August 31, 2014 | 967 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Shell We Dance

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by fresh1fierce1feminine

Very pretty color! Formula is slightly thick and takes a little longer to dry but not a huge issue at all! The brush was great and had lots of grip and control, definitely will buy in more colors xo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I have almost used this one up and I never use up a bottle of nail polish! This is a very sheer polish-- but that's what I was looking for. I love the way this goes on with the wide brush and it lasts and lasts. I usually only go 4-5 days between manicures and this one is always looking fresh when I take it off. Two coats makes the base for a gorgeous french manicure. Three coats gives a pretty, neutral, professional nail for work. I'm planning on buying my second bottle soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

I love this line of polish from Sally Hansen, it's durable, shiny and relatively chip free. This is the only one I haven't liked and I have about twelve. It goes on streaky and after three coats, you can still see the color of my nail bed through it. This is frustrating because since my skin is dark, it makes the pink look unhealthy. I will not purchase again. If you're looking for a comparable pink neutral that actually goes on more opaque, I recommend Sonia Kashuk's Sugar Rush. It requires a top coat but the color payoff is neutral and pink and pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by kiramekihoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shell We Dance? is a sheer pale pink. Like other polishes of the same color, it runs a little streaky, but I found the streak to be less prominent in this polish than other pale pinks. The formula was great for me, and I love that pro-wide brush, but what really makes this polish for me is that it still looked beautiful and perfect on day five with NO touch up! Obviously your results may vary based on body chemistry, but personally, this one has wonderful last. $8 is a more than I would spend on a drugstore polish (I bought this one on sale), but if my bottle got lost or broken, I might actually repurchase for full price based on how long it wore on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tinsel5001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the brush & formula.

Gave this a 3 because the pink color was too sheer & too neutral for me.

But I'd recommend this polish in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product is AWESOME. totally perfect nude manicure in like 5 minutes, seriously. i don't even care if it chips tomorrow-would be very easy to fix. but for a working girl who loves having pretty nails but obviously can't afford manicures every week, i am in love with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Branjiebelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the formula in that it feels like acrylic and I knew it would last as soon as I put it on. I am happy with the brush too. I find it works best if you hold the brush flat, flush with the nail to get the most even coverage. This nail polish lasted 5 days which is an all time record for me. On the down side, there is just not enough pigment in Shell We Dance. To avoid streaks and uneveness of colour, you need 4 coats! This product is supposed to replace the need for a base and top coat, but with 4 coats of this, it hasn't saved you any time. I do love the staying power though, and I have read here that other shades are more pigmented, so I have bought 3 more shades off ebay. If they stay on for 5 days like this one, I will definitely be hooked on the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure range. P. S a coat of Revlon's Sparkling over this is really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great pale, milky pink which is perfect for everyday wear (read: work/office appropriate). I do like the great big fat wide brush. This does not wear as well as OPI for me but the color is truly gorgeous. I did not apply a topcoat over this and it shows some wear but this is a pretty forgiving shade so they're hard to see. Since it's so great for everyday wear, I do plan to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by anniemouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love doing a French manicure look - I have naturally white tips, so I can get away with just a few coats of a pale pink and I'm good to go.
I usually use Rimmel Lycra Pro French Rose (or whatever it's called); but budget constraints led me to rummaging in my drawer of "can't-bear-to-throw-away-but-don't-use" polishes. And I found this one that I'd bought in Sweden whilst on holiday.
It's an exact dupe for the Rimmel, which is fab; a nice wide brush, the colour is lovely after just one coat, but my goodness! the streaks! In order to even up the streaks, I have to put more coats on, which then doesn't give the look I want in the first place. I don't know whether it's a bad batch that I've got, or something in the formula, but I now remember why I don't wear this one any more. Such a shame, because on paper, this is the perfect polish. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

Best fingernail polish I've ever used. One coat looks natural, and two looks professionally done. So many people ask where I get my nails done when I wear this. It's medium in the price range for a fingernail polish. Smack-dab between NYC & butter. It has top coat, color, and bottom coat which really saves me time. Takes a bit to dry. Just a really lovely polish.