December 18, 2014 | 997 users online

Lip Treatments - Badger - Poetic Pomegranate

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kendramac4

I am absolutely in love with this stuff! Call me crazy but I think it smells amazing.. like sweet citrus with cocoa and berry. It's by far the smoothest balm I've ever used, and keeps my lips so hydrated. My friend actually gave me hers when I was home visiting and forgot my go-to lip balm at the time (Sugar by Fresh).. and I've been hooked since.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I own the vanilla and like the application, moisture, staying power and yummy scent so decided to try the pomegranate. I'm also possibly allergic to safflower/sunflower and rapeseed and appreciated the main olive oil component.

The pomegranate seems to have an even better application, moisture-level and more staying power than the vanilla. My lips are in love with the feel and subtle shine, but....the scent. As others have written, it's a choco+lemon+herb. I knew I should've put it down because I loathe herbal scents but it was listed lower on the ingredients list than the pomegranate and vanilla!

The herbiness overwhelms in the tube but doesn't linger on my lips which is the main factor. I believe I've found a formula upgrade with the pomegranate but the smell... The pull-off cap of these Badger balms is sturdier and easier to remove than others (Pacifica) and I love these chubby tubes and having more product! It'd be nice if they discarded the herbal notes and made the pomegranate decipherable, because it's not - at all!

UPDATE: 6/12/13 Downgrade to will not repurchase. It's a great formula and I no longer believe it's better than the vanilla so I'll stick with this line and just get a different scent next time!

UPDATE: 9/5/13: This stuff lasts forever, but I need constant re-apps. My lip are coated but not 'moisturized', I'll be looking for a formula with more humectants once this gives out....some time in 2015, Lol!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by MERP

I've pinned down what this smells like: those chocolate-covered orange jelly sticks. Which is nowhere close to anything approximating "pomegranate". I like all the Badger fat tube lip balms, but I probably won't buy this particular flavor again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by achuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to like this and had a choice between the mint and the pomegranate. thinking that i had way too many mint flavored lip products, i went for the pomegranate. BIG MISTAKE. the worst thing about this is the smell. just thinking about it makes me nauseous. it has that chocolate-y scent of cocoa butter but with an oddly artificial fruit smell. it is very strong and it honestly made me feel sick. i had to wipe it off, it was that bad in my opinion (my sister was in the car with me when i put it on and she thought it smelled horrible too). since i wiped it off i can't really attest to it's moisturizing properties, but i couldn't get past the smell

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate it when "I want to like something." I want to like this, but I don't think I do.

After reading many rave reviews about Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balms I decided to blow the $6cdn and pick up this in Pomegranate because they didn't have any in Vanilla Bean. I guess cocoa butter in a lip product is an acquired taste? I'm really not sure about what it is this tastes like. Chocolate? Wine? Chocolate covered berries? There's something weird about the smell and consequently the taste. I guess its an ok product. It's certainly NOT HG like Carmex which actually heals my lips -but smells yukky. I like the wide tube, but the actual product itself isn't special. It's possible it's drying out my lips since I have to keep reapplying.

I have 2 other Badger products in tins (Evolving Balm, and Lavender Orange lip balm) and I think I better stop buying into all the Badger hype. The products in tins seem all have the same ingredients but different "essentials oils"- so they're basically all the same but smell different.

If this tube was cheaper I might try out all the flavours until I hit one I like, but at $6cdn a tube, no way.