Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Shell We Dance

4.3

on 7/3/2015 7:31:00 AM

I prefer only clear, nude, or light pink manicures and believe me I've tried most light pinks in the market (OPI bubble bath, Chanel Ballerina, Deborah Lippman, Essie Ballet Slipper)... and nothing compares to this! I love the brush and it makes my nails look professionally done. I can do one coat and a top coat and be out the door. It's professional and elegant.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been buying this polish for years. I love the colour although it does tend towards cool white with a hint of pink. I give myself a really awesome french manicure with this polish because the colour build so easily: I do two thin swipes of it across my free edge, let dry, then one nice thick even coat over the whole nail. Looks sort of like an american mani. Looks like those stick-ons by revlon actually.

I have since upgraded to OPI and essie because, although I loved the colour of Shell we dance, it was always so tedious trying to get even coverage over all ten of my nails while keeping it sheer: Some nails would be super sheer with one coat while others would get more pigment or streaks. So, unless you're an expert, I would go with something as fool proof as essie's Mademoiselle: You can put a million coats of mademoiselle on and it won't streak or be uneven and will stay sheer with a hint of milky-pink that you can build slowly.

on 3/13/2015 1:24:00 PM

I wanted to like this polish more than I actually did, truly. The wide, flat brush makes neat application much quicker and easier, and the colour is a gorgeous pale sheer pink. It looks great with gold or silver glitter, or on its own for a gorgeous natural-looking manicure - or, at least it should. Unfortunately, the formula is so thick and gloopy that it's almost impossible to get a perfect finish. The colour drags and and leaves the polish all streaky unless you build it up to full opacity; by which point it's too thick to properly dry, leaving your nails looking like a total mess. What a shame.

Pros:
- Lovely colour
- Brush makes neat application easier

Cons:
- Streaky, messy finish
- Lengthy drying time

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've only recently gotten into nail polish. In the past I was mostly wearing nothing or the occasional transparent polish, but recently I decided I would like to look a little girlier. So as you can see, I'm not an expert on nail polish, but even I can tell that the quality of this product is worlds apart from the transparent one I used to wear, which is the express thingie from Maybelline.

I felt immediately drawn to the pretty bottles of this line, so I bought it, and I immediately tried it out once I got home, and I gotta admit I fell in love with this head over heels. The pink is very very faint, which is great for me cause I like things to look as natural as possible. It's a really soft, cute and feminine shade, very subtle.

It does take a while to dry though, which is quite a challenge for a tomboy like me. I still gotta learn to sit still for a while after having done my nails, but I'm sure I will get there eventually. I love the wide brush, it goes on so smoothly and best of all, this polish doesn't chip easily, and still looks as good as new after a few days. I will definitely buy all my nail products from Sally Hansen from now on. Great product, highly recommended!

Very pretty color! Formula is slightly thick and takes a little longer to dry but not a huge issue at all! The brush was great and had lots of grip and control, definitely will buy in more colors xo

on 5/24/2013 6:35:00 PM

I have almost used this one up and I never use up a bottle of nail polish! This is a very sheer polish-- but that's what I was looking for. I love the way this goes on with the wide brush and it lasts and lasts. I usually only go 4-5 days between manicures and this one is always looking fresh when I take it off. Two coats makes the base for a gorgeous french manicure. Three coats gives a pretty, neutral, professional nail for work. I'm planning on buying my second bottle soon.

on 5/24/2013 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this line of polish from Sally Hansen, it's durable, shiny and relatively chip free. This is the only one I haven't liked and I have about twelve. It goes on streaky and after three coats, you can still see the color of my nail bed through it. This is frustrating because since my skin is dark, it makes the pink look unhealthy. I will not purchase again. If you're looking for a comparable pink neutral that actually goes on more opaque, I recommend Sonia Kashuk's Sugar Rush. It requires a top coat but the color payoff is neutral and pink and pretty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Shell We Dance? is a sheer pale pink. Like other polishes of the same color, it runs a little streaky, but I found the streak to be less prominent in this polish than other pale pinks. The formula was great for me, and I love that pro-wide brush, but what really makes this polish for me is that it still looked beautiful and perfect on day five with NO touch up! Obviously your results may vary based on body chemistry, but personally, this one has wonderful last. $8 is a more than I would spend on a drugstore polish (I bought this one on sale), but if my bottle got lost or broken, I might actually repurchase for full price based on how long it wore on me.

on 4/20/2013 10:37:00 PM

I really like the brush & formula.

Gave this a 3 because the pink color was too sheer & too neutral for me.

But I'd recommend this polish in general.

this product is AWESOME. totally perfect nude manicure in like 5 minutes, seriously. i don't even care if it chips tomorrow-would be very easy to fix. but for a working girl who loves having pretty nails but obviously can't afford manicures every week, i am in love with this.