizer right after cleansing anyway, so i shouldnt really be noticing any dry skin feeling if i'm doing my skin regime properly!